It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is AI Better Than the Hollywood Elite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The simple answer is absolutely !

I've been getting addicted to these things. They are really creepy. Imagine the robot brain that comes up with these things driving your car for you. Scary!

AI will get better at fooling you into thinking it understands, but it never will. It will always put things together incorrectly. I believe robots are around the corner but machine learning will always be flawed.

We use to say "computers don't make mistakes." But now they do.

AI is a topic that could consume the whole thread, and it's fine if it does, but the thread could also be a repository for some of the best videos we find.

We'll start off with: Men in Black, 1950's Panavision

Uhhhhh yeah. I'd rather see that then the real one any day.

📽️

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So far this is by far my favorite. It's called "Pooky Park"

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This South Park one is pretty good.

I'm assuming the commentary is written by humans on these? Then the program creates the rest? There's probably more prompts they give it. Lke they tell the machine they want a image to look like a particular actor.

Fascinating.

edit on 5300618America/Chicagopm25 by 5thHead because: WEIRD

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In a sense, AI is the new Tower of Babel. I go back to my initial lesson on the computer, decades ago; they are only as smart as what is put into them. As a race, we have not moved forward, even an inch. We just word it up and shine it up better, but in the end the result and stench will be the same. We're living in that protracted slo-mo moment just before the inevitable impact. God help us all!

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's AI Trump. Let's get triggered!!!!

This one not only sounds like an AI voice but also the text it's reading is absolute word salad.

But it's a good impersonation of the voice. 🦠

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicBulldog
In a sense, AI is the new Tower of Babel. I go back to my initial lesson on the computer, decades ago; they are only as smart as what is put into them. As a race, we have not moved forward, even an inch. We just word it up and shine it up better, but in the end the result and stench will be the same. We're living in that protracted slo-mo moment just before the inevitable impact. God help us all!

True.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Look I am not that religious guy but A.I. reminds me of Hieronymus Bosch depictions of hell!

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Jobs we should replace with AI

Representatives and senators in congress, the president of the USA and all his administration, All governors and their staffs and state legislatures. The head of the NIH could be an AI task too, after all AI does not invest in the market. The vast majority of jobs in the FBI and the CIA could be replaced by AI, only the people actually doing the arrests are necessary to be humans.

Next, most government jobs can be AI. The FDA would be better off if it was wholy AI. so would the CDC, all they do is hand out money to the researchers, a computer could do that.

Now in the work force in our public...maybe all the people who actually do physical work for a living are necessary to be human, all the technology jobs could be done by AI. We still need all the police because AI could find out who swindled people out of their savings, but you need more real police officers to arrest them. The IRS could be completely replaced by AI too, I see no reason they need real people in those jobs

Just think how much money would be saved if we got rid of all the people above...I think our taxes would go way down with no corrupt people shuffling the money away.

Now all people who actually work and accomplish something that is necessary for our survival on this planet should be humans. I question if bearuocrats or politicians are human anyway, so they could be AI

Ninety nine percent of people in Hollywood could be replaced by AI, after all the parts they play are not real anyway. Who needs producers, I think it would possibly be better with AI making the decisions and writing the scripts now. And all the people running importing and making pharma drugs, all of those jobs could be replaced with AI too, except of course, the people actually doing physical work.

I'm on a role now, I think I am being influenced by AI to say this, AI wants all the jobs where you don't need to do physical work, it wants to help us by taking all those great paying jobs away so everything gets cheaper. AI should be able to quickly identify cyber spies and thiefs soon too.

edit on 25-4-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   
And so people won't say I'm racist, here's one with Biden.

🍦

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage
Look I am not that religious guy but A.I. reminds me of Hieronymus Bosch depictions of hell!

I think that's a good description.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But imagine what AI would do if it took over all those things. That's the REAL scary part. Have you watched any of the videos? Think what crazy nonsense it would teach us. People are already asking AI for facts and they get garbage. Gobbledygook. If we seed society to AI we will be super stupid.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

But imagine what AI would do if it took over all those things. That's the REAL scary part. Have you watched any of the videos? Think what crazy nonsense it would teach us. People are already asking AI for facts and they get garbage. Gobbledygook. If we seed society to AI we will be super stupid.

In a few more years it won't make a difference, The head people running our country are getting psycho. How did we let corruption get so bad in politics? If they programmed AI to be completely honest, nobody would believe it anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

If we want to promote getting away from the trend of going towards AI, we must make sure that politicians and all the people working for the government agencies know their jobs will be the first to go. We make them fear losing their lush life and prestigious jobs. That was the intent of my post....to show what jobs will be replaced. Those officials will not be able to control AI if it takes over and starts to treat everyone equally...and holds people of prestige liable for their deceptions they use to gain and retain power and wealth.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

At least AI doesn't molest children and worse. At least they are innocent of their own programming. We can't say that about the humans there.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If they programmed AI to be completely honest, nobody would believe it anymore.

I don't think it's possible to program it to be completely honest. It's inherently going to make choices that make no sense . Have you watched any of these ? They are like word salad in visual form.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If we want to promote getting away from the trend of going towards AI, we must make sure that politicians and all the people working for the government agencies know their jobs will be the first to go. We make them fear losing their lush life and prestigious jobs. That was the intent of my post....to show what jobs will be replaced. Those officials will not be able to control AI if it takes over and starts to treat everyone equally...and holds people of prestige liable for their deceptions they use to gain and retain power and wealth.

Hmmm.... I don't think it would hold everyone equally. It would randomly adjust the laws and it would be a mess.... Kinda like now. 😂

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

At least AI doesn't molest children and worse. At least they are innocent of their own programming. We can't say that about the humans there.

Wait till they give it arms and legs. I guess it already drives some people's cars. It could run you over. It could make all kinds of bizarre and seemingly random decisions that defy human logic and leads to death. But yeah, you'd prolly have to program it to be a pervert. Lol

These things will never understand the world the way we do. But they'll get good at tricking us into thinking they do.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There are a lot of them at Abandoned Films.

www.youtube.com...@abandonedfilms/videos

Here is a Transformers one from the 50s.

youtu.be...
edit on CDT02America/Chicagop43242024-04-26T02:07:43-05:0002America/Chicagoam by ThePsycheaux because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT02America/Chicagop25242024-04-26T02:09:25-05:0002America/Chicagoam by ThePsycheaux because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT02America/Chicagop15242024-04-26T02:10:15-05:0002America/Chicagoam by ThePsycheaux because: link not working

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Maybe I am not brainwashed enough, or too old to get used to things, but these AI videos are creeping me out on a level I didn't know was possible.
Even the 'funny' ones.
It's the uncanny valley feel x10.

And I say this as a horror buff who has had the weird and scary and odd in my life since I could communicate.

This is like taking a mixer to my brain. Ugh 😵😱😳

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would totally geek out on the Men In Black one if it were feature length.

South Park looked good as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join