It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.5 hits Taiwan waves expected.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just in followed by some big aftershocks.
It seems that some large waves have been generated at least a meter in some places. Taipai got a warning on the alert system and seems to be business as usual.
Here are some shots from around the worst hit areas, they sure build them strong there.

edit on pm420244America/Chicago430293024 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on pm420244America/Chicago430333024 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's a nasty one! I hope there isn't much loss of life.

Can you imagine the damage from a 7.9 on the west coast? I don't think it would fair half as well as the buildings in Taiwan.

There were quite a few Youtuber's predicting some major quakes around the globe after the suns' big CME a few days ago.

I wonder how long it will take for people to blog about the CCP military causing this quake?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yowch.

Some of those older generational buildings are gonna have a rough time.

Glad to see the new stuff is holding up better.

Hopefully there was a minimal loss of life.

Prayers for all affected adversely.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am here in Taiwan.. 20 years and never felt an earthquake like this. My car was in Tijuana (wheels jumping of the pavement)when we going outside. a reply to: annonentity

edit on CDT2024prd30000000p0403 by TopStupid because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT2024prd30000000p0603 by TopStupid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TopStupid
I am here in Taiwan.. 20 years and never felt an earthquake like this. My car was in Tijuana (wheels jumping of the pavement)when we going outside. a reply to: annonentity

Keep safe over there 👍
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I’m on Okinawa and we barely got a one meter wave. They were calling for a three meter wave.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

When that hits California surf is gonna be UP!

edit on 4/3/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There is a planetary alignment of Venus, Neptune, Saturn, and Mars today/tomorrow. That having an influence on earth quake activity is currently considered pseudo science...

A big quake might also prove convenient for China to swoop in with humanitarian aid and reconstruction crews.

ETA:

Foreshocks are earthquakes that precede larger earthquakes in the same location. An earthquake cannot be identified as a foreshock until after a larger earthquake in the same area occurs.
link
edit on 3-4-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Good to see a positive spin on this, when I first heard the news I was a bit worried.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Don't forget Mercury has just gone retrograde and Pluto is doing his 23 year thing...... so I'm told.
So glad to see 2 members here reporting in that they are safe.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Japan's big one in 2011 (Tsunami/Fukushima) was preceded by a 7.3 magnitude foreshock 50 hours earlier.

a reply to: angelchemuel

There's also these on April 6th which I have no idea if they might have any additional influence:

Conjunction of Moon and Mars
Close approach of Moon and Mars
Conjunction of Moon and Saturn
Close approach of Moon and Saturn

sauce

edit on 3-4-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I'm afriad I know very little about Astrology, although I have friends who are much vetter versed than I.

Fascinating study. I haven't the memory for it though.

I'm Sagittarius, although according to some I would fall under Ophicuius.

My nest friend from High School's father was a Jungian Astrologist and he used to freak out over my chart for some reason.

All I know is I have a Leo Moon and the True Love of my Life and Blessed Husband is a Leo himself, th only one I ever dated who wasn't a complete dick.

I hope I spelled that last one right.

But thank you for the insight, I confess I have no idea what your're taling about other than the Universe it operating according to the Creators designs, and that's enough for me.

I am hoping the skies are clear and I can catch the skies for the alignment if it's visible in my region.

