It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Closes Gifted Talented Schools - Cites Racial Inequities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boogerpicker

Advanced learning or gifted schools are points of competition with parents , because a child with a K-12 schooling from an advanced learning center is way further ahead in getting into elite colleges.
So wealthy parents send their kids to private prep schools at night or weekends to teach a child how to prepare for the screenings of the gifted school’s entrance requirements.
As well wealthy parents pay for private screenings which are bias because of the money they get in qualifying kids as “ gifted “
It’s a pay to play & black parents don’t have the money on average to dance their kids through all the fluffing.
I find your thoughts to be bigoted at the minimum & racist in nature.
If black or Mexican kids had wealthy parents , then they too could be qualified as “ special

edit on 3-4-2024 by BduardErnstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BduardErnstein

Why don't big city school systems do that like the prep schools do? They got the money. Maybe it's the teaching "talent" lacking. 😀

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: BduardErnstein

Why don't big city school systems do that like the prep schools do? They got the money. Maybe it's the teaching "talent" lacking. 😀
Could be or just lazy American kids ?

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sounds Like Transracial Surgery could Fix that instead....

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
At the schools I attended Gifted and Talented were predominately Caucasion, but there were Gifted and Talented students in other classrooms more suited to their particular cultural dynamics.

Last time I did a check up on those black and hispanic students, they were living nice comfortable middle class to upper middle class lifestyles in all manner of professional capacities, from blue collar engineers and supervisory roles in a hands on caacity alongside their crews to white collar and teaching roles that aren't "woke" but well balanced with empahsis on Family and Community.

Seattle is doing it wrong.

I attended all said classes once I was introduced into the Vanguard Program in an inner city School district.

Lanier Middle School, Home of the Purple Puppies.

I wish I could check in on all my old classmates, but I moved frequently and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Same applies to my Senior Class, Odessa, Texas Class of '92.

Last I heard the reunion was rather small on the RSVP list, but my friends are alive and well and doing SPECTACULAR.

Most of them were Caucasion and Hispanic, and the guys on the Football Team were terrfied of me and respected my Stepdad as a coach too much to try and interfere with his daughter, but knowing those guys as I did, I'm POSITIVE they're happy, healthy and living their best lives.

Even the dropouts ended up finding their paths, place and purpose.

This article still steams me off a bit and I'm having trouble letting it go.

I miss the Northwest but I wasn't "progressing with my musical projects fast enough" to keep up with the scholarship.

Oh well, I gave it up anyway, sold my guitars like I was surrendering my guns, and am slowly adjusting to MAGA territory.

It's intense sometimes, but when the news gets turned off, it's a pretty peaceful place.

Nothing much too look at, but it's humble and it's home.

I think the 5G infrastructure was affecting me adversely anyway.

So it goes.

I'll always hold Seattle in my heart, and I hope the situation improves somewhat.

The classes are REALLY accelerated up there though, so they've got that going for them to keep things in line.

edit on 4/4/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar
a reply to: FlyersFan

The end result of course will be that many parents of gifted kids will simply leave the area or find a way to enroll their kids in private schools, or home school. And all the while the elites in charge "wonder" how come it is that support for public education is plummeting.

It really makes one wonder if the educrats in charge are intentionally trying to rid the schools of whites and Asians. They are surely succeeding.

That's what my parents did.

But when we moved, it turned out the gifted, accelerated program wasn't really all it was cracked up to be so my parents pulled me out of it and mainstreamed me.

A year later they asked my parents if I could skip a grade. Since we were still relatively new there and none of us had made lifelong friends at school, my parents agreed.

A year later they wanted to skip me another grade. My parents said no - thankfully.

I don't think I'm that brilliant. I just always test very highly especially on the standardized national tests. If they would have asked me, I would have told them my "secret".

I'm a voracious reader. My mother used to say I'd read toilet paper if it had writing on it.

Almost everything I know worth a damn I didn't learn in school. I learned it through reading.

If cities really wanted to raise the test scores and general well being of students, they would heavily invest in and promote public libraries.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Seattle had a 'gifted program' with special schools that operated at a gifted level. The city had to close them down because there were not enough Hispanic and black students who qualified to get in the program.

"Not enough" black and Hispanic kids qualify ... so shut it down and do a major disservice to the kids who DO qualify. All based on skin color.

The intention may be to islamize the intelligent students in order to assist the others.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   
They don't care who actually qualifies just what color they are

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Can it be they want to industrialize some people in order to distribute help?

Can it be white people have been doing it to one another for a long time, leading others to say "why can't we have prestigious jobs too?"

It would be consistent if the people promoting the OP's change in policy were also against School Resource Officers.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

You might be on to something here.

I'm pretty sure genius comes in all classes, creed and colors.

Some from the most unlikely of places.

They could get an education to take back to their Homelands and improve them so caravans don't feel the need to flee.

edit on 4/5/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All by design. Marxists/communists in the US want a dumbed down population, burger flippers and obedient slaves to the government incapable of thinking except being indoctrinated about class oppression.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghandalf
All by design. Marxists/communists in the US want a dumbed down population, burger flippers and obedient slaves to the government incapable of thinking except being indoctrinated about class oppression.
You've got it backward.

They don't want to wipe the smart schools out.

They want to mix in underqualified students in the hope that a lack of healthy spirituality in the smart students will let the underqualified students cheat on their exams.

The underqualified students will also crib how to sound and act like a genius.

Then they will say, "there, you see? You were oppressing us and robbing us of opportunity."

They will turn around and use the underqualified students' apparent success to pass other laws and policies which facilitate islamization, which is the sharing of intelligence through submission to rapport.

They may even go to mosque in order to try to create a spirit of submission among themselves, then they charm or offend or otherwise cause a rapport with a smart student. Then they try to recall that spirit and give it to the smart student.

They will practice ways to make submission to rapport look easy and synergistic the first few times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join