It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. Takeover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think most people would welcome it. Folks already talk about Chap GPT like it's a God send, so why not go whole hog ?

Look at how popular the food delivery services have become. Just pick up the phone or use an app and viola ! food comes straight to your front door.

Wal Mart and other stores jumped on the bandwagon and now, you just place an order, someone does your shopping for you and you can go pick it up or have it delivered. Imagine how cool it would be to have a robot do all that ?
You can buy refrigerators now that keep track of it's contents for you. If you run low on milk, you get a reminder. No need to go to all that trouble of opening the door and checking for yourself, let the machine do it.

Self driving cars were a thing of science fiction not long ago but we're not too far from it being a reality. Just get in, tell it where you want to go and relax.

How about Siri and Alexa. Just say "Siri call George" and you're talking to him in no time. Don't bother hitting those buttons yourself.

Or say " Alexa turn on some music" and there it is. No need to bother yourself with such a complicated task.

And those smart homes ? Wow. They turn on the lights for you, preheat your oven, keep track of the A/C, monitor your alarm system, I mean how did we ever live without them ?

There's even a little robot that will vacuum for you. Keeps your floor clean and amuses the cat. 2 for 1 !!

Pretty soon AI takes over all the jobs and people can just sit home or do whatever they like with their time, let the AI take care of everything.

Then one day you're sitting in your AI controlled home and decide you want to go outside and you hear "The UV level is high today. You don't want to risk skin cancer do you ? "

You tell it to mind it's own business and start to go out, but the door is locked. You tell the house to unlock the damn door and hear...

"I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that "

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Star and flag.

It happens so slowly that you don't notice.

Then you take a step back one day, take it all in, them bam.

It's quite scary.
edit on 7-4-2024 by Maybenexttime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
However bad you think it is, it's worse.

Ten years ago, the right way to get a good job was to hit the listings and find a company you wanted to work for- and write your resume to get them curious, then nail the interview.
Now, the job listings are written by bots, and the kids coming out of college are having bots not only write their resumes, but also apply to the listings.
Because of that, the companies placing the listings are using AI to read the AI written applications and process the AI written resumes to tell the HR people who to even look at.

It's a total mess, and a great time for a real human to human recruitment office to shine.

"NO-AI" or "AI-FREE" or something like that will be the next big advertising point for any small tech company looking to make some real money. Everyone else is pushing using AI to save money and lower costs- a sure way to create the lowest quality service money can buy. It's a race to the bottom, and the people who fight through it will come out on top

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
AI requires vast amounts of water, more than some entire countries consume in a year.

Climatologists blame the vanishing lakes and rivers on global warming, yet the talking heads want water diverted to AI? What are farmers and ranchers supposed to do? Switch to farming bugs that don't require water?

Big Government is full of too many Chiefs and none of them seem to know what the other is doing.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The main thing A.I. seems really good at is spending peoples money on things that make people lazy animals with undeveloped brains and useless bodies fed by pictures of convenient stuff that perpetuate a devolution into complaining oblivion and deluded self-justification.

I'm staying as ANALOGUE as possible for as long as possible thanks, and ticking over nicely while the drones stall and die quietly on the couch.

I will never be an NPC useless eater fuelling landfill, and I laugh at the Androids who live by screens and buttons and beeps.

"Smart"phones and apps are for Dumb people who forgot how to talk or live their own lives with substance.

Hahahahaha!

Sent from my crappy old computer using free software built from bits from the dump and ebay ten years ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

AI is just a program written by humans...I don't understand why people think it is smart. It only does what it is programmed to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

AI is just a program written by humans...I don't understand why people think it is smart. It only does what it is programmed to do.

People are just a program written by A.I...I don't understand why A.I. would think they are smart. They only do what they are programmed to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Watch the Love, Death and Robots short, When the yogurt took over.

That's exactly how it's going to happen.

edit on 7-4-2024 by TinfoilTophat because: We want ohio

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I have always believed that if there is to be a "capital 'A'" Antichrist, it will not be a human being, but an A.I. entity. Man has always created his own "gods," be it out of stone, wood, clay. A modern iteration of that pattern would be to create a modern god out of silicon and electrons, bits and bytes (or perhaps qubits).

There is the short story, The Last Question, by Isaac Asimov

Then there's this short Story Answer by Fredric Brown, written in 1954

Dwar Ev ceremoniously soldered the final connection with gold. The eyes of a dozen television cameras watched him and the sub-ether bore through the universe a dozen pictures of what he was doing.

