It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatima?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hey,
I know that some of you have read Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, but have any of you read his book titled Angels and Demons? Its about the Illuminati and the Vatican. I have read it twice and the same part has stood out at me both times i read it. This part includes a reference to the Vatican Vaults and two collections of books / manuscripts.

The first of these collections is that of Fatima. It made reference to how the first two prophecies of Fatima had come true and that the third one was too stunning for the church to release. What are the prophecies of Fatima and is their any information on the third. Or are they just a writers tools to make me interested in something that is not of great importance or something
?

The second thing was the Apothycra [spelling?] I remember reading something about it on another post / forum about one of the books, the book of Epochs if im not wrong. Are they just unreleased books of the bible and / or do they contain any information about the christian religion that the church does not want released because it will [and excuse me if anyone is a strong believer] deminish the prowess of Christ and God?

Thanks for any information.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
most people believe that the third secret reveals something about the end of times and the anti-christ. Perhaps the date? But it is all speculation, of course, as none of us have seen these secrets, at least to my knowledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So essentially the third book of Fatima is like the book of Revelations except more revealing, secret and supplying a date? I did a little bit of research on Fatima and i found that it was an apparation of the Virgin Mary. is there anything more important about it or is this just one event of Fatima? Also... what does Fatima mean? is it like a code or something?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can you tell me who wrote Angels and Demons? thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmm, I read Angels and Demons a long time ago... The December before last, I guess... Anyways, I don't remember a whole lot about it except that when I was finished with it, thinking back on it, I would get confused between events in that book and the DaVinci Code because the books, characters, and plots are so similar.

from WikiPedia
Fātima was originally an Arabic name, meaning "She who weans", being the name of the only proved surviving child of the prophet Muhammad; after the advent of Islam it became a common Muslim name for women. It is sometimes used by Catholics in connection with a significant twentieth-century apparition of the Virgin Mary in the town of Fátima in Portugal.

So, basically, nothing there. I'm surprised that WikiPedia doesn't mention what you're referring to -- WikiPedia is all over stuff like that, usually.

Zip

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Dan Brown wrote the book.

Yes, as far as I know, it is supposed to be about the end. I believe that Fatima is something to do with orphanage, or the surogate mother or something.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I say we all group together for a walk on the Vatican and snatch the final secret.

Kind of like the idea someone here had of walking on area 51, of course without the warnings of being shot on site.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I bet that its not a huge important thing but its more likely just Dan Brown making a big deal out of something of little importance. It is very interesting to see that there is something behind it, even something as important as the apocalypse. I would really like to march on the Vatican and find out the truth about so much stuff. Even though i am not very religious it would still be an amazing thing to expirience. It would be great if they released a teaser of what they have been hiding from us for so long, like a monthly magazine about what they are hiding
that would be awesome

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
and do what? beat up the pope? lol, i would prefer not to be labeled as a bad guy by the ENTIRE WORLD! Plus, one of my goals in life, as hard as it may be to believe, is NOT to end up in Jail someday.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well not beat up the pope... but what about a "friendly, peaceful" march on the Vatican with a world wide petition... or weapons? I dont think the vatican has laws against mass demonstrations, correct me if im wrong, but it would be odd if they had laws against mass demonstrations but allowed people to show up in the thousands to be on popewatch.

Any thing else i should know about fatima [like what is the first prophecy if there is three... being that the second one is the apparation of the virgin mary in portugal] and what about Apocrypha?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here is the exact reference to it from Angels and Demons by Dan Brown:

"The vault's key was passed down from Pope to Pope. Camerlengo Carlo Vestresca had purloined the key and ventured inside; the myth of what the vault contained was bewitching---the origional manuscript for the fourteen unpublished books of the Bible known as the Apocrypha, the third prophecy of Fatima, the first two having come true and the third so terrifying the church would never reveal it."

it then goes on talk about the Illuminati diamond and brands but that has nothing to do about this and if u want to know more about it thats what the entire book is about for the most part.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All I can say is that it's a big Joke by the Vatican on the world' 1.1 billion Catholics

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know very little about Fatima, but I can be of some assistance in you search for information about the Apocrypha. Mainly they were the books of semi-scipture that weren't cannonized by the Catholic Church because they weren't considered works of divine inspiration. There are no secrets within them, and you could get a copy fairly easily. One of my favorite books from it is Bel and the Dragon. Epoch is also contained within the Apocrypha as well I believe.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fatima is the name of Muhammeds daughter

The city in spain was built and named by the muslims while they occupied that country.

