It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Arizona AG Says She Will Not Enforce 1864 Law Banning Most Abortions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The other day The Arizona Supreme Court said an Abortion law in Arizona is upheld.

The Law says all abortions are illegal except for life threatening situations.

The abortionists also break the law.

Big outcry from The Governor and all Democrats.

Now The Attorney General says She won't enforce it !!!!!

Lot's of "focus" on the fact this law is from 1864. What difference should THAT make? The U.S. Constitution is much older. Must be a political red herring argument. 💥

Here we go folks. Governments sworn to uphold laws are announcing they won't be !!

Wild banshee screams can be heard from everywhere !!

Apparently Republicans in The Legislature won't change this law !!! 😃

Democrat Arizona AG Says She Will Not Enforce 1864 Law Banning Most Abortions

Arizona’s Democrat Attorney General says she will not enforce an 1864 law that was upheld by the state Supreme Court on Tuesday banning nearly all abortions.

“The decision made by the Arizona Supreme Court today is unconscionable and an affront to freedom. Make no mistake, by effectively striking down a law passed this century and replacing it with one from 160 years ago, the Court has risked the health and lives of Arizonans,” Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes (pictured above) said in a statement. “The Arizona Court of Appeals decision, which the Supreme Court has struck down [on Tuesday], was well reasoned and aligned with how courts harmonize different legislation.”

What does this statement have to do with the actual legitimacy (or illegitimacy) of the law? 🤣

[The] decision to reimpose a law from a time when Arizona wasn’t a state, the Civil War was raging, and women couldn’t even vote will go down in history as a stain on our state. This is far from the end of the debate on reproductive freedom, and I look forward to the people of Arizona having their say in the matter. And let me be completely clear, as long as I am Attorney General, no woman or doctor will be prosecuted under this draconian law in this state.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All part of the checks and balances of our form of governance. The Executive branch, who is charged with the enforcing the law, can decide to not enforce a law that they feel is not just.

Of course thats not the end of the story. The Arizona Legislature can seek to remove the AG or they can make a new law. The people could bring lawsuits against the AG and so on.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
All part of the checks and balances of our form of governance. The Executive branch, who is charged with the enforcing the law, can decide to not enforce a law that they feel is not just.

Of course thats not the end of the story. The Arizona Legislature can seek to remove the AG or they can make a new law. The people could bring lawsuits against the AG and so on.

Let's hope they don't decide to stop enforcing murder and theft laws! 😬❗️

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So what if they did? It would still be up to the rest of the government or the people to do something about it if they didn't agree.

Look at NYC AGs turning violent offendeds back on the stear day after day. The legislative counsel and the people don't seem to care so its no travesty of law. Its how the system works.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In my opinion, Republicans screwed the pooch on this one. They could have voted to keep the 15-week ban in place. But NOOOooo! They had the majority, and they went for it. Now, they're going to lose their majority in November because of their stubbornness. And, since Abortion will be on the ballot, they'll lose that fight too and it will all be for naught!

edit on 5220242024k07America/Chicago2024-04-11T19:07:52-05:0007pm2024-04-11T19:07:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Murder Inc. !! ☠️💲 Kill for Hire !!

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Reaction of the Day:

Insisting abortion rights should be left to state governments, Donald Trump nonetheless said the rightwing Arizona supreme court went too far when it ruled on Tuesday that a 160-year-old near-total ban could be enforced.

Yeah, they did [go too far],” Trump said on Wednesday to reporters at an airport in Atlanta, Georgia. “That’ll be straightened out, and as you know it’s all about states’ rights.”

I like him seeing the writing on the wall.. it seems a second Trump term will see most states uphold it themselves in the end.

Misstep on Arizona's Supreme Court's part. It was already gonna pass, and the signatures were collected, now it's super going to pass.

It appears Arizona will vote to be "baby killers" (The abortion kind, not the Vietnam kind)
edit on 11-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Oh man this just keeps getting better. At some point some of ya folks here may have to come to terms that we told ya to not go 0-60 on going full retard on the abortion issue.
But by God anyone that isn't a boot licker must be a commie and never to be trusted as they are also pedo baby killers that drink children's blood.....You really can't make this up and yet even though it is just completely outlandish to think that way you guys still do day in and day out.
Arizona will go blue most likely and it is really sad because it didn't have to be this way.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Trump was always states rights.

One of the things I liked about him.

Biden has done as he pleased ignoring states rights and Supreme Court. How he’s not been removed for that is beyond me.

We are truly screwed.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Um, Trump might be States Rights, but Republicans WANT A NATIONAL ABORTION BAN.

And guess what, we know it!

a reply to: pianopraze

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Dude - fear mongering hyperbole much?

C'mon man!

lol!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The law is the law and unless (until) it's changed, it should be upheld.
People aren't supposed to be allowed to pick and choose which laws
they will uphold and which they won't. That's not how it works.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

IDK, I'm super critical of Trump but I believe him on this.

I believe he'd also veto any legislation that steps on what Arizona will vote to do. Or I'm going to tell myself that's going to happen... that way I won't have urges to start aborting people in the 72nd trimester or older.
edit on 12-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It actually is. There's tons of archaic laws on the books that never get charged.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

It's quite amazing how little people seem to understand about the SCOTUS ruling. it didn't ban abortions, or remove any rights, it simply removed the Federal Government from the process, as the COTUS has no mention of it, and shouldn't be involved. It belongs to the states.

So even if "Republicans" want a federal ban, it's not a real thing, because of the SCOTUS ruling. Unless they pull a Biden and ignore the SCOTUS.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: FlyersFan

It actually is. There's tons of archaic laws on the books that never get charged.

Until you need to "get Trump", then you can dust off the law you need and "whamo"!, you got him.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There's nothing in the SCOTUS ruling that would prohibit Congress from passing a national ban. All it did was vacate Roe.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What archaic laws is Trump being charged with?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: budzprime69

Oh man this just keeps getting better. At some point some of ya folks here may have to come to terms that we told ya to not go 0-60 on going full retard on the abortion issue.
But by God anyone that isn't a boot licker must be a commie and never to be trusted as they are also pedo baby killers that drink children's blood.....You really can't make this up and yet even though it is just completely outlandish to think that way you guys still do day in and day out.
Arizona will go blue most likely and it is really sad because it didn't have to be this way.

So giving people more choice and freedom to vote locally is bootlicking? As opposed to federal restrictions on state decisions? 0-60 on abortion? My friend, what about 0-60 on pride? Talk about jumping rails. That's gonna sink any ship holding that weight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join