It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nirvana - Immigrant Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's been around for a while but I hadn't seen it before so if there's any other Nirvana fans here who haven't seen it before here it is.

Very early Nirvana with their original drummer cover Zep's Immigrant Song.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It's been around for a while but I hadn't seen it before so if there's any other Nirvana fans here who haven't seen it before here it is.

Very early Nirvana with their original drummer cover Zep's Immigrant Song.
I had a lot of Nirvana boot's I had downloaded, even the 'Black Box', never heard this ever.
I lost all my music on a external drive that went bad. 15 years of DL's and 1.8 TB of stuff gone.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When i read the thread title, i thought this was the British Band " Nirvana " who where around in the 1960's to the early 70's. Alas it is not.

Off topic but some interesting facts. Most think the the first " Rock Opera " was The Who's Tommy. In fact the first was Nirvana's " The Story of Simon Simopath " released 2 years before Tommy.

Tommy wasn't even the second Rock Opera, it was The Pretty Things " S.F. Sorrow "

Thanks for your patience.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I like the cleaned up version of “Old Age” found on the Lights Out box set that ends with him just breaking out into “Low Rider”. 😋

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Dang. I do have a decent collection of rarities/b-sides/demos from back in the old days. If you need a hand reacquiring your Nirvana collection. Not sure if those are hard to find these days or not, as I don’t think I’ve added anything by Nirvana to my library in a long long time it seems. 😋

to a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Or I guess it was a solo acoustic version actually. I guess I just remember it being recorded cleaner than a lot of the older tapes. Though the stuff when he’s strung out alone upside down in a closet have always been my favorite.

This is the one:

Nirvana - Old Age

edit on 17-4-2024 by RealityDestroyer because: 🤷🏻

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well, it was interesting. But not a good cover by any metric.

I liked the Karen O and Trent Reznor cover for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I'm a fan of Zeppelin, but when I was a kid I thought Immigrant song was by Heart or some other female band.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The only thing my car plays is Led Zeppelin

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

edit on 4/18/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

The only thing my car plays is Led Zeppelin

Woah that was a flashback to when I was four or 5 years old seeing the record propped up informant of the box of records my mom had below the record player.. also I remember that song sometimes playing

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
26 minute tape of the rehearsal at Krist Novoselic's mother's house.
0.07 Love Buzz
2:21 Scoff
3:18 About A Girl
6:17 Big Long Now
10:38 Immigrant Song
13:17 Spank Thru
16:19 Hairspray Queen
20:07 School
22:58 Mr. Moustache

new topics

top topics

join