It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Government to Sanction Israel Defence Force in the West Bank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Good news for anyone interested in tackling extremists as Antony Blinken is expected to announce sanctions against the West Bank Israel Defense Forces "Netzah Yehuda" battalion , sanctions were imposed on Friday against Jewish extremist Ben-Zion (Benzi) Gopstein who founded "Lehava" , an extremist organisation that has engaged in violence against West Bank Palestinians.

The U.S. imposed sanctions on Friday against Ben-Zion (Benzi) Gopstein — an extremist settler who is the founder and the leader of "Lehava," an organization that has engaged in destabilizing violence affecting the occupied West Bank, the State Department said in a statement.

Obviously Netanyahu isn't happy and has sent a warning to the US.

It is forbidden to impose sanctions on the Israel Defense Forces!
In recent weeks, I have been working against the imposition of sanctions on Israeli citizens, including in my conversations with senior American government officials.

At a time when our soldiers are fighting the monsters of terror, the intention to impose a sanction on a unit in the IDF is the height of absurdity and a moral low.
twitter.com...

Forbidden by who Bibi , you ?

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is expected to within days announce sanctions against the Israel Defense Forces "Netzah Yehuda" battalion for human rights violations in the occupied West Bank, three U.S. sources with knowledge of the issue told Axios.

It would be the first time the U.S. imposed sanctions on an Israeli military unit.

The sanctions will ban the battalion and its members from receiving any kind of U.S. military assistance or training, the sources said.
A 1997 law authored by then-Senator Patrick Leahy prohibits U.S. foreign aid and Defense Department training programs from going to foreign security, military and police units credibly alleged to have committed human rights violations.

On Thursday, ProPublica reported that a special State Department panel that investigated alleged violations of human rights based on the Leahy law recommended months ago that Blinken disqualify multiple Israeli military and police units that operate in the West Bank from receiving U.S. aid.

At a press conference in Italy on Friday, Blinken was asked about the recommendation and said he had made determinations based on the panel investigation.
"You can expect to see them in the days ahead," Blinken said.
www.axios.com...

If you bite the hand that feeds you it may become the hand that slaps you.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Blinken noticed the wind changed direction again. Election time, Michigan is crucial.

Appears to do something when in reality does nothing.
edit on 4 21 2024 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Netanyahu seems to think it's something.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It seems that the world is finally opening its eyes and the international community has to take action on things that it has been hiding under the rugs for decades.

It seems that following the actions of the USA (as always), Europe is also beginning to take action.

Extremist settlers in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem: Council sanctions four individuals and two entities over serious human rights abuses against Palestinians
The Council decided today to list four persons and two entities under the EU Global Human Rights Sanctions Regime. The listed individuals and entities are responsible for serious human rights abuses against Palestinians, including torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment and for the violation of right to property and to private and family life of Palestinians in the West Bank.

With today’s listings, restrictive measures under the EU’s Global Human Rights Sanctions Regime now apply to 108 natural and legal persons and 28 entities from a range of countries.

Those listed under the sanctions regime are subject to an asset freeze, and the provision of funds or economic resources, directly or indirectly, to them or for their benefit, is prohibited. Additionally, a travel ban to the EU applies to the natural persons listed.

source

Just as Netanyahu is increasingly isolated internationally, the finger-pointing of his accomplices is forcing them to take action. It is only a matter of time before Israel becomes a global pariah state.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
All I see jews doing what muslims have always done and now muslims are mad.

Why would they become a global pariah state?

I still dislike pretty much every single Muslim country a lot more because of their historical records of slavery, abuse to girls and young boys and a persecution of infidels.

Again Muslim counties have been doing this to everyone else and each other from time immemorial. Why should I start caring right now? What promises do I have at any kind of Muslim reform? Zero.
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The eu has also put sanctions on some Israelis too.

Apparently nutty netty had an emergency meeting the other day as he is concerned the icc will issue an arrest warrant for his crimes in Gaza.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Blinken noticed the wind changed direction again. Election time, Michigan is crucial..

Gotta' get those Michigan Arab votes to win in November ...

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yet, it's perfectly fine to fund said forces though, right?

Right??

Israel: "But thank you for the 2 infusions of "warfare welfare" totaling more than $50 Billion!"

🙄

edit on 21-4-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

All I see jews doing what muslims have always done and now muslims are mad.

Why would they become a global pariah state?

All I see is that the West, initially led by the English and French colonies and currently by the USA, are still trying to influence 100 years later in a foreign land.

The demonstrations throughout the world, reflecting the increasingly notable global isolation of Israel and its defender the USA, will make Israel a pariah state for failing to comply with all international treaties and basic human rights. (Even war has its laws. We are in the year 2024 although some may forget...)

This war has killed more children than the last 4 years of war combined.
Unprecedented murders of doctors, health personnel, humanitarian personnel and journalists.

Meanwhile in the West Bank, where "Hamas is not there", they continue to occupy, colonize, kill and expel native Palestinians from their homes as they did 76 years ago.

All of this will make Israel a pariah state worldwide. A large majority of Jews are totally against the Zionist settler state of Israel. Zionists are one thing and Jews are another.

I still dislike pretty much every single Muslim country

You fight hate with hate and that has never solved any problem, that is the result of what is happening in the Middle East.

