It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good News According to Jesus - Episode 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
1914 was a precedent making year for humankind in many respects. That year saw the outbreak of World War I, the first truly global war. Many historians say that the world changed forever in that fateful year.

A small group of Bible Students had been keenly studying Bible prophecy and in the 1870s perceived that Bible prophecy indicated that God's kingdom rule in Jesus' hands would be established in heavens in 1914. They saw that the "times of the nations" or the "gentile times," a time period when no king ruled on God's throne representing his rulership would end. The last king sitting on Jehovah's throne was Zedekiah. He was ripped from his throne in 607 B. C. E. when the Babylonians, sent by Jehovah God to punish Israel for their badness, was taken into exile and became a vassal to the Babylonian Emperor. The kingship promised to David was never restored. When Jesus came to earth he did indeed have lineage that descended down from king David, from both Mary, and his adopted father, Joseph's line.

Those Bible students that later became known as Jehovah's Witnesses perceived that the "last days" started in 1914. Although they didn't fully understand what that entailed, they later realized that did not mean they were all going to go to heaven (which they were waiting for) and that Armageddon would commence immediately. They realized that first a global preaching work would have to happen as foretold in Matthew 24:14.

Also in the year 1914 the awesome work The Photo-Drama of Creation was published. This four-part, eight hour audio-visual presentation was presented to the public and shown in theaters around the world to millions of people.

So the following is not something new for Jehovah's people. Since their reformation in modern times, they have always used modern technology to advance the preaching of the good news of God's kingdom. During that time as well Pastor Russell's sermons were published in dozens of newspapers to an audience of millions of readers around the world, and they had the largest radio network at that time (WBBR) broadcasting to many many millions who would listen to them as well.

Concerning that radio station the 1975 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses writes:

The station continued to broadcast the Kingdom message for 33 years, primarily serving the northeastern United States. But at times WBBR was linked to a network of other stations, thus reaching millions of listeners in the United States, Canada, and beyond. In fact, the 1975 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses reported: “By 1933, the peak year, 408 stations were being used to carry the message to six continents, and 23,783 separate Bible talks were broadcast . . . In those days, one might spin the radio dial and tune in Watch Tower broadcasts emanating from widely scattered stations at the same time. Often the air waves were filled with words of truth that glorified God.”
(See above posted link for source).

Well today Jehovah's Witnesses are producing an 18 episode epic movie of the life of Jesus Christ entitled: The Good News According to Jesus. The first episode's preview can be seen here:

Feature Bible Drama Preview: The Good News According to Jesus: Episode 1—The True Light of the World.

The first episode looks to be about an hour long according to the Regional Convention schedule I'm looking at. So it will probably be around 18 hours long? The first episode of the 18 episode epic of Jesus' life will be released around the world in hundreds of languages to 10s of millions that gather every year at the Regional Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses. Here is an invitation to see the movie as well as all of the program of spiritual enlightenment:

You Are Invited: 2024 “Declare the Good News!” Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses

And a special song made for the program:

“Good News”! (2024 Convention Song—Lyrics)

edit on Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:15:12 -0500pm42420240400000012America/ChicagoWed, 24 Apr 2024 13:15:12 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

What about all the blatant child abuse Jehovah's Witnesses swept under the rug?

I am sure Jesus would not be too happy about that.

edit on 24-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My favourite JW meme

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Are you Jehovah's Witness?

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

Are you Jehovah's Witness?

I'm not saying this of your question. But you know something? There are many that ask that question rhetorically as if it is an insult. Yet this is what scripture says:

"This is what Jehovah says:
“Let not the wise man boast about his wisdom;
Let not the mighty man boast about his mightiness;
And let not the rich man boast about his riches.”
“But let the one boasting boast about this:
That he has insight and knowledge of me,
That I am Jehovah, the One showing loyal love, justice, and righteousness in the earth,
For in these things I take delight,” declares Jehovah.
"
-Jeremiah 9:23-24.

And in another scripture:

“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none.
I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
“I am the One who declared and saved and made known
When there was no foreign god among you.
So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.
"
-Isaiah 43:10-12.

edit on Sat, 27 Apr 2024 11:44:32 -0500am42720240400000032America/ChicagoSat, 27 Apr 2024 11:44:32 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join