It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Young Ukrainian Men Trying To Flee The Country To Avoid Conscription And The War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'd like more than one source to confirm this.
It's probably true, but I'd like to see more than one.

If the USA was invaded and there was a war against us, I'm sure that lots of the snowflakes and young 'woke' left wingers here would be running for the border to try to hide. They'd be wanting others to do the work to keep the country free ... all while on their cell phones recording their 'suffering' online.

Russia has millions leaving and that makes even more sense since for them it is an unneeded war and Putin doesn't have issues with seeing a million or more men dead or permanently handicapped. For Ukraine with a population of 45 million, you will always have a small percentage of people who don't care and do whatever to get out of service even if it means Russia rules, and there is a small percentage that wants it to happen, so kind a little bit more complex than just two countries fighting.

You don't know if it's a small percentage who doesn't want to fight. The UK based channel argued there are thousands and thousands of young men leaving and in a few months there wouldn't be more for conscription if it goes this way. Which means that many young Ukrainian men have either died or seriously injured despite what the western media have said about victory and all that bs

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar
a reply to: Consvoli

I live in Texas.

I guess we now know who to expect at the border in coming months.

Not in Texas. But Romania and Poland are nearby and they face this problem every single day.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

You don't know if it's a small percentage who doesn't want to fight. The UK based channel argued there are thousands and thousands of young men leaving and in a few months there wouldn't be more for conscription if it goes this way. Which means that many young Ukrainian men have either died or seriously injured despite what the western media have said about victory and all that bs

Let's say 20,000 in the population of men. That would be .0009% Is that a small percentage to you? 2.2 million would be 1%. Also, do you blame Putin for any of this? It's like you would blame America for the deaths of 405,000 Americans in WWII and not say anything about Hitler.
edit on x30Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:55:41 -05002024109America/ChicagoFri, 19 Apr 2024 11:55:41 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Let's say 20,000 in the population of men. That would be .0009% Is that a small percentage to you? 2.2 million would be 1%. Also, do you blame Putin for any of this? It's like you would blame America for the deaths of 405,000 Americans in WWII and not say anything about Hitler.

You didn't get the point I am afraid.

There is quite a lot of evidence young men and women don't want to fight on either sides.

People are fleeing Ukraine and the rest who can't do it join the army with a heavy heart. If you have followed the documentary the reporter said that if the situation continues there would be no more men to fight, which means one thing only: many young men and women have died or seriously injured. You missed the whole point of this conversation.

There are no parallels between WW2 and this regional conflict.
edit on 19-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
"How about Poland, Finland, Sweden, and so on?"

Yeah, what about them, what is the problem, should we finance and protect the whole world? As a nation of officially around 84 million souls? How should this work? The whole Ukraine story is sucking us dry of money and weapons, here at home everything goes down the drain but we send money to the whole world and it seems it´s still not enough for some people. No, they want german soldiers to die too. To protect some often tiny nations who p!ss at a too big tree because they think the west/NATO will protect them anyway. They don´t even try to find a peaceful coexistence as neighbors on this continent, they want it all or nothing, they hate russia and russians from the bottom of their hearts and will always tease and provoke until the Endsieg about Russia.

"I find Germany to be an openly fascist sh!thole too so let them be next."

You are almost right here, chapeau! But it´s not openly but hidden fascist, hidden under a "anti-fascist" mask. Around 80% of the people here have shown their real fascist faces while the plandemics. They have shown that they would support any fascist Führer and would put dissenters in concentration camps again to protect the Volksgesundheit and whatever else, without batting an eyelid. As long as this Führer tells them that he is anti-fascist and the best of the morally good ones.

"This isn't Americans going to Vietnam to fight some war like everyone describes. This is fighting for one's homeland and from your post it seems you do not care if Russia made Germany a satellite country like days of old in Berlin."

But is the Ukraine my homeland? For us it would be our Vietnam, that´s for sure. To fight the russian communism from spreading as we are told. In a foreign country but not even for our own interests, unlike the USA in Vietnam. How is that not similar to Vietnam? And do we as germans not enough already to keep ukrainian soldiers dying till there is no one left of them? Once the ukraine supporters tell us that russia is running out out of everything, has only old weaponry and that they don´t even manage to bring the Ukraine to it´s knees since 22. But at the same time they want to tell me that Russia is ready to invade whole eastern europe? Please make up your minds so i can take you seriously. And do you really believe that Russia could not raze the Ukraine to the ground if WEF-Putin really wanted to defeat WEF-Selenskyi? The two benefit more from keeping the whole # simmering for as long as possible, maybe fort different reasons, maybe even for the same reasons(staying in power etc).