The mary vision is one step in uniting islam and catholicism into a one world religion known as the whore in revelation and queen of heaven in Jeremiah.

Muslims, hindu's, even in the far east, they adore mary.
She is the Ishtar of today and the uniting force for religion.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
now that you mention it, that is where they had the visions i believe. I dont think it is Catholicism and Islam uniting. That doesn't make sense. The leaders of Islam wouldn't allow it, nor would the leaders of christianity. The Whore is the UN.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is the pope and the Curiae lying? This is the 3rd secret as published by Ratzinger. It hardly can be attributed to JPII’s shooting unless one were to accept that it either was an over-hyped prophecy or they employ a lot of imagination to twist it to fit.

Excerpted from the Vatican website:

As the second millennium gives way to the third, Pope John Paul II has decided to publish the text of the third part of the secret of Fatima.

The third part of the secret was written by order of His Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and the Most Holy Mother ... on 3 January 1944.

There is only one manuscript, which is here reproduced photostatically. The sealed envelope was initially in the custody of the Bishop of Leiria. To ensure better protection for the secret the envelope was placed in the Secret Archives of the Holy Office on 4 April 1957. The Bishop of Leiria informed Sister Lucia of this…

John Paul II, for his part, asked for the envelope containing the third part of the secret following the assassination attempt on 13 May 1981…

Sister Lucia had already given an indication for interpreting the third part of the ?secret? in a letter to the Holy Father, dated 12 May 1982:
”The third part of the secret refers to Our Lady's words: If not [Russia] will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred; the Holy Father will have much to suffer; various nations will be annihilated' (13-VII-1917).
The third part of the secret is a symbolic revelation, referring to this part of the Message, conditioned by whether we accept or not what the Message itself asks of us: If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, etc.'.

Since we did not heed this appeal of the Message, we see that it has been fulfilled, Russia has invaded the world with her errors. And if we have not yet seen the complete fulfilment of the final part of this prophecy, we are going towards it little by little with great strides. If we do not reject the path of sin, hatred, revenge, injustice, violations of the rights of the human person, immorality and violence, etc.

And let us not say that it is God who is punishing us in this way; on the contrary it is people themselves who are preparing their own punishment. In his kindness God warns us and calls us to the right path, while respecting the freedom he has given us; hence people are responsible.”

The secret:
(I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

JPII sent Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone to meet with Sister Lucia to discuss the letter, excerpts from same are as follows:

The original text, in Portuguese, was read and interpreted with the help of the Bishop of Leiria-Fatima. Sister Lucia agreed with the interpretation that the third part of the ?secret? was a prophetic vision, similar to those in sacred history. She repeated her conviction that the vision of Fatima concerns above all the struggle of atheistic Communism against the Church and against Christians, and describes the terrible sufferings of the victims of the faith in the twentieth century.

When asked: Is the principal figure in the vision the Pope??, Sister Lucia replied at once that it was… Lucia continued: We did not know the name of the Pope; Our Lady did not tell us the name of the Pope; we did not know whether it was Benedict XV or Pius XII or Paul VI or John Paul II; but it was the Pope who was suffering and that made us suffer too.

Cardinal Sodano then declared to the world:

According to the interpretation of the little shepherds?, which was also confirmed recently by Sister Lucia, the Bishop clothed in white who prays for all the faithful is the Pope…After the assassination attempt of 13 May 1981, it appeared evident that it was a mother's hand that guided the bullet's path, enabling the Pope in his throes to halt at the threshold of death…
Even if the events to which the third part of the secret of Fatima refers now seem part of the past, Our Lady's call to conversion and penance, issued at the start of the twentieth century, remains timely and urgent today.

