It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden admin weighs labels for products made by Israeli settlers in West Bank

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Remember that night when a bunch of racist German fascists smashed all the windows of Jewish businesses?

'Pepperidge Farms' remembers.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Yeah, not like anyone ever went down this road before. The sickness is growing.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah, not like anyone ever went down this road before. The sickness is growing.

Cheers

Yet, it's democrats and the MSM saying that Trump is "literally Hitler".

Goebbels would be proud.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: xuenchen

Biden Administrators claiming to start "LABELING" Jewish made products from specific targeted areas in Israel !!

Anything that aids consumer choice is a good thing especially when it highlights goods made by "Israeli settlers" produced on stolen land , can't see why that would be a problem for anyone who supports giving information to shoppers so they can make informed choices.

It doesn't include all Israeli goods just those illegally made by theives.

Ohhhh. THAT's the problem. Why aren't these things in International Courts???? 😀

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Biden Administrators claiming to start "LABELING" Jewish made products from specific targeted areas in Israel !!

Anything that aids consumer choice is a good thing especially when it highlights goods made by "Israeli settlers" produced on stolen land , can't see why that would be a problem for anyone who supports giving information to shoppers so they can make informed choices.

Ohhhh. THAT's the problem. Why aren't these things in International Courts???? 😀

They have been several times, they''re illegal. They were illegal under Israeli law until a highly controversial ruling earlier this year.

ICC doc

UN - Israeli settlements have no legal validity and constitute flagrant breaches of international law

edit on 9-4-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Chinese and East Asian child and slave labor products = GOOD

Israeli settler products = eeerrrrmmmmaagggeeerrd ban it all, mass sanctions reeeeeeeee

One of these things is not like the other.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Israeli settler products = eeerrrrmmmmaagggeeerrd ban it all, mass sanctions reeeeeeeee

It's all about perspective.
If you support putting money(very little %) in the pockets of extremely poor families then buying from companies known to encourage youthful people's to work then go for it and buy from them. I support needy families!
If you support products made by those that occupy land not fully recognized by all nations....go for it. No skin off my back. I'm a Jew but I don't support indiscriminate killing, but I also understand the need to rid the world of Hamas. And sometimes you have to break a few eggs. It is what it is and no amount of me buying or not buying is going to change that.
My 2 cents

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Why?

Because West Bank isn't real Israeli territory or something?

I guess everything made in Bethlehem now gets a Nazi designation now.

But it will be good to know for those with this view that their food can be both Non-GMO and Non-Zionist Occupational Government War Machine!

I hate politicians when they do the "election in November" thing. But he needs the "Death to America" Deerborn vote.

He's more worried about losing the further left, or the young vote, than gaining from the moderate right. Nice strategy?

Do the people really demand a boycott of Israel (over a conflict they ascribe to the Muslim propaganda on) to such an extent we need to appease them as part of the American Electorate?

It's too bad I detest Trump for lying to everyone as a cornerstone of strategy, because he is the president that might say what I would say.

"Special star for Jewish things? You know you what, I got a better offer, I will buy a one-way plane ticket to go directly lend your support to Hamas 'freedom-fighting' cause. All expenses paid. Put up or shut up."
edit on 9-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ohhhh. THAT's the problem. Why aren't these things in International Courts????

Illegal settlements have been subject to many International Court actions but because Israel feels it's above the law court judgements are often ignored , direct consumer action is a more effective.

edit on 9-4-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

They have been several times, they''re illegal. They were illegal under Israeli law until a highly controversial ruling earlier this year.

ICC doc

UN - Israeli settlements have no legal validity and constitute flagrant breaches of international law

And yet the U.S. keeps sending Billions to Ukraine. Go figure eh 😧

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

ICC doc

When's the penalty phase? 😯

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

NTM...Uyghur slaves in China are Muslim.
Apparently, nobody has a problem with that.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

NTM...Uyghur slaves in China are Muslim.
Apparently, nobody has a problem with that.

Some would just say they are ‘needy families’ and support it.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What has Trump said about Israel recently? And Netanyahu specifically?

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What has Trump said about Israel recently? And Netanyahu specifically?

Don't know.
Go see what you can find.

While Biden is in the midst of brilliantly self-destructing over this, perhaps Trump thought it best to step out of the way and let Biden keep doing it.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

To be fair, I take both with a grain of salt as their policy is likely to wildly differ.

My point is two parts.

-both are trying to pander to have their cake and eat it too
-Israel is conducting themselves in such a way that is forcing the US leaders to at least back peddle verbally.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

-Israel is conducting themselves in such a way that is forcing the US leaders to at least back peddle verbally.

The Biden administration is absolutely backpedaling...but is doing so exclusively to pander to voters in the US screaming "Death to America and Death to Israel".

For it's part, Israel never promised there would not be unintended casualties in the 'fog of war' created/started 100% by HAMAS' sneak terrorist attack.

Israel has consistently been clear.
Their goal is to TOTALLY eliminate HAMAS as a terrorist threat to it's citizens.

It's WAR.
It's a WAR started by HAMAS.
It's a WAR Israel needs to COMPLETELY finish to avoid many future repeats of the sickening October 7th. massacre by HAMAS.
edit on 10-4-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Trump criticized Netanyahu on October 12th, only days after the attack.

More recently he’s stated that they’re losing their war of public relations, and that the war needs to end soon.

So if anything is slightly critical, even though the broader policy is certainly in favor of Israel, do we just relay that as supporting people who scream death to America?

It’s no different than when the left tries to use Neo Nazis who have MAGA gear and then say “Trump panders to his neo Nazi base”.

It’s a gross oversimplication using a mere handful of people in the scheme of millions.

But again, both have said things that can be perceived of slightly crucial.

On moved the embassy to Jerusalem, and the other stationed multiple aircraft carriers and an advanced sub to the region to shield from any other actors entering.

So truly, you tell me what president is against Israel.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Trump criticized Netanyahu on October 12th, only days after the attack.

More recently he’s stated that they’re losing their war of public relations, and that the war needs to end soon.

Don't know what Trump said about Netanyahu on October 12th...but he's right that the tide of public relations is turning against Israel.

The Biden administration is only encouraging this PR turn by placating the "Death to America" "Death to Israel" crowd...because he needs their votes in a couple of states this November.

Israel has a choice...lose the PR war...or lose the ground war to keep it's people safe from endless, nonstop future October 7th. massacres.

HAMAS has been clear that it's ONLY goal is genocide of Israeli citizens and continued terrorist attacks on innocents if it manages to survive this war intact.

Maybe HAMAS should unconditionally release the remaining 150 men, women, children and infants it has taken hostage (the ones it has been mistreating, gang-raping and murdering since the war began)...if it's really looking for a cease fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join