It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Hold Dinner with President of Poland At Trump Tower Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wonder what they will be talking about?
Wonder what Joe Biden thinks of this?
Wonder why the US Press isn't covering this?
Wonder if other world leaders will meet with Trump too?

Kinda interesting.

Trump To Hold Dinner with President of Poland At Trump Tower Tonight

President Donald Trump will have dinner with Polish President Andrzej Duda for dinner on Wednesday night, per a report out from Reuters.

While the dinner isn't on the formal schedule of the trip, a week-long series of meetings with Canadian and American leaders, sources told the outlet that the meeting will take place at Trump Tower.

This meeting indicates that leaders in Europe are preparing for a Trump return to the White House. Duda, a nationalist, is set to be in office through 2025, when his term is up. The two men were close contacts and partners during Trump's term in office, and an aide to Duda said that they have remained in touch.

Interesting article discussing what could be in their discussions. The Polish leader said the visit was social. But there does seem to be a lot to talk about in America/Poland relations. Maybe getting a feel for what America/Poland relations would be like with Trump back in office . Who knows?

Poland - What's right, what's not and what's next

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

One thing they will be discussing is the help for Ukraine. While I think it's a noble cause, Poland should stay out of the US elections soap opera. Sure, if Trump becomes a president, then such a visit will be in order. For now on, it looks like supporting one candidate against the other. And we aren't yet sure who's going to win.

This visit is private and, above all, unconfirmed. It's not yet certain that Trump will find the time to meet Duda and, if he doesn't, then the latter will look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How quick will Trump get blamed for breaking The Logan Act? 😀 The stories will be fast

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How quick will Trump get blamed for breaking The Logan Act? 😀 The stories will be fast

And prosecuted, unlike when John Kerry did it and it got swept under the rug.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Probably pretty fast. Any time a politician who isn’t holding office meets with foreign leaders, opposition screams Logan Act.

Kerry was probably the only one in recent history likely guilty of that since he was involved in negotiations.

But people can meet and discuss broad visions for where the future should go. The only time I’d personally see it as crossing a line is if deals or promises are made.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well, for one thing, Duda probably promised to come and visit Trump in jail.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hopefully he can stay awake long enough for dinner. Poor old blokes had a hard enough time staying awake during his own criminal trial.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Probably pretty fast. Any time a politician who isn’t holding office meets with foreign leaders, opposition screams Logan Act.

Kerry was probably the only one in recent history likely guilty of that since he was involved in negotiations.

But people can meet and discuss broad visions for where the future should go. The only time I’d personally see it as crossing a line is if deals or promises are made.

Didn't Obama just go to London, a surprise visit to Rishi Sunak. Former democrat presidential candidate Kerry was meeting with Iranian leaders throughout Trump's presidency. That's just what has been reported so it seems rather common.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Well, for one thing, Duda probably promised to come and visit Trump in jail.

I know right, can you believe that judge Merchan actually threatened Trump with jail time if he misses court to attend his son's High School graduation? That is terrible and will just end up creating more support for Trump.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Which US Press isnt covering it?

CNN, Washington Post, US News and World Report, Bloomberg, NY Times along with multiple local and regionals all have stories on it.
TGP doesnt seem to have anything on it while The Conservative Treehouse talks about a similiar previous visit with the Hungarian President.

By the book Former President Trump is just that Former President. The designation Mr. President is used for the current POTUS

As used in this section, the term “former President” means a person--

(1) who shall have held the office of President of the United States of America;

(2) whose service in such office shall have terminated other than by removal pursuant to section 4 of article II of the Constitution of the United States of America; and

(3) who does not then currently hold such office.

www.archives.gov...

Seems like he has already been meeting with other foreign leaders which makes sense for a leading candidate to be the next POTUS.

When not tied up in legal proceedings, the Republican White House candidate has been conducting a kind of shadow diplomacy.

He has been taking meetings with global leaders and lashing out against the foreign policy of his November opponent, President Joe Biden.

www.barrons.com...
edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3002-05:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3003-05:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Since the US isn't in dispute with Poland that shouldn't happen.

criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not so fast my friend;

Kerry Defends Secret Meetings With Iran During Trump Admin

you can read it & watch it in Kerry's own words

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Perogis, Big Macs and Diet Cokes I hear........

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

en.wikipedia.org...

Not so fast my friend;

What is the correlation you are trying to make?

A user asked ,"How quick will Trump get blamed for breaking The Logan Act? "
I replied with he shouldn't since the US isn't in dispute with Poland with the dispute being a key gatekeeper on the Logan Act.
What does your Kerry scenario have to do with the Logan Act? '

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

en.wikipedia.org...

Not so fast my friend;

What is the correlation you are trying to make?

A user asked ,"How quick will Trump get blamed for breaking The Logan Act? "
I replied with he shouldn't since the US isn't in dispute with Poland with the dispute being a key gatekeeper on the Logan Act.
What does your Kerry scenario have to do with the Logan Act? '

Thought I was adding to your post. I think we're on the same page here. My phrasiology may have been misleading.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It almost seems like Trump does stuff like this just to create controversy. He's always in the news doing something that is borderline illegal or divisive.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The left will make great wee in their skinny jeans over this/

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei
It almost seems like Trump does stuff like this just to create controversy. He's always in the news doing something that is borderline illegal or divisive.

You don’t say?

What’s “borderline illegal” about it?

And nobody is more divisive than the insane Liberal cult that hates everything and everyone.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Hmmm... just check the headlines on him the past ~10 years. He's constantly doing stuff that creates controversy. Don't even act like he doesn't because you know he does. The Logan Act is something that this could apply to, but it's up for interpretation just like every other controversial thing he's done.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: ImagoDei

What’s “borderline illegal” about it?

Not sure but I think in Clown World everything Trump does is illegal. He still has a pulse and he's orange, that's enough for the TDS crowd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join