Sodano further comments:

Because God is one, history, which he shares with humanity, is also one. It is valid for all time, and it has reached its fulfilment in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In Christ, God has said everything, that is, he has revealed himself completely, and therefore Revelation came to an end with the fulfilment of the mystery of Christ as enunciated in the New Testament. To explain the finality and completeness of Revelation, the Catechism of the Catholic Church quotes a text of Saint John of the Cross:…

3 more prophecies which should be allowed to silently gather dust alongside all the failed apocalyptic revelations.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The Fatima Prophecies

In May, 2000, the long-awaited "third prophecy" of Fatima was finally revealed by the Vatican. For some, it was a relief and for others an anticlimactic disappointment.

As for the first two prophecies, I'm going to paraphrase the first one from about.com. In 1940, one of the "prophets" wrote down what had been revealed to her all those years ago... Including World War II and the names of the next 2 popes. In 1940, at the time that she wrote this information down, World War II had already begun and the 2 popes had already come and gone.

from about.com
"When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to punish the world. To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays [of each month]. If My requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated."

Neither of the two parts of this prophecy came true, in my opinion.

from about.com
In 1960, Paul John XXIII opened the sealed prophecy and read it, and the faithful anxiously awaited its promised revelation. But it was not to be. In apparent defiance of the Blessed Mother's instructions, the Pope refused to reveal the contents of the prophecy saying, "This prophecy does not relate to my time." According to Kathleen A. Keating, however, author of The Final Warning: Your Survival Guide to the New Millennium, "John XXIII fainted when he read the third secret because it specifically states, according to eyewitnesses, that the Pope would betray the flock and turn his sheep over to the slaughter devised by Lucifer himself. John XXIII fainted because he thought he would be the Pope who would open the door to Satan and that he would be the long awaited antipope."

I hate to overquote, but I will for completeness' sake:

from about.com
On May 13, 2000 (the anniversary of the assassination attempt on him), the Pope visited the shrine at Fatima and made a surprise announcement that the secret would finally be revealed. The Vatican then told the world that the secret was a foretelling of the 1981 assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II. The referred-to passage states: "...the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him..."

This scenario hardly describes the attack on John Paul by a lone gunman, Mehmet Ali Agca, right in St. Peter's Square in May, 1981. The setting is not the same, there was no group of soldiers and the Pope, though seriously wounded, was not killed. Ironically, however, Ali Agca - even before the revelation of the secret was made - had said that he was compelled to try to kill the Pope as part of some divine plan, and that the act was related to the third secret of Fatima. And the Pope, shortly after he was shot, said he believed it was the hand of the Virgin Mary that deflected the attacker's bullet, allowing him to survive.

I think that it was a huge mistake for the vatican to endorse these prophecies.

Zip

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Okay I'm really going overboard with the quoting here, ... Again from about.com:

Kathleen A. Keating wrote of the recent revelation: "The Third Secret of Fatima is still a secret. In the press release issued by the Vatican today, the public was made privy to, at best, a watered down version of one sentence of the true secret. This ridiculous revelation bears no resemblance to the remarks made by Pope John Paul II in Fatima, May 13, 2000, when he said that we are in fact in the midst of Revelation-Chapter 12, verse 3: And another sign in heaven; and behold a great Red Dragon, having seven heads, and ten horns; and on his heads seven diadems… I have a source, deep inside the Vatican, who let me know some time ago that what would be revealed today would only distantly resemble the actual Third Secret, that it would be pared down, containing very little fact."

Even still... For an "infallible" church, the Vatican sure does endorse some fringe beliefs sometimes... (No offense to Catholocism.)

Zip

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow that is some pretty odd and amazing stuff. yea that was not a very good endorsion because it really has nothing to do with the lone gunman but if the church believes its what it is then fine. I guess this is also another one of those things where the prophecy "comes true" but is only announced after it happens... a lot like nostrodamus and how we can find stuff in his writings AFTER it happens but not before it happens for the most part. I would like to read the full third prophecy because maybe it will have some more clues but who knows. Thanks for all the info guys

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You guys think fatima is interesting then you should check out medjugorje. It had 10 secrets.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join