It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian Vostok complex has been put into operation in Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Sectors of countries owning territories in Antarctica.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

What's the source for that?

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There is the 1959 Treaty:

www.worldatlas.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Size 15 lol
I can imagine the ribbing you get with those shoes especially in white , I am a size 12 UK and cannot wear white trainers or I get jokes about if his feet were not turned up so much he would be 8 foot tall

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Here's Wikipedia on territorial claims and non-territorial claims in the Antarctic.
UK HAS territorial claim, but Russia.... sadly no, neither does the USA!
There are only 7 countries that have territorial claims.... you might be surprised by some of them

Link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Due to the depletion of mineral resources around the world, attempts to remove restrictions on the development of mineral raw materials have already been made by many strong participating countries, and more than once. Back in 1988, some of the parties to the Antarctic Treaty staged a debate on the possibility of abandoning the protocol, and instead adopting a “convention on the regulation of activities in the extraction of mineral resources of the Antarctic,” thus giving the starting signal to the plunder of the fifth continent. However, luckily, the ratification of such a document was nevertheless blocked by the joint actions of France and Australia. Russia, like the United States, is not formally participating in the Antarctic race. But who are you fooling with this? By the way, a very important legal point: Moscow and Washington officially declare that they do not recognize the claims of other countries. And this is a little bit like almost war...

Here is a map of stations in Antarctica. Of course, since the source is Russian, the nationality of the stations is indicated only for Russian stations.
Red - year-round
blue - seasonal
brown - closed
yellow - planned

And here is a map of the planned division of Antarctica

This is based on the results of consultations between Russia and the United States.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
It's getting pretty crowded down there.

Poor penguins will probably get squeezed out.
Humans ruin everything.

That must be why, in a recent video, penguin chicks jumped 50ft into the water below. To get away from us.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

There could be a multitude of reasons for such equipment at the base ranging from medical emergencies like the OP suggested to the likes of training and acclimatisation or research purposes.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Love the Lego alligator cargo cult spaceship look of the thing. Also thumbs up for the anti pew pew paint job.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Size 15 lol
I can imagine the ribbing you get with those shoes especially in white , I am a size 12 UK and cannot wear white trainers or I get jokes about if his feet were not turned up so much he would be 8 foot tall

I'm 6'5" 280 pounds, you want to jokey jokey?

There are some shoes I see that I like and when they bring out the size 15, I'm like hell no, I'm not wearing those.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Size 15 lol

There are some shoes I see that I like and when they bring out the size 15, I'm like hell no, I'm not wearing those.

Years ago you were very lucky to get a size 12 in anything in the UK and had to have anything especially made at a stupid cost , a co -worker was paying £ 300 quid for a simple pair of trainers to fit his feet and that was nearly 40 years ago .

But with the size kids are growing to now big sizes are the normal , I am a stumpy 6'3 and feel like a midget with the size of kids passing me now .

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I'm only a size 9 myself, about 5"10.

Unfortunately, £200/£300 is not that far off the mark these days for a half-decent pair of trainers.

I don't pay that myself anymore, who have i got to show off trainers too. LoL

But bloody weans and all that jazz.

The world sees us coming really.

Probably you before me at 6"3 all the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Size 15 lol

Years ago you were very lucky to get a size 12 in anything in the UK and had to have anything especially made at a stupid cost , a co -worker was paying £ 300 quid for a simple pair of trainers to fit his feet and that was nearly 40 years ago .

But with the size kids are growing to now big sizes are the normal , I am a stumpy 6'3 and feel like a midget with the size of kids passing me now .

I was in Paris for high school, and back then to get 12.5 was almost impossible, I remember losing my toenails. Today the internet is king. I really do not buy my shoes in stores as only the Nike employee store ever had anything past 13.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I see that I like and when they bring out the size 15, I'm like hell no, I'm not wearing those.

size 15! them ain't feet their yards.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Interesting! Why only 10 months a year? Is this due to the weather or maintenance work?

I'm just wondering if the stilts are so thin so that the cold doesn't get into the building so easily? And adjustable so you can compensate for ice movements?

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I was in Paris for high school, and back then to get 12.5 was almost impossible, I remember losing my toenails. Today the internet is king. I really do not buy my shoes in stores as only the Nike employee store ever had anything past 13.

edit on x30Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:00:48 -05002024110America/ChicagoSat, 20 Apr 2024 17:00:48 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naftalin

Interesting! Why only 10 months a year? Is this due to the weather or maintenance work?

I'm just wondering if the stilts are so thin so that the cold doesn't get into the building so easily? And adjustable so you can compensate for ice movements?

Most stations operate in the summer and have just a maintenance crew in the winter. There was this Navy guy I remember taking there for the maintenance crew 4 times and I asked him why does he do it over and over. He told me it is mainly just one big party with a little work and back then women had very few places they could go to get their "combat time" and that was one of them, so the ratio was extremely good for men that went there.

edit on x30Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:58:21 -05002024110America/ChicagoSat, 20 Apr 2024 16:58:21 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Moscow and Washington officially declare that they do not recognize the claims of other countries. And this is a little bit like almost war...

America should declare it is our 51 state.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks, but I'd rather wait for a reasonable answer. I didn't ask how much sex they have there. Hope your feelings don't get hurt again like before.

I apologize for that in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So, why don't any of the countries with bases on Antarctica build bases in the WARM part of the continent (in the center)?

If you doubt this, watch the 1947 documentary, "The Secret Land," about Adm. Byrd's expedition-in-force to Antarctica. The ice-free footage is shocking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join