It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard University to Offer Segregated Graduation Celebrations Based on Race/Class/Sexuality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
More woke madness. Self segregating.
Special separate ceremonies/celebrations for everyone
... except straight white people of course.
Asinine. Divisive.
Martin Luther King JR. would be rejected if he were preaching today.
His message has totally been lost.
Pfffft

National Review - Harvard University to Offer Segregated Graduation Ceremonies Based on Race/Class/Sexuality

Harvard University's Office for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging will once again host "affinity celebrations" at its 2024 commencement, according to documents obtained by National Review.

Harvard plans to hold a "Disability Celebration," a "Global Indigenous Celebration," an "Asian American, Pacific Islander, Desi-American (APIDA) Celebration," a "First Generation-Low Income Celebration," a "Jewish Celebration," a "Latinx Celebration," a "Lavender Celebration" — which refers to LGBT students — a "Black Celebration," a "Veterans Celebration," and an "Arab Celebration." The university will also hold a central commencement ceremony for students of all backgrounds.

Campusreform.org - Harvard DEI Office PLans Segregated Graduation Ceremonies

Harvard University will host “affinity celebrations” for graduating students broken down by race, religion, and other identity groups.

The “affinity celebrations” will be hosted in May by the Harvard Office for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, according to the National Review.

The celebrations include a “Black Celebration,” “Lavender Celebration, “Veterans Celebration,” “Asian American, Pacific Islander, Desi-American (APIDA) Celebration,” a “First Generation-Low Income Celebration,” a “Jewish Celebration,” and a “Latinx Celebration.”

And Harvard isn't alone ...

NY Times - Colleges Celebrate Diversity with Separate Commencements

Newsweek - Colleges Segregating Graduation Ceremonies by Race

Grand Valley State University (GVSU) has come under fire from conservatives after hosting separate "graduation celebrations" for Black, Asian, Latino, Native American and LGBTQ students, in addition to the main graduation ceremony.

The Michigan-based college said the annual "cultural graduations" are intended to recognize "accomplishments in the spirit and traditions of our diverse identities and cultures."

Separate graduation events for different communities have sprung up at a number of American universities over the past few years. Supporters argue they showcase pride in an institution's diversity, whilst critics claim they are regressive and unnecessarily divide students.

edit on 4/7/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Separate...but equal. Seems like I've heard that somewhere before. Now they are begging for it. SMH.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Segregation is racist, and sexist.

A civil war was fought to end segregation.

Segregation is not the answer, it's the problem.

Don't like what I'm saying, tough. It's the truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Segregation is racist, and sexist.

... and yet the wokesters are pushing it as 'progressive DEI'.
They don't get that it's going BACKWARDS .. not forwards.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

College has been the biggest waste of time in my life.

I have absolutely no intention of going to my graduation in the fall. They can mail me the degree.

Since I saw what a joke it is in my first semester I've been putting in almost zero effort and have still made the deans list every semester.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Since they brought slavery to the US and created the KKK, Democrats have always been segregationists.
Joe Biden (and his mentor, the KKK exalted Grand Cyclops, Robert Byrd) has always been segregation's champion.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The celebrations include a “Black Celebration,” “Lavender Celebration, “Veterans Celebration,” “Asian American, Pacific Islander, Desi-American (APIDA) Celebration,” a “First Generation-Low Income Celebration,” a “Jewish Celebration,” and a “Latinx Celebration.”

No "Two-Spirit Penguin" celebration? Pierce Morgan is going to be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And the march towards Apartheid continues.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Strange how Progressive Marxists keep screaming for equality and at the same time keep placing people and groups into new separate columns and categories. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Our social paradigm is on pace to exactly model that dystopian film called GATTACA all about DNA code

hmmmmm in contradictary code

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Here's what those opposed could do.

You find the whitest kids possible and have them identify as black.

You take the Latino have them identify as Asian.

You take the legacy kid and send them to the low income one.

I mean they could organize this. Don't just bitch, if you think Harvard is being ridiculous going more towards DEI (with graduation celebrations) in the face if criticism, exploit it where you can, if you don't like the attempted message.

Don't yell at the news and call them woke leftist or whatever.

Organize a group of subversive characters to:

1. Subvert the "safe space"
2. Show it is BS with every ______ person kicked out or treated poorly at the ______ celebration.

Use the letter of DEI absurdity against itself. Make it clear all participants must genuinely identify as their assigned character, stay positive, and remain nonconfrontational.

And then when the stunt is called out you could bring on your diverse cast of characters to counter as one. "It's fake diversity."
edit on 7-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
While I'm not a fan of all the race politics the left engages in, sometimes you need to take a step back before becoming a cheerleader for your team.

It looks like they are not having separate graduation ceremonies, but different celebrations (parties 🎉) afterwards.

I could imagine a Christian after party and wouldn't have a problem with them getting together after the ceremony.

What's wrong with veterans getting together?

Besides if all the freaks and weirdos go to the Tranny celebration then you don't have to be around them. LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Isn't that racist?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Isn't that racist?

Maybe unconstitutional too 💥

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seems they are trying to go back 60 years, and I say let them!

That is right LET THEM! This coming generation is by far and wide the most ignorant one not just in the U.S.A. but in the entire world! They do not believe anything they read or are told by elders or people that experienced it! They believe ridiculous hoodoo and snake oil sold on the TikToks.They only believe their narcissist selves! They celebrate stupid dogma and ignorance is applauded and given ALL THE LIKES!

LET THEM! They are going to do it anyway, Personally I don't think they are capable of learning as they can't even comprehend critical thinking!

Carl Sagan said it best and he was COMPLETELY RIGHT! Sadly!

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance”

More than 20 YEARS has passed since he said this and just look where we are!!!
edit on 7-4-2024 by Therealbeverage because: grammar

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A student rooming at Harvard pays $80,000 a year.
Or I should say, his/her parents pay that much.
And look what they get taught.
This self segregating woke crap is made to look 'progressive' to them.
Pretty damn sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Typical leftist mentality… going ass backwards in the name of progress. They’re to ignorant to listen, so they’ll learn (maybe) the hard way. The decriminalization of drugs in Portland comes to mind, now they’re reversing after their brilliant decision was a complete and utter failure even though they were told by many it was bad idea. 🤷‍♂️

All the dei bs is taking us to a bad place but heaven forbid they listen to the people telling them so.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
A student rooming at Harvard pays $80,000 a year.
Or I should say, his/her parents pay that much.

The "First Generation Low-income Celebration" is the one that stood out to me. What is that?

Is it for spoiled rich kids who came from wealthy families, but have blown the family fortune, are not smart enough to make more, and will now be the first generation of their lineage to be low income?

LOL. Party on dudes 🤣

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think unless you do a technical or professional degree such as law, dentistry or engineering, then it is highly likely that you will have wasted your time and money for almost no benefit whatsoever. Better for many kids to do apprenticeships where they earn on the job & become qualified tradesmen after four or five years. More money in it than for most other graduate entry careers in offices.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

There are a lot of useless degrees out there.

Doctors, Engineers, that type of thing needs a degree.

Gender studies, that type of thing does not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join