It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian Vostok complex has been put into operation in Antarctica

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You know, a lot of claims have been credited to Admiral Byrd about that expedition, even a supposed diary entry. But I have had an extremely hard time with accreditation for these claims. No concrete proof, just a bunch of random statements, that repeat other random statements. Can you lead me towards anything substantiated? Thank if you can 👍reply to: hoobah

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Naftalin

Interesting! Why only 10 months a year? Is this due to the weather or maintenance work?

I'm just wondering if the stilts are so thin so that the cold doesn't get into the building so easily? And adjustable so you can compensate for ice movements?

Most stations operate in the summer and have just a maintenance crew in the winter. There was this Navy guy I remember taking there for the maintenance crew 4 times and I asked him why does he do it over and over. He told me it is mainly just one big party with a little work and back then women had very few places they could go to get their "combat time" and that was one of them, so the ratio was extremely good for men that went there.

One big party is on the ball , I watched a documentary about loading up a American Base with supplies for the winter and the frigging amount of booze that was shown was staggering , they must be walking around hammered 24/7 ,

They put the Irish and Scots to shame with their boozing and that's saying something

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: RussianTroll

It's getting pretty crowded down there.

Hope it doesn't capsize, like Guam.

Interesting - Vostok is relatively close to Old Pole Station. I thought remember Eric Hecker mentioning something about Old Pole being securely locked up. Vostok looks a lot like Ice Cube Neutrino and NSF. I'm guessing these similarly styled buildings being placed all over Antarctica isn't a coincidence. Everyone is probably doing it with the secondary objective of designing habitats that can withstand harsh conditions that Earth (or our neighbors near and far) dishes out. Hecker mentioned the DOMS in the ice, a dual-purpose energy transmitting device and earthquake generator wrapped in one.
He covers a lot of it in his Shawn Ryan interview.

<< 1  2   >>

join