It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India 'V' Pakistan! How Long?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The tensions between India and Pakistan have been mounting for several years now!

Both have quite recently become nuclear powers and both are expanding thier military power!

Is this not a sure sign that they are ready to battle???

How much longer will it be before they declare war on each other and spray the world with radioactive waste???

[edit on 22/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Judging by recent overtures of peace and cooperation, I would say that they won't be doing "War" anytime soon, bar anything really bad kicking off.

The President of Pakistan and India's PM went to watch a cricket match together the other day!!

BBC News

Have a read. There is alot of background and current info on the two Nuclear Powers.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Been living in a cave?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
India and Pakistan are at the closest point to normal relations as they have ever been. A couple years ago, your question might have been legitimate, right now though, the prospect for a lasting peace with the occasional extremist nut causing trouble is very viable for the next few years.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So the fact that Pakistan is buying aircraft from the US and India is buying Tanks from Russia has slipped past you then???

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The US has also offered to provide military equipment India. Stockpiling weapons is nothing new for these countries, they and others have been doing this for years, updating and upgrading their military (sort of like keeping up with the Jones) but it doesn't mean a war between the two is imminent or any closer than it was in previous years.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Buying weapons doesnt mean the region is in trouble.

Peace talks continue, both sides want peace and stability for greater trade and economic success.

Kashmir isnt worth annihilating two countries for.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Both countries cannot risk war lest their economies suffer along with mounting casualties and civil unrest that can god unheeded for years on end; and we have seen this during independence in 1947 when both sides wared over triviality and dogmatism.

Deep

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I agree Pakistan/India relations look good now. I think it'd take an Islamic revolution sweeping radical mullahs into power in Pakistan to bring on a nuclear war between the two nations now.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well exporting Islamic revolution has been Iran's official policy for a few decades so I would not discount any "religious interfence" by Iran in Pakistans domestic affairs, esspecially considering Iran's recently renewed efforts to influence Iraq's political scene.

top topics

join