It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Electric Priest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hello All...

It's truly great to be back on ATS after a long absence. I used to be a ravenous devotee of this site. I found it funny that even though this is an international site and the #1 conspiracy site in the world (I see they're using different terminology now, alternative something or other...means the same), it was still easy to hold conversations with the same people on a daily basis. I found that I actually made friends on here, though in physical absentia, and would look forward with great anticipation as to how people might respond to one of my threads or the countless opportunities to learn more about what is going on in our world.

And so, that's really what I wanted to say briefly, I suppose. So far as an actual introduction goes, I'll say just a tad. I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas, graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, was a Air Cav Helicopter Pilot in the 82d Airborne (paratrooper), and am now retired from that same Army and have lived since then as a musician. I actually just bought a Yamaha Road Star 1600 and am about to go across America to release this album. I want to send any who are interested to the album's release site, but I don't know if the mods are going to get upset if I include it. Oh well, I'll go ahead, but if the mods want it removed, well, I suppose just remove it or tell me to. It doesn't really matter because when my status is up such that I can make threads, I'll cover this in the music forum. In the meantime, www.TheElectricPriest.com will get you there. I've a couple of songs off of the album (to include the single) that might capture your interest.

Anyway, I'm not going to ramble on in this introduction. It is nice to be back on the site, however, and I hope to be a good contributor once again, and I equally look forward to reading everyone's research and/or speculative theories. Peace...

TEP
edit on 14-4-2024 by ElCura because: X

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Welcome back.

I listened to the SoundCloud bit on your site, sounds good.

When is the release date?
Touring plans? (I know a few good spots in CNY)

The website is solid,

As an audio guy, what was your recording process?

Sorry, lots of questions, but music is my life.

It took me years to get where I am (not a musician), and I love to see artists like you who have the balls to put it out there for the first time with no label support.

I can promise it will be added to my collection when released.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ElCura

Welcome back Trooper

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Welcome back.

I listened to the SoundCloud bit on your site, sounds good.

When is the release date?
Touring plans? (I know a few good spots in CNY)

The website is solid,

As an audio guy, what was your recording process?

Sorry, lots of questions, but music is my life.

It took me years to get where I am (not a musician), and I love to see artists like you who have the balls to put it out there for the first time with no label support.

I can promise it will be added to my collection when released.

Hey! Thanks so much for your reply. I always feel like the Introductions (this is not my first go on ATS, as stated) are often sort of a 'check the block' sort of thing that few people read. Your feedback was a wonderful wakeup this morning, and I certainly appreciate it.

Since you've chosen to engage me, and because I can feel your genuine passion for music, I will go ahead and answer some of the questions you posed above, which is rare for me because I almost never discuss how I record. Ok, all of the music was simply recorded on a Roland VS880 in a home studio that I built. 8 tracks. That's all you're hearing. So this is how I would do it. I would take the acoustic guitar (I was recording with a nice Taylor at the time) and vocals (just through a Shure SM58) to lay down the "initial" song. That is to say, what you would hear if you saw me out live playing solo. For this I would simply use 3 of the 8 tracks by recording my initial vocals into the 58 while having the guitar mic'd with an SM57 and one line plugged directly into the guitar. I would then (typically) pan the two recorded guitar lines to either side (mic'd on one side and plugged on another), and lend some slightly differing effects to each guitar track. Now the song is down and 3 tracks have been used. Time to start layering.

I would next go to track 4 and begin my layering. With but a few exceptions, I was just layering vocals and guitars, so let's say I was going to start with vocals (it would just depend on what I was feeling whether I would start with guitars or vocals). I would then put on headphones and hit record on track 4 while listening to 1-3. I would never write what I was going to lay down. I had a philosophy that I knew me better than anyone, and if I just sang or jammed with me, no matter what, it would come out perfect. So then, when I was done laying down track 4, I would mute that track and then do the same thing for track 5 (I would not be able to hear what I had just done on track 4, I wouldn't even listen to it upon completion). After track 5, mute that as well, and then start again with track 6. Each time would be just like the first, all I would listen to for each track was just the initial 3 tracks where I laid down the song. Then, after all 8 tracks were recorded, I would turn all of the tracks back on (1-8) and listen to what had been laid down. The first time that you listened to one of my songs was the exact same for you as for me, we both listened to the complete work with the same experience.

Lastly, I get very annoyed when people criticize saying, it's very lo-fi. Yes. You're right. It was meant to be. The album is live. What does that mean? Well, when I sat down to record the album (all of my albums) I vowed never to take a second take. Never. So, everything that you hear is one take, the first, and to me, that's how you record a live album by yourself.

Anyway, I'll stop for now. I know you had some more questions, and I'd like to open a dialogue with you, for certain. Again, thanks so much for reaching out. You started my day off right. Peace...

TEP

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Welcome back Trooper

Thank you, my friend.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I remember you, welcome back.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
I remember you, welcome back.

Peace.

Hey! Thank you my friend. I hope all the memories were good. Great to be back!

TEP

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Welcome back.

I too returned from the dead here not too long ago.

BTW - what is TEP?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Welcome back.

I too returned from the dead here not too long ago.

BTW - what is TEP?

The Electric Priest - TEP

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 4/15/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

top topics

join