It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're right. It's pointless. I'm just gonna go find a good view and watch it all burn.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   

“We don’t want a two state. We want 48.”

“We don’t want a two state. We want all of it.”

Columbia University.

t.me...

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

“We don’t want a two state. We want 48.”

“We don’t want a two state. We want all of it.”

Columbia University.

t.me...

Yeah, the Jew haters.

They can bluff and obfuscate all they want online, but in the end, they say who they really are.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The great state of Texas shows again what it is to be an American.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

They can bluff and obfuscate all they want online, but in the end, they say who they really are.

They have the spirit of antichrist.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Or do something like scream FU over and over in your face and you can't do a thing about it.

Well, that depends.

Around Christmas time, some friends and I went into Manhattan to check out the city, see the tree at Rockefeller Center and then hit a few of the watering holes because that's thirsty work.

As we were walking from Grand Central to Rockefeller Plaza we walked right into some kind of protest that was going on. One of the protesters comes up to my friend Marty and gets right up in his face and was about to scream something. Unbeknownst to that asshat, Marty hits like a freight train and has a hair trigger. Marty just planted the guy right where he stood. He never even got a word out. The guy's friends see this and start running towards us. The other 3 of us fan out and start walking towards them.

They were not expecting that. They got scared and ran up to a cop who was there for the protest. I couldn't hear what the cop said to them but I saw him just shoo them away. He then waved to us and smiled as we headed into the nearest place that had a neon sign in the window.

Sometimes cops get it.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Follow the money. YEP .... the 'protests' are being funded and organized by George Soros money. He's got his hands and his money into nearly everything that is bad going on in this country. The useful idiot protestors are just indoctrinated pawns in his anti-American game ... and so are those who support the antisemitic nonsense going on with the college campuses.

George Soros is paying student radicals who are fueling nationwide explosion of Israel-hating protests

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

We’re getting really close to a swing that will cause havoc. Within the next three would be my guess.

I disagree, when it swings back Conservatives do not act like Liberals.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Irishhaf

Any protest that calls for genocide is no longer a protest its a threat and should be treated with a major response.

I doubt that most of them are calling for genocide. In fact, I’d bet they’d argue they’re protesting a genocide (not that I agree with them, just noting what their opinion is).

And again, if we keep blurring the lines on what’s free speech, and simply protesting against Israel is protesting for a genocide on Israel, where does that stop?

What happens if someone decides they want to protest against our involvement in Ukraine. What if people on the internet say they agree with Putin? What if people say “we should bomb the F out of ______”

All of those could be perceived as blurring the lines with being hateful against a group or calling for violence.

The only time I see speech as violence is when you say “I’m going to do _____ to ______”

Then what happens when someone says I hope biden doesn’t live till the next election? Is that violent speech, or is that wishing death.

I think people are too quick to cheer on people they disagree with getting the government boot.

Yeah, man, this is what I'm talking about. Everyone has forgotten about free speech and free choice, and want to see the government oppress people they dont like, but then cry when the government turns around and does the same thing to them. Its like my hippie uncle told me, you should never cheer the government crushing one group of people that you dont like, because eventually, they will turn that ol boot right in your cheering face once they stomped out the other guy. Thats whats happening. I think Hammas are a bunch of terrorists, but other people disagree, and they have a right to. And I think the Israelis are arrogant assholes too, and other people disagree, and thats fine too. And I do think the government sends in assholes to agitate and stir up problems to give cops and excuse to shut the whole thing down. I think thats nonsense. Why not just arrest the assholes, and leave everyone else alone? That makes more sense than shutting the whole thing down.

No one believe in free speech, or freedom of anything anymore. Everyone wants to force you to think like them, and punish you if you dont. Cant talk any sense into anyone, especially about this.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

What you stubbornly fail to see or to admit is *your side* is just as corrupt as the other side. All we have for a government is the Uniparty. My battle is against corruption. There's no escape from that anywhere on this planet.

I'm so happy that you are here to tell us what corruption is or not, thanks. If we say corruption happens on both sides the left goes so overboard with everything, they do everything on some full retired level crap. That is what really hurts America on many levels. when we look at all these issues in America today, they all have a liberal beginning to them. I also think you can't just say the whole Government is corrupt over and over without talking about details. It just gets boring and there isn't any content to talk about.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

I think the internet is partially to blame. It’s conditioned people to speak normally in hyperbole.

