It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accused of economic warfare in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   
China is being blamed for a massive fraud taking place with our postage stamps , Forgeries are flooding the market and causing chaos and a lot of anger even when they are bought from legitimate sources .

I ordered a vintage cigarette lighter online and received a letter from the Royal mail that I had to pay $ 18.83 or 15 quid excess postage last month for what should have been a £ 3.49 /$ 4.38 delivery normally .

Every stamp that gets flagged as fake is hit with a excess charge of £ 5 / $ 6.28 and many people use small denomination stamps to make up the postage

www.theguardian.com...

Only last week I believe 200.000 fake driving licences were discovered in America in a shipping container which came from China , so this looks like economic terrorism is on and like in WW2 it might not be long until they turn their attention to the money supply

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

They make like all our pharmaceuticals almost, here in USA.

Imagine if they poison those.

They own land near many bases.

Imagine Swarms of DJI drones with c4. Or suitcase nukes even as they are right by the bases.

Thousands of Chinese have been crossing our southern border illegally.

Imagine crippling our bridges, power stations, etc..

We’ve been set up by our own government.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

They also bought the European flying car recently which will probably end up militarized as a flying bomb and America handed over battery storage technology to China which really baffled a lot of people .

Add the Panama canal fiasco to this mix and things are starting to look bleak

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Oh no, someone else does the subversive neocon thing too.

Who'd of thought it could happen to us, oh the shock...

Comes around, goes around...

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

it might not be long until they turn their attention to the money supply

It's literally a skoosh to obtain counterfeit currency these days, and a lot of its rather top-quality forgeries that pass muster in many a poor establishment.

They generally pay for it in the likes of Bitcoin and it's delivered to their door.

I mean statistics would have us believe that less than 1 in 30,000 banknotes in circulation in the UK are forgeries.

Then again i know people who work in the likes of the bookies and amusement arcades that will tell rather a different story.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Covid and the property market has caused chaos within Chinas economy and its been going down the toilet ever since, and I think it wants to make sure that when it hits rock bottom, it's already bought the rest of us down!
It been producing poor goods for years and now it knows to how to manipulate us and our markets.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

They make like all our pharmaceuticals almost, here in USA.

Imagine if they poison those.

Who is "they" that you keep referring to?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I wonder whether this isn't a targeted attack on the Royal Mail.

The service wobbled a bit when it was privatised but it's fallen off a cliff since the start of 2021. At the same time, the prices have gone through the roof. My postage costs - with a long standing contract - have gone up some 10% with this month's uprating.

As with much of our crumbling infrastructure eg water shareholders are filling their boots while everyone else gets screwed.

If I were looking for a weak point on the British body public, Royal Mail would be in the top five.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasicResearchMethods

I wonder whether this isn't a targeted attack on the Royal Mail.

The service wobbled a bit when it was privatised but it's fallen off a cliff since the start of 2021. At the same time, the prices have gone through the roof. My postage costs - with a long standing contract - have gone up some 10% with this month's uprating.

As with much of our crumbling infrastructure eg water shareholders are filling their boots while everyone else gets screwed.

If I were looking for a weak point on the British body public, Royal Mail would be in the top five.

The other couriers in my region ( highland ) have gone up 50% minimum in the last few years ,The royal mail is a life saver but still considers this area as a remote area separate from the UK and a island ?? Even though I stay near 7 + courier depos many will not deliver to my area

Economic warfare 101 ?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
China is being blamed for a massive fraud taking place with our postage stamps , Forgeries are flooding the market and causing chaos and a lot of anger even when they are bought from legitimate sources .

I ordered a vintage cigarette lighter online and received a letter from the Royal mail that I had to pay $ 18.83 or 15 quid excess postage last month for what should have been a £ 3.49 /$ 4.38 delivery normally .

Every stamp that gets flagged as fake is hit with a excess charge of £ 5 / $ 6.28 and many people use small denomination stamps to make up the postage

I can't remember the last time I used a stamp... Stamps.com

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Covid and the property market has caused chaos within Chinas economy and its been going down the toilet ever since, and I think it wants to make sure that when it hits rock bottom, it's already bought the rest of us down!
It been producing poor goods for years and now it knows to how to manipulate us and our markets.

I was speaking to a expat who lived there for a while and the goods made for their internal market are of better quality than those made for export? .

A few things i have purchased online that were manufactured in China were highly dangerous and should have been pulled instantly by a competent quality control department, a three wheeled shopping bike that is bloody dangerous to ride and weedwhacker/strimmer metal cutting blades drilled in the wrong spot are just a few things I have noticed over the years .

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

A lot of people used the stamps in a small book to make up the small extra postage in a item , A item may come with a lot of stamps on it as mine did and when I contacted the sender the claimed they bought the stamps from a legal store ?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

it might not be long until they turn their attention to the money supply

It's literally a skoosh to obtain counterfeit currency these days, and a lot of its rather top-quality forgeries that pass muster in many a poor establishment.

They generally pay for it in the likes of Bitcoin and it's delivered to their door.

I mean statistics would have us believe that less than 1 in 30,000 banknotes in circulation in the UK are forgeries.

Then again i know people who work in the likes of the bookies and amusement arcades that will tell rather a different story.

I was amazed years ago with the old style notes just how easy they could be faked and how easy it was to get them passed the UV detection for forgeries

A bunch of scousers I was working with had a black carrier bag in their car boot filled with dodgy 5 pound notes that had been washed in factor sun cream and dried in a tumble dryer and sailed passed all the UV detection in nightclubs above the bar

We were out every night of the week clubbing spreading the love

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   

its not so much that chinese goods are cheap,
but the level of greed and INCOMPETENCE
of (used to be) great britain.

tons of cheap goods from japan, taiwan, hong kong
middle east and africa didnt destroy the country

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: confuzedcitizen

its not so much that chinese goods are cheap,
but the level of greed and INCOMPETENCE
of (used to be) great britain.

tons of cheap goods from japan, taiwan, hong kong
middle east and africa didnt destroy the country

With the amount of fake stamps that are hitting the streets and the added confusion and stress that it is causing in the supply chain , it is causing strife and anger .

I bought a tiny pin badge the size of my pinky nail and half as thick as my pinky at most , the seller used a book of stamps that he claims was purchased from a legitimate business but all the stamps were flagged as fake and each carried a £5 fine .

Some of those stamps face value was 0.20 pence another was 50 pence and others for 1 or 2 pence .

Now do that 10.000 times every day and you will slow a system down to near stop with extra administration duties and pissed off customers, A lot of people are saying that the new postage stamps with the extra security feature /qr code are being flagged as fake even when bought from government approved places .

The level of corruption in a lot of areas is shocking in this manner ,chemist shops dispensing fake knock off medication and the amount of fake money flooding the streets is high and as much as 10 %

top topics

join