It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I screw it up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Okay, it starts like this. In my math course at the college i attend there is this girl. We talked once before, kinda briefly. However, on wed. (class is only on mon. and wed.) we were talking and class ended. I then asked her out to eat, and we went out to eat. Then I asked her if she had anything to do, or wanted to still hang out, and she did. It was a spectacular time. At the very end of the night I told her to call me, i must not have been thinking. But this girl was extremely cool, and now I really like her a lot. Also, I feel as though we really hit it off, and she said just before we parted ways that she had an amazing time, and said she would definitly call me. I have a few questions now.

1. If she doesn't call me before our next class, does that mean she either doesn't like in the way I would like her to, or does that mean I was an idiot and should have asked for her number instead?

2. Did I royally screw it up by wussing out and not kissing her at the end of the night?

Any other advice you could give me would be great.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, look at it this way: this is pretty much the first time that you really got to know her, being as you...

We talked once before, kinda briefly

Personally I don't think that you truely "screwed" anything up. This was possibly just a 'get to know you' kind of date. Just because she might not call you back before the next class doesn't mean she's not intrested, it means she's busy! I personally do not know either of you (obviously) but if you thought it worked great, then chances are she thought the same too. Try being friends first, then take a stab at more serious dating. And don't be so hard on yourself, you didn't do anything wrong as far as I understand.

One question though... How can you really like someone a lot that you barely even know?

_df

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why don't you just play it cool, wait until tomorrow and ask her out for a cup of coffee or something after class?? She may just be playing it cool by not calling you and letting you sit and worry if she likes you. It is the smart way

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFlame
Well, look at it this way: this is pretty much the first time that you really got to know her, being as you...

We talked once before, kinda briefly

Personally I don't think that you truely "screwed" anything up. This was possibly just a 'get to know you' kind of date. Just because she might not call you back before the next class doesn't mean she's not intrested, it means she's busy! I personally do not know either of you (obviously) but if you thought it worked great, then chances are she thought the same too. Try being friends first, then take a stab at more serious dating. And don't be so hard on yourself, you didn't do anything wrong as far as I understand.

One question though... How can you really like someone a lot that you barely even know?

_df

The chemistry was just incredible, that is how. However, I am not being hard on myself, I was just making the situation seem more dire than it truly was; what would be the point of putting something on ATS if you didn't add a little more zing to it?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think you should of kiss her on the second date hang out or what ever you want to call it

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
I think you should of kiss her on the second date hang out or what ever you want to call it

thanks, i am gonna go for it, unless i wuss out again. But this time i dont think i will.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hi Ryan,

Sounds like you might have a good thing going on here. My advice to you would be to not listen to too much advice; mine included

Seriously though, don't try too hard to contrive a situation, because it will feel contrived to both of you. It's not wussing out if you don't kiss her, its just not the right time.
If there's chemistry between you, it will happen naturally, when you're both ready; your instincts will tell you both that it's right; and when it happens it is an amazing sensation of chemistry and spontaneity. It might be tomorrow, it may take a while, but try not to be too anxious about it. Take comfort in the fact that she is probably thinking the very same as you.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
man i sure hope she is thinking the same thing about me. Today was a no go, by the way. Man, i really do hope what you said is true, that actually does make me feel a lot better.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
be kule and she is most likely waiting for you to call.

the first rule of the unwritten code of honor:

treat them mean keep them kean!

call her make her know that you are intrested!
she will say she is washing her hair if you ask her out
but keep it kule and wait for her to relises you are intrested!

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Never give your number. Always take hers.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
CiderGood_HeadacheBad:: is right. always take the girls number!

if you can try and get it, if she wont give it to you then well you have blown it!

oni x x

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
doesnt mwan anything, she likes u man- u dont have to kiss her, besides thatl;l prove u dont want to get in her pants if u dont anyway. sure there may not be wrong in kissing her, but she now knows your interested in her for more than just her female "qualities" (if u no what I mean)

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Be calm and cool around her man, just go with the flow of things.

Ask for her number.
Don't kiss her untill the 3rd date (Unless your me, then you can hit it all off at the first date...umm...nevermind)
Be nice and polite to her
Rock on with that cool grin that no girl can resist

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
By reading your story I had a strange vision of the future! In it you were playing baseball and the girl came to talk to you. Seconds later she walked away and you were in a state similar to the one below:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
# THE YANKEES!

White Sox, number one team in baseball baby. 57-29.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My guess is you became a White Sox fan starting this season?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
My guess is you became a White Sox fan starting this season?

My guess is you have no idea who Minnie Minoso, Shoeless Joe, Early Wynn, Blackjack McDowell, or even Joey Cora are. Don't insult me asswhipe, I was one of the few who said the White Sox would run away with division. My guess is you are just bitter that your team isn't in the number one spot in the league. I have always been, and will always be a White Sox fan. I did not root for the Cubs back in 2003 win Alex Gonzalez blew their world series chances, not steve bartman. I've watched every game or listened to every game that the White Sox have played including the opening game. Did you know we just started the second half, technical second half, of the season the same way we opened the season? 1-0 victory over the Cleveland Indians. To put this on the record before they go 12-4 at least, the Bears will make the playoffs as well. Btw... a fairweather fan wouldn't have voted 1000+ times for Scott Podsednik to make the all-star game, and wouldn't be able to do this:

A.J. Pierzynski - C
Paul Konerko - 1B
Tadahito Iguchi - 2B
Juan Uribe - SS
Joe Crede - 3B
Jermaine Dye - RF
Aaron Rowand - CF
Scott Podsednik - LF
Frank Thomas/Carl Everett - DH

Mark Buehrle - SP
Freddy Garcia - SP
Jose Contreras - SP
Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez - SP
Jon Garland - SP
Brandon McCarthy - SP

Neal Cotts - RP
Cliff Politte - RP
Shingo Takatsu - RP
Damaso Marte - RP
Luis Vizcaino - RP
Dustin Hermanson - RP
Bobby Jenks - RP
Kevin Walker - RP

BENCH
Timo Perez - OF
Willie Harris - OF/Util
Pablo Ozuna - Util
Chris Widger - C
Ross Gload - OF/1B

That is everyone that I can currently recall that either will play a game for the Sox this year, definetly, or already has. Please don't question my eternal love for the White Sox or the Bears. It is hard enough to love these teams that tend to fail you at the end of the season every year but to be called a fair weather fan, most likely a description that fits you ever-so nicely, is beyond annoying.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How does fair-weather fan fit my description? In fact, what team do I root for?

I do agree Alex S. Gonzalez lost the game for the Cubs, not Mr. Bartman.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
How does fair-weather fan fit my description? In fact, what team do I root for?

I do agree Alex S. Gonzalez lost the game for the Cubs, not Mr. Bartman.

it fits the exact same way that you saw it fitting my description. You judged way too fast, and you judged very incorrectly. Listen, you can call me almost anything, and I won't get offended. But to tell someone who watches every game of every season regardless of record, that they are a fair-weather fan really gets me going. I don't know who you root for, nor do I care, I just care that you called me a fair-weather fan, when there is NO DOUBT about my loyalties in sports and the rest of life for tht matter. It is just something that gets me going. Teams you can't call me a fairweather fan for:

Bears
White Sox
Bulls
Illinois (U of I)

top topics

join