It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Police Urge Citizens To Avoid Conflict With Armed Robbers By Leaving Keys At Front Door

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Not too sure that will fly in Alberta, just sayin'

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They're trying to trim down the 911 calls. 😧

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oswald Cobblepot could learn a lot from Trudeau. Oswald was only mayor. Trudeau has a whole country to loot.

edit on 9-4-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

"When are Canadian’s going to say enough is enough?"

Never.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In liberal la la land

Criminals have more rights

than victims.

Same in Dem run cities/states

Criminals are let free until they commit murder, even those who commit murder are set free with no bail, in Dem run CA. www.nbcbayarea.com...

That is what Biden voters voted for and it will get worse when he is reelected, I'm convinced he will be "reelected" no matter what, that's just what liberals do, their way or the highway. Compassion for the poor criminals, blame the victims for resisting or not wanting to be robbed, beaten, murdered .

Liberal leftists in charge say "don't want criminals to hurt you, give them whatever they want, do whatever they want". Or you will be put in jail for defending yourself in uber liberal lands, if you hurt the criminal, even if he beats the hell out of you. (I googled this to link, but there were way too many to post, just google it)

edit on 4/9/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: addition

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You get what you tolerate.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: nugget1

I hope they hit up Trudeau first-and often.

i would dare to bet dollars to doughnuts trudeau security at the house rivals any other world leaders and even surpasses quite a few.

This!
These scumbag 'elitist' politicians are hypocricy at another level. They want us disarmed and imprisoned for daring defending ourselves against home intruders, but they themselves have top-notch armed security 24/7 .

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
You are not "human" to these technocrats and their lackeys. Your just something to be managed.

Oh I know this. None of us are. I would in fact dare say they see us as cockroaches, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
The idea is that, rather than risk your life and others by confronting armed burglars (with or without a gun of your own), you leave it to the authorities to apprehend the louts and retrieve your possessions for you. The Canadian Police are very reliable and professional. They are paid to take these risks in place of ordinary Canadians, and are honoured for doing so.

That is the civilized way to do it, not going raging after the intruder yourself, like a hooligan, spraying lead everywhere and quite likely shooting your own dog and your neighbour's children in the process.

I'm sure the US will get there one day. It's just a matter of time.

Right. And the home intruders are armed, while Canadians law-abiding citizens are disarmed and more or less helpless. How can someone with a knife defend against a gun? You can't, you're helpless , so you can't defend your loved ones while the home invaders storm in. Oh and those who dare to defend their loved ones against these home invaders risk jail !
This is progress in your eyes

You do realize that cops would be minutes away while the invaders point a gun at your toddlers ?

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The idea is that, rather than risk your life and others by confronting armed burglars (with or without a gun of your own), you leave it to the authorities to apprehend the louts and retrieve your possessions for you. The Canadian Police are very reliable and professional. They are paid to take these risks in place of ordinary Canadians, and are honoured for doing so.

That is the civilized way to do it, not going raging after the intruder yourself, like a hooligan, spraying lead everywhere and quite likely shooting your own dog and your neighbour's children in the process.

Ummm...when seconds count...the police are mere minutes away...

The police aren't there to prevent crime...their job is to cleanup after you've been robbed...beaten...raped...stabbed...and then shot...

Cops are just armed janitors...there to chalk an outline around your dead self...

Your analogy and entire post is simply...astounding...

Astounding really...

I'm not sure I meant that as a complement...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I was thinking the same actually. They should welcome us with open arms and hand over a their property right?? I wonder when the illegals begin shuffling up there to take advantage and just usurp Canadian citizens' lives.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think surveillance cameras and alarms are probably a better way to deal with intruders.

Technology is always improving and prices dropping. Camera's today are almost undetectable.

I have no desire to confront anyone. Although, I do have a pump action shot gun. Some will recognize the sound.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The devil would have you believe a lie. It seems that the Canadian government is working with criminals and punnishing the honest hard worker.

This is almost Biblical in nature, birds of a feather flock together, the canadian government must have ideology that matches armed robbers so they want people to accept that what they worked hard for honestly to be taken from them.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is kind of an old story now, we talked about it here a couple months ago in a thread but it was just 1 cop who said it at a open door community meeting one night. One of the community residents asked the one cop what they can do to not get into a confrontation if robbers barge into their house and he said "you can always leave ur car keys near the front door so if they barge in they will see the car keys and hopefully just go with no confrontation".

It was dumb to say but one cop saying a quick comment at a community meeting doesn't stand for an entire countries police force.

And the Toronto police walked back the one cops comment a couple days later when it got out in the media. It was never an official statement from the Toronto police.

Kind of like when one cop finds a tiny amount of drugs on you and says "I don't care about a little bit of a personal stash" That comment wouldn't represent all the police in Canada or the US 😂
edit on 9-4-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
This is outrageous!!!

Does anyone want to take a road trip with a couple of U-Hauls with me to Canada this summer?

Stop in Alberta especially in the rural areas and smaller cities and towns see how well it works out 😂

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I think surveillance cameras and alarms are probably a better way to deal with intruders.

Technology is always improving and prices dropping. Camera's today are almost undetectable.

I have no desire to confront anyone. Although, I do have a pump action shot gun. Some will recognize the sound.

Undetectabke cameras don't stop a crime they just record a crime.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

originally posted by: Annee

Undetectabke cameras don't stop a crime they just record a crime.

No kidding.

In conjunction with alarms.

Point: if all homes in a neighborhood had cameras and alarms — it might be a deterrent.

edit on pm44America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yes, that's right. Safer for the homeowner that way. Even in the case of an intruding rapist. Rather a raped human being than a dead one – whether victim or rapist.

Non-violence is not a thing Americans are able to comprehend. The culture is blind to the essent pardox: people living in a closely integrated modern society but idolizing psychopathic individualism and gun violence.

Almost 250 years old! Time to grow up, America. Before you kill yourself playing with those lethal toys of yours.

But this, too, shall pass.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

Stop in Alberta especially in the rural areas and smaller cities and towns see how well it works out 😂

We will just stick to the bigger cities thank you. Canada is much like America as in everyone outside of the big cities is just shaking their heads and saying WTF are you all doing, just like us.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yes, that's right. Safer for the homeowner that way. Even in the case of an intruding rapist. Rather a raped human being than a dead one – whether victim or rapist.

Non-violence is not a thing Americans are able to comprehend. The culture is blind to the essent pardox: people living in a closely integrated modern society but idolizing psychopathic individualism and gun violence.

Almost 250 years old! Time to grow up, America. Before you kill yourself playing with those lethal toys of yours.

But this, too, shall pass.

So, what you are saying is we need to treat people like children. You took this to guns in America and the OP is about you just laying down and letting the robbers and rapists do what they want to you and your house. You want America to grow up, but I'm wondering when people like you will grow up and realize the world isn't as safe as you think it might be living in your little bubble of it. I'm not sure what your essent pardox means, (do you mean ESSENCE, PLENITUDE, and PARADOX?) but to remove these crazy and violent people from society by either killing them outright or locking them away from everyone else is not some form of idolizing them. We can test these waters, just have someone break into my house and see how F around and find out really works.

BTW my wife is a good shot as are my kids. I keep a Glock on top of my frig and one in my bedroom, so if someone(s) kicked in my front door it might get messy for them. Think of a gun as a fire extinguisher in you hope you never need to use it, but when you do need it, you are glad to have it. You are not against fire extinguishers too I hope.
edit on x30Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:31:16 -05002024100America/ChicagoWed, 10 Apr 2024 07:31:16 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join