"If that is how you think then so be it as you seem to have total disregard for where you live,"

I don´t think that you know what i think and guess that applies to everyone except me. And i don´t have total disregard for where i live (the patch of earth really can't help it) but by who i am ruled and who brings us to the brink of a WW3 and pushes us down the drain as a nation. Unfortunately we can´t change that anymore by voting because of how politics has made the state its prey.

"so I guess your Government isn't providing for you enough for you to care one way or the other."

Absolutely and tbh, this is not "my" government, i didn´t vote for any of them. I simply vote for somebody who didn´t lie to me yet and who will not become big enough to be able to hurt me anyway. And, yes, squeezing us native germans like lemons and worse, leaving us barely enough to be fit enough for the next day in a low wage slave job is really not enough for not only a few millioons of us here. Would you fight in a war for somebody who started or at least helped to start that war, by escalating instead of de-escalating, instead of trying to do everything necessary to stop or earlier prevent that war? Remember Istanbul 2022, the peace deal that only was aborted due to the rejection by UK/USA ? Would you fight and die for such cheap wimps which would have their greedy a$$es in a bunker or in a plane before you could count to 1 while leaving you behind? Or would you like to see your children, family, friends sacrificed for such warhawks and their wet dreams of a superpower or new world order or whatever is in their evil minds? I personally would prefer to die for me and because of natural course, war is not natural.

One last question to war praising sofa warriors, warhawk and war supporters like you seem to be one, why are you not in the Ukraine fighting for the "good thing" and "to protect the ukrainian democracy" that is "so free from corruption like nobody else on earth". How much how much have you personally donated to the Ukraine, did you sell your car, your house, your property yet to support the Ukraine? Or is it all blablabla from sofa warriors like you seem to be one, all that drumming for war cozy from the sofa, seemingly feeling like indomitable superheroes.

You know what, i simply don´t want a war and so i don´t support those who do everything to finally launch world war three, whatever their real crude reasons are. You and me seem to be very different when it comes to this.

edit on 19-4-2024 by DerBeobachter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The video serves as a reminder of what war is and a reply to all online posters who glorify war, argue that other people must fight and get killed... from their safety and comfort of their couch!

Cry me Mississippi river. Seriously, are we going to lament over the human nature now? Humans have been waging wars against each other since the time immemorial. The history of mankind is the history of killing and fighting for the territory and resources. Animals aren't much better in that regard but I digress. So you don't like it? Blame dunno Nature, Fate or God Almighty that he created humans this way.

It's a moral duty to defend your mother country if it's attacked. If some Ukrainians don't want to do it and flee abroad, they should be deported back to Ukraine. Other countries shouldn't accept pseudo-refugees. The genuine refugees are women, children and old or disabled men. They deserve protection. Young healthy males fit for the army - no. Sorry for being sexist. There was a time, not sure if there still is, when men were not allowed to leave Ukraine.

Ukrainians are perfectly justified in treating traitors and cowards in a brutal way. After all, it's the matter of their country's survival. And, unfortunately, such people appear during every conflict; the selfish and worthless cowards who think only about themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If they speak Russian, why flee. Putin is just protecting Russian speaking people’s. Well, other than the ones being used as canon fodder.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

People are fleeing Ukraine and the rest who can't do it join the army with a heavy heart. If you have followed the documentary the reporter said that if the situation continues there would be no more men to fight, which means one thing only: many young men and women have died or seriously injured. You missed the whole point of this conversation.

There are parallels, one country is trying to take another country over by force... Kind of like WWII in a nutshell. Well, they better kill off 30+ million, since the Russians are dying at a much faster rate, we can hope Russia hits some wall first. BTW I have been in Poland Training Ukrainians, and I didn't see heavy hearts, but a lot of very focused people wanted to learn as fast as possible even if it was 16 hours a day.

Send your heavy heart messages to Putin...

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter2
The whole Ukraine story is sucking us dry of money and weapons, here at home everything goes down the drain but we send money to the whole world and it seems it´s still not enough for some people.

For America, it is a very cheap proxy war. I'm not sure why people complain about the cost for us. I think it is more just political posturing than anything else. We sent about 3% of one-year military budget, and I know this being directly involved, a lot of the gear we gave them is older gear that we put premium prices on and used the Ukraine budget to pay for it. What this means is 90%+ of the money we gave to Ukraine we actually gave back to ourselves in the cost of older equipment we really didn't want anymore.

The other side is Ukraine will be in debt for all that money for the next 50 years, so we all are not spending crap for this war.

Germany is playing the same game in the 3-billion-dollar package was not money, but 30 Leopard 1 A5 tanks, 20 Marder armored personnel carriers, more than 100 combat vehicles, 18 self-propelled Howitzers, 200 reconnaissance drones, etc. I bet it was older equipment too.

But is the Ukraine my homeland?

