It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke Leftist dems, hate Your Rights and the Country;

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We have Dominion, not democracy.
So long as that holds the constitution doesn't matter to those willing to ignore it for power.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

America was founded as a Constitutional Republic PAL

Yes, it was. Quite correct.

Democracy had already been established in America before that happened, so there was no need to introduce it specially. The New England Colonies were governed by democratically elected assemblies by the end of the 1630s. Franchise was limited (women, slaves and most Native Americans lacked a vote) but they were democratic all right. And they continued to be democratic after the Revolution of 1776.

If you ever bother to read the Constitution of which you are so proud, you will see that it assumes that members of the legislature are to be chosen ‘by the people’ in democratic (if franchise-limited) elections.

Only wannabe fascists and idiots who think ‘democracy’ means the Democratic Party insist that America is somehow ‘not a democracy’.

edit on 13/4/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

Thank you for asking. I say this the way I do because patience is wearing thin, due to repetitive ignorance.

I have done many things about it, and have been since 2003.

I've posted many threads here on ATS, explaining exactly what.

If you bothered to do own due diligence, and search, before spouting off like some preteen with out discipline, with knee jerk reactionary bull # comments, you'd know better.

Try reading True Patriot Reading List- "Give Me Liberty A Handbook for American Revolutionaries

My advice, every one should be reading this, is an eye opening selection of civics.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

We are a republic.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

This is basic middle school social studies stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Another trigger for leftists, is asking them what the California flag says.

😁

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR
I agree with your sentiment...

But the censorship from the right about Israel isn't any different. Way I see it Republicans are just as inclined to censor any criticism just like the Democrats, and if you don't see this you are a partisan hack.

The democrats have heavily censored people for years. But I've faced more censorship in the last 7 months because of my criticism of Israel than I ever did with Russia-gate and covid combined. Just look at how I'm attacked here by zionist lunatics. That's TDS levels of insanity.

You can sit there clutching your pearls for as long as you like advocating the censorship YOU agree with. But it's only a matter of time before they come to silence your opinions.

The easiest way to find out who your masters are is find out who you can't criticize. When was the last time you were silenced because of your opinions? If you can't remember then you are using your 1st amendment wrong.

I'm just hoping people like yourself eventually wake up to the fact voting isn't going fix this.
We will never stand united so long as we got people like you screaming "vote them out!" Implying one political party is somehow better.

The real masters of this country are unelected bureaucrats who pull the strings from the shadows regardless of who is in the oval office. Until a large enough percentage of the population realize this our government will continue to treat you and I like slaves for a system that's only export is weapons of war and death and destruction.

Oh and if you are so against communism then I assume you will not accept social security when that time comes?

Late stage everything sucks and you currently reside in a collapsing late stage capitalist society with one of the lowest populations on the planet but with more incarcerated people than any country. Tell me again how great we are...

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Just look at how I'm attacked here by zionist lunatics. .

well ... don't say stupid antisemitic crap and you won't constantly be debunked.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And you should know, essentially talking from experience there.

Funny story.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

America was founded as a Constitutional Republic PAL

Yes, it was. Quite correct.

Democracy had already been established in America before that happened, so there was no need to introduce it specially. The New England Colonies were governed by democratically elected assemblies by the end of the 1630s. Franchise was limited (women, slaves and most Native Americans lacked a vote) but they were democratic all right. And they continued to be democratic after the Revolution of 1776.

If you ever bother to read the Constitution of which you are so proud, you will see that it assumes that members of the legislature are to be chosen ‘by the people’ in democratic (if franchise-limited) elections.

Only wannabe fascists and idiots who think ‘democracy’ means the Democratic Party insist that America is somehow ‘not a democracy’.

Was that you I saw in streaming footage of the squatters of Occupy Wallstreet in Zucotti Park with the bullhorn and writing demands to have a direct Direct Democracy and ironically calling for financial transaction fees to be instituted and yelling about the evils of capitalism while ordering free pizza on your smart phone????

Perhaps it is you who needs to read the Founding document of our American Republic. Or at least stop taking the word of Howard Zinn.
www.heritage.org...