You’re not face to face with the person, and often you’re anonymous.

I think people doing that for extended periods of time makes it easy to bleed into the real world. We likely see that in all protests too with individuals willing to say grotesque things, because they’re probably so used to doing so on Twitter.

I implore people to be careful what they wish for though. I imagine the internet is next.

If the government is trending to stop people from saying things about other countries, what are they going to do about political statements about our own?

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think the internet is partially to blame. It’s conditioned people to speak normally in hyperbole.

You’re not face to face with the person, and often you’re anonymous.

I think people doing that for extended periods of time makes it easy to bleed into the real world. We likely see that in all protests too with individuals willing to say grotesque things, because they’re probably so used to doing so on Twitter.

I implore people to be careful what they wish for though. I imagine the internet is next.

If the government is trending to stop people from saying things about other countries, what are they going to do about political statements about our own?

Thats what I think it is, or at least most of it. Everyone is so big and bad behind the keyboard, so it encourages people to talk pure nonsense, or say things they know are lies, or bully and behave rudely towards someone that you would never do in person. But I think social media has made everything way worse because it designs program and code to push forward the wackiest, rudest, and most insane stuff. On top of that, their algorithims are designed to feed you with whatever they think you want more of, which just makes you end up in an echo chamber and cant really feel other peoples opinions. I left social media years ago, and never looked back. The only platform I use is youtube, but I noticed even that place does the same thing with algorithims and feeding you what you want to hear.

And I think it is all now spilling over into real life, like this protest getting canned, even though technically, no one really did anything wrong. And January 6th. And a lot of protests Ive seen the cops come in and smash. People shouldnt be excited about it, they should be very concerned, because they are very likely next.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Out of pure morbid curiosity as an outside observer, to those proud Americans who are actively cheering on while your government shreds your constitution and marches you towards authoritarianism.
Just so I'm straight on this.
Are you really OK with middle aged lady professors being arrested and/or manhandled to the ground by two burly police officers while repeatedly yelling I'm a "I'm a professor, I'm a professor", in her workplace?
edit on 26-4-2024 by HerbertWest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We’re getting really close to a swing that will cause havoc. Within the next three would be my guess.

Can you explain how they acted during Covid then?
Many conservative friends ended up as mean and brainwashed as the collectivists.

And my conservative government was absolutely miserable to live under.
edit on 26-4-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HerbertWest

It’s hard to tell anything really from the 5 seconds of context in that little video clip.

Her yelling “I’m a professor” really has little to do with anything unless it was her way of trying to get out of the consequences for something she had done which caused her to be in that predicament.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Exactly. The whole issue here is authoritarian control. It doesn't matter who's neck is getting the boot ATM. We all suffer, collectively in the end. Why don't people get that? And why would conservatives be OKAY with more punishable crime legislation thrown in the books? If people want more antisemitism laws because they don't feel safe in this country, maybe move to Germany or Israel. Quit chipping away at the liberties in this country to pander to a foreign nation.

I don't slander Jewish people. There is a very clear distinction between a people and its government. Just like here in the US. How many of us want to be conflated with our corrupt government ? We should be able to critize governmental entities. No government on this planet should be above reproach or accountability. However, that's exactly what Israel (gov) wants. That's why they're pressuring our government so hard to crack down. It's concerning to see conservative legislatures bend so willingly. Makes you wonder why?

It doesn't help when we've got virtue signalers on both sides who work to shut down free speech in this country. We've got liberals who scream RACIST at every turn & now we've got conservatives screaming ANTISEMITE. The only purpose this serves is to stifle debate and kill free speech. Without free speech in this nation we are nothing. We have no freedom. Period. People should be very careful about their desire to kill speech. That will be the nail in the coffin for America. I am quite disturbed by the fact that someday soon, I might accuse Israel of being corrupt or bring up the fact that Jeffery Epstein was a Mossad agent then someone decides to cry "Jew hater" & suddenly I'm in jail.
edit on 26-4-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Here's the full version.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm sorry my diatribe about how corrupt the world is bores you. Maybe I should post some cute cat videos instead.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When conservatives swing back, they become Fascists. Conservatives have swung into fascism many, many times throughout history. It's considered 'payback' to the other side

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join