The big question is since Russia is the aggressor and seems to find whatever reason to invade as they see fit, do you want to stop Russia in a proxy war with no German lives lost in another country, or do you want to try and stop them in Germany in the same situation Ukraine is in. We can't control the aggressor like would like so we must deal with it in the best scenario and right now Ukraine is the best.

I don´t think that you know what i think and guess that applies to everyone except me.

I can get an idea from your writings.

You know what, i simply don´t want a war and so i don´t support those who do everything to finally launch world war three, whatever their real crude reasons are. You and me seem to be very different when it comes to this.

Tell that to Putin. It seems so many have forgotten he started this, and he can end this. If someone out of the blue started to beat your friend to death, would you just say, I don't like fighting and just walk away? In both cases the control is not on our side when someone else starts the fight.

edit on x30Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:48:36 -05002024109America/ChicagoFri, 19 Apr 2024 15:48:36 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

There are parallels, one country is trying to take another country over by force... Kind of like WWII in a nutshell. Well, they better kill off 30+ million, since the Russians are dying at a much faster rate, we can hope Russia hits some wall first. BTW I have been in Poland Training Ukrainians, and I didn't see heavy hearts, but a lot of very focused people wanted to learn as fast as possible even if it was 16 hours a day.

Send your heavy heart messages to Putin...

It's better not to draw parallels between regional conflicts and world wars (especially WW2).

The facts speak for themselves I am afraid. Thousands of young people on both sides say no to this madness. There are so many of them killed and the continuation of the war is more madness.

Nothing can be gained further. Russia got the territories they wanted after sacrificing so many young soldiers and Ukraine lost their territories after sacrificing so many young soldiers.

I don't support Putin or Zelensky.
You said on your post before the one I am replying now that Ukraine shouldn't be blamed. But I didn't blame Ukraine. If you want however to play the blane game everyone is to be blamed for the continuation of the war including the west using Ukraine in this proxy war.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
If they speak Russian, why flee. Putin is just protecting Russian speaking people’s. Well, other than the ones being used as canon fodder.

The incidents have happened in Western Ukraine where there are not that many ethnic Russians.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'd like more than one source to confirm this.
It's probably true, but I'd like to see more than one.

If the USA was invaded and there was a war against us, I'm sure that lots of the snowflakes and young 'woke' left wingers here would be running for the border to try to hide. They'd be wanting others to do the work to keep the country free ... all while on their cell phones recording their 'suffering' online.

For what it's worth, BBC also did a story on this.

As you said, it's not hard to imagine.

The West is gradually being indoctrinated to hate their own countries. It's no surprise that some young men won't fight for their country.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You said on your post before the one I am replying now that Ukraine shouldn't be blamed. But I didn't blame Ukraine. If you want however to play the blane game everyone is to be blamed for the continuation of the war including the west using Ukraine in this proxy war.

Putin is to blame very plain and simple, but people here are blaming Ukraine without a single point towards Russia. So what if people are leaving that don't care enough to fight for their country...They can deal with that down the road.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Putin is to blame very plain and simple, but people here are blaming Ukraine without a single point towards Russia. So what if people are leaving that don't care enough to fight for their country...They can deal with that down the road.

I didn't blame Ukraine for the invasion by Russia.
I do blame all sides for the continuation of the war. After 2+ years in the conflict there is nothing to be gained imo. So many people dead and there is no need for more to die. Ukraine and the West need to accept the loses (territorial).

en.wikipedia.org...

Around 27% of Ukraine has been occupied. Do you think the Russians will give it back? Some of it could be negotiated but most of it will become Russian territory.

And the west must stop using Ukraine in a proxy war.

The people who support the endless conflicts must first send their kids and grandkids to fight and die and then argue what is ethical or unethical.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Around 27% of Ukraine has been occupied. Do you think the Russians will give it back? Some of it could be negotiated but most of it will become Russian territory.

And the west must stop using Ukraine in a proxy war.

The people who support the endless conflicts must first send their kids and grandkids to fight and die and then argue what is ethical or unethical.

If we used our military power the war would be over in 2 months. They are fighting a WWI scenario, so maybe the war has gone on for two years because Ukraine is fighting an ass-kicking contest with just one leg. If NATO said get out, the war would end.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure why people complain about the cost for us. I think it is more just political posturing than anything else.

giving bullets and money is much better than blood.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

giving bullets and money is much better than blood.

And we are not really giving money and not really giving, its a loan.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Khazars are having their revenge finally, by pitting Ukrainian and Russian men against each other to decimate the population, as both are descendants of Kievan Rus, which was responsible for the destruction of their empire.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I've always been of the mindset, go big or go home.

Either fight to win the war or surrender. America is supporting just enough to prolong the war, but Ukraine needs to win and win decisively.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If you believe so much in this...why don't you go volunteer to fight over there?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join