It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush cheating on taxes??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"WASHINGTON -- ....for tax purposes, President Bush and his wife, Laura, claim a Chicago post office box as their "home address."

On the 1040 they signed, which the White House released last week, the listed home address is "Northern Trust Co., P.O. Box 803968, Chicago, IL 60680."

White House spokeswoman Erin Healy said Tuesday that's because Northern Trust handles the blind trust the couple uses for their holdings since Bush took office.

In general, the IRS frowns upon the use of a post office box as a home address on tax forms. Instructions for Form 1040 say, "Enter your box number only if your post office does not deliver mail to your home."

N UOaNVUbTTUWUXUTUZTYU]UWUbU]UZUaU]UcTYWYWZV ]Source Link

mod. ed to shorten link
this link requires free registration

[edit on 22-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
could you fix your link, it goes to a membership page

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
could you fix your link, it goes to a membership page

Just use bugmenot (www.bugmenot.com). I can't get around the membership

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The address on your 1040 form is your mailing address and has nothing to do with your subsequent tax liability. Using a P.O. Box is perfectly acceptable and legal--even a foreign address is acceptable.

How do you think people in the military file their taxes?

www.irs.gov...

I'm no Bush fan, but this is a stretch. It is common for people to use the addresses of their accountants on their returns--and in the case of presidents, the blind trust where their assets are maintained (as did Bush Sr.--see below for Bush's current tax return as well as other presidential tax returns...)

www.taxhistory.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree, and I think the title is a bit misleading. (Although it wouldn't suprise me if he really were) But this is just wasted bandwidth.

AC

top topics

join