Your intolerance towards Muslims makes you lock yourself in your own bias and say that "everyone is equal." And for that you only need common sense. Not all Muslims are the same, nor are all Canadians like you, for example.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They have to ensure that human and international rights and people's property are respected and that the offending illegal settler is punished. That same right to property that you are against in the occupied Palestinian zone protects you and your family so that they do not throw you out onto the streets and occupy your home.

You are off topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Minister of National Security Ben Gvir has said the Sanctions are a "Red Line" (sounds like a threat) , the convicted supporter of terrorism also said "The members of the Netzah Yehuda must be protected." , easily done if they're pulled out of the illegally occupied West Bank.

Israeli ministers Itamar Ben Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich also slammed the US move ."Imposing sanctions on our soldiers is a red line," Gvir said, adding that the move was extremely serious and "The members of the Netzah Yehuda must be protected."

He also called upon the Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant, considered a hawk in the Israeli government, not to submit before the US diktat.

Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich in a statement on social media platform, X, came out strongly against the US plans to impose sanctions on Netzah Yehuda. "The move to sanction IDF battalion, while Israel is fighting for its existence is complete madness. This is part of a planned move to force the State of Israel to agree to the establishment of a Palestinian state and to forsake Israel's security," he said.
www.tbsnews.net...

They don't like it up em.

edit on 21-4-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HopeForTheFuture
You are off topic.

No.... it's very much on topic. The reason why the Biden White House is doing anything now is because of the dismal polling numbers in Michigan. 200,000 Arab Americans live there and for the most part, the voters among them have voted in the primary against Biden. Biden needs Michigan to win in November. He's pandering.

VERY VERY much on topic. Your attempt to say otherwise is a failure.

This action by the White House isn't out of concern for anyone living in the West Bank. It's out of concern for the November elections.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You are off topic. Their sanctions are for acts that fail to comply with international law.

isn't out of concern for anyone living in the West Bank.

You remain off topic, it worries the sanctioned settlers and the victims of the Israeli settlers in the West Bank, that's what the OP talks about, even if you like to distract. You are off topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
And it looks like the people of Israel agree with what I said.
Biden doesn't suddenly care about people in the West Bank.
He is doing this for votes in Michigan.

Breitbart - Slams Biden Decision to Sanction Religious IDF Unit

It is unclear what prompted the U.S. to sanction the unit, atop other controversial sanctions against Israeli citizens who have not been accused or convicted of any crime.

In Israel, it is widely presumed that Biden is trying to separate himself from Israel to pacify Muslim- and Arab-American voters in Michigan, for fear of losing his reelection bid.

In addition, the Biden administration faces rebellions from left-wing staffers who are obsessed with their hatred of Israel and are constantly pushing the administration to oppose it. The Jewish Insider recently reported on “listening sessions” within the State Department in which staffers who have nothing to do with Israel or the Middle East are allowed to berate their superiors about U.S. support for Israel, with little or no pushback from senior officials.

edit on 4/21/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Reads best with a Dracula accent.

Wagging the dog.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos.

Again Muslim counties have been doing this to everyone else and each other from time immemorial. Why should I start caring right now? What promises do I have at any kind of Muslim reform? Zero.
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

You are so incredibly misinformed about the middle east. Unfortunately it would probably take hours to de-program the consent for hate the establishment has manufactured in you.

Do you even know what Wahhabism is or where it comes from? Do you understand our relationship with Saud Arabia? You sound either incredibly misinformed or just straight ignorant. Can't tell.

What if I told you that Iran had a functioning democracy up until America and Saudi Arabia seeded a revolution in the 50's installing a radical form of Islam known as Wahhabism.
Source
This is Iran in the 40's.

Not a burka in sight.
You think radical Islam just organically sprung up from the ground in these places?

We supply weapons to ISIS in Syria who routinely burn Christians in cages.
Source

I understand you have been propagandized to fear Islam. I was under the same assumption once too until I educated myself about American foreign policies. It's way more nuanced than just...

Again Muslim counties have been doing this to everyone else and each other from time immemorial.

You honestly don't think Christianity, catholicism, and Judaism are immune from this same criticism?

The catholic church(and our government) is full of pedophiles for crist sake! America is the largest consumer of inappropriate pictures of children and child sex trafficking on the planet.

Our judeo-christian capitalist autocracy has killed an estimated 12 million people in the last 20 years from sanctions and unjustified wars. Sure you may see them as dirty Muslims who deserve it. That doesn't make you any better if you support the same barbarism you say they support.
edit on 21-4-2024 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: stosh64

Netanyahu seems to think it's something.

Or he's throwing that bone to Biden so the administration can say "See, Netanyahu is SOOOO mad! We really did something!"

Who knows, really?
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Read the Koran cover to cover and get back to us. It is the strangest mess. I dont think you have an understanding of Islam. My family lived in Turkey. People who obey the koran are inherently evil. Those muslims murdered 1.5 million of my people. raped all the women and children, and shot the men in the head. The God muslims worship is an alien being otherwise known as a fallen Angel. Allah is none other then that old dragon, serpent, liar, murderer Satan the Devil.

Know people by their fruits. Muslims bear rotten fruit filled with the disease and rot of sin.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Read the Old Testament. Pretty barbaric if you ask me! But then again you can cherry pick whatever you want to from any holy book and call it barbaric.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: HopeForTheFuture
A large majority of Jews are totally against the Zionist settler state of Israel.

Do you have a source for that?

Nearly 90% of the world's Jews live in the US and Israel. The majority of US Jews support Israel.

To make your statement true, you'd have to show that the majority of Israeli Jews hate their own country.

Please give us your source for that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join