Copied Toggle open close Contrary to popular belief, America is not, nor was it meant to be, a pure democracy. America is a republic. Nevertheless, more and more voices today are calling for America to become a direct democracy. A 2017 Pew Research survey found that 67 percent of those Americans polled considered a system in which citizens voted directly on “major national issues” to be a good thing.1 Richard Wike, Kate Simmons, Bruce Stokes, and Janell Fetterolf, “Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy,” Pew Research Center, October 16, 2017, www.pewresearch.org...-publics-want-a-dir ect-say (accessed April 4, 2020). The National Citizens Initiative for Democracy, sponsored by former Senator Mike Gravel (D–AK) and endorsed by the likes of Noam Chomsky and the late Howard Zinn, calls for direct democracy through the creation of an independent “Legislature of the People,” which would allow American citizens to amend the Constitution directly and pass laws of their own choosing, bypassing both state and federal legislatures in the process.

America’s Founders carefully thought through the problems of direct democracy and explicitly rejected this model—and for good reason. They saw that because ancient democracies lacked any social or institutional forces that could check, refine, or moderate the will of the majority, they were prone to great instability, riven by factionalism, and subject to the passions and short-sightedness of the public. Direct democracies were thus vulnerable to tyranny.

edit on 14-4-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's astonishing the level of delusion in the Republican cult - sorry, party - right now. If you're not a member of the cult - wait, what am I saying, of course it's a cult now - then you're a traitor and deserve death.
We are watching the death of a major political party. The Republicans started dying years ago and only now is the rot starting to stink the place out.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg2
It's astonishing the level of delusion in the Republican cult ..

If you think the Democrats are better ... then you aren't paying attention.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Oh come off it. The Democrats acknowledge that Biden's not perfect. On the other hand the Trump family have taken the Republicans over, the party is now a cult devoted to that seditious fat orange idiot.
If you hook Reagan's coffin up to the US power grid, you could power the West Coast for a year or more right now.
The Republican Party is dying. Face facts. What will its platform be this year? Let me guess - exactly the same as in 2020 and 2016.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Oh come off it.

YOU come off it. Wake up. They both suck, for different reasons. The Republican party is dying because they are do-nothing capitulating wimps sucking huge salaries while praying and being buddies with huge corporations. The Democrats, on the other hand, are openly destroying the country, welcoming invasion by tens of millions of poor and uneducated illegals and indoctrinating the country with sick perverse LGBTQ garbage. Both reek. If you can't see that, then you are blind. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

*Rolls eyes*
It annoys me how people swallow the Republican's nonsensical war on woke. They've conflated it into something it's not. In fact I'm yet to find someone who can give me a genuine answer to what 'woke' means that's not pure hateful gibberish.
Here's my definition of it: don't be a prat. Try and be polite. We are not all the same, stamped out by the great cookie cutter of life, as my wife would put it. Acknowledge each other's differences and don't be a prat.
Is that too hard for some people? Sure it is, they want a target to hate. They need that hatred in their lives. I pity them.
The Democrats are not destroying the country by the way. The border is just fine, deportations are up, stop shouting nonsense about it like the Cult of Trump wants you to. The Democrats are just pointing out the US's flaws and asking people to be nice to one another.
But as I said, that's too much for those who need to clutch their hatred to their chests

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

*Rolls eyes*

*Rolls eyes* right back atchya.

The Democrats are not destroying the country by the way. The border is just fine,

I'm surprised that you didn't choke on that word vomit as you typed it.
The border is not 'just fine'. That's absurd.

The Democrats are just pointing out the US's flaws and asking people to be nice to one another.

No they aren't just 'asking people to be nice to one another'. That's not even remotely true. Democrats are intolerant bullies. No different from the fundamentalists on the right that they despise so much. Capitulate to their racist sexist woke ideology or be cancelled. They are not 'nice' people. They just pretend to be and think they are.

But as I said, that's too much for those who need to clutch their hatred to their chests

Dude .. I've seen just as much hate coming from the woke idiots on the left as I have seen coming from the fundamentalists on the right. They are EXACTLY THE SAME .. just the frosting on the outside is a different flavor so it tastes different when it's shoved down your throat by them.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Let's agree to disagree shall we?

(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)
(post by ADVISOR removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Oh and if you are so against communism then I assume you will not accept social security when that time comes?

Social Security is a system that people pay into their entire working life.

I will NEVER get out as much as I put in.

It's MY money.

Trying to use it as an example of communism is not only wrongheaded it's laughable.

edit on 4/14/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join