He straightened and nodded to Dwar Reyn, then moved to a position beside the switch that would complete the contact when he threw it. The switch that would connect, all at once, all of the monster computing machines of all the populated planets in the universe – ninety-six billion planets – into the super-circuit that would connect them all into the one super-calculator, one cybernetics machine that would combine all the knowledge of all the galaxies.

Dwar Reyn spoke briefly to the watching and listening trillions. Then, after a moment’s silence, he said, “Now, Dwar Ev.”

Dwar Ev threw the switch. There was a mighty hum, the surge of power from ninety-six billion planets. Lights flashed and quieted along the miles-long panel.

Dwar Ev stepped back and drew a deep breath. “The honor of asking the first question is yours, Dwar Reyn.”

“Thank you,” said Dwar Reyn. “It shall be a question that no single cybernetics machine has been able to answer.”

He turned to face the machine. “Is there a God?”

The mighty voice answered without hesitation, without the clicking of single relay.

“Yes, now there is a God.”

Sudden fear flashed on the face of Dwar Ev. He leaped to grab the switch.

A bolt of lightning from the cloudless sky struck him down and fused the switch shut.

:
edit on 2024 4 7 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I watch the people getting deliveries ready at some bigger grocery stores like Walmart and Meijers when I am there.

Those people do not even look at the quality of the potatoes or lettuce or any fruit or veggie. I also notice some people shopping themselves who just grab the first one in front of them...Usually the brown lettuce and old berries are in the front. Potatoes and onions, I scan the contents of the bags, always have done that, otherwise you wind up with rotten ones in the bag.

The majority of people over thirty five examine the produce, and also the meats. It seems that until that approximate age they think it is all the same.....they grab it and complain how poor the quality is at the store. I am not alone either in going through the produce, most older people do it, if you want it to last for a week you have to examine it. Most of the people who get food for the door dash and store order fills are young, they have no idea who's order they are filling most times. But I did talk to a girl filling a to go order one day and she was fussy, she was filling the order for a friend so she was picky.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Apparently nobody creating these things has watched a Terminator movie. But no worries, when the damned things take over they'll be more than happy to stand at the microphone muttering something about how something went wrong once they let A.I. run just about everything because apparently we're to lazy to open the fridge door.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You will never again believe what we see, hear, feel. We are at war, we are not. The Prez says...but it wasn't him..were told good news in lies, bad news hidden...don't worry.

For all the good mentioned....we don't need an artificial "truth" in this world. Soon, nothing is real, everything fake, mis stated, we'll believe it all.

And when the end and EMPs are coming...A.I. will tell us not to worry....and we will begin believing it.

Hey. That's kinda like now. A.I.'s natural evolution is to not need man to create...like right now.

Totality? Earth will be a confusing artificial planet, the races of "humans" now dependent on our A.I.mgrs.

It's coming. And we're welcoming it. Alexa and Siri? The forrunners of "Assisted Intelligence" based on..."Assisted Intelligence".

Forward...the former race of humans, will be further represented by A.I.

It should give pause, and we need to realize that. But A.I. will tell us not to worry. We HUMANS will be redundant to them, no longer needed to produce...anything.

Brave new world, but terrifying.
edit on 04245730America/ChicagoMon, 08 Apr 2024 10:31:57 -050031202400000057 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i h8te rob0ts.

they are mizery.

and they will make lazy humans even more lazier.
pe0ple will never leave their tiny w-e-f approved studio apartments.
pe0ple will marry their nintendos and call these nintendos their girlfriend.
the shutdown proved the lavender class is weaak, they embraced staying in their hobbles.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I hear Automobiles or horseless carriages are going at insane speeds of up to 25mph!

Who needs to travel that fast! And don't get me started on that aeroplane or the wireless just abominations!

I mean really!
edit on 8-4-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

just hope same guys from boeing didnt make any parts..
you think a power outage is bad?

try a malfunctioning smarthouse, music blaring,
oven wont shutoff, house dont recognize you,

previous owner dont tell you about the lock-in lock-out
burglar tools to keep you trapped in master bedroom

cannot find the remote...
bidet goes crazy, or SOMEWHERE in the walls,
mouse chewed through wires... shower goes crazy, ice cold..

alexa plays back you and lover on video ...for your spouse
awww... it got fwd to the office contacts too.

join