It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Mercury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In 2004 the legendary Paul Rogers became the front man for Queen. That all came about when Brian May and Rogers played together at The Fender Strat Pack concert and the two of them got along great. A bit later, May called and asked Rogers if he would like to play together.

While Rogers was sitting in his living room thinking about it, the record player came on and started playing Queen's "We Will Rock You". He asked his wife if she had turned it on and she said "No, it just came on by itself".

Now, could that have been just an electronic glitch ?
Well....maybe. It could have just happened to turn itself on and skip to playing that particular song.

Personally, I like to think it was Freddie Mercury reaching out to give his blessing.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
While Rogers was sitting in his living room thinking about it, the record player came on and started playing Queen's "We Will Rock You". He asked his wife if she had turned it on and she said "No, it just came on by itself".

I'm not much into what i call the woo-woo, but my mother experienced something strange right after my stepfather's funeral.

This was back about 20 years ago and cell phones were still not quite as ubiquitous as they are now. He disdained them so he had a toy cell phone he carried around, one that would make ringing sounds when you pressed the buttons. He'd pull it out and pretend to talk on it just to piss off the hoity-toity types who thought having a cell phone was cool.

After his funeral, she and his daughters were back at her house and that toy cell phone was sitting on the mantelpiece. It started ringing. This thing didn't ring spontaneously, never had before and never had since.

Then, there was the time I was pallbearer at a friend's funeral and in the middle of the service we all received a text message from his number saying, "Tell these guys to hurry up and get it over with. It's taking too long." One of his kids had sent it from his phone, but it was hard to not crack up in the middle of the solemn funeral service.

:
edit on 2024 4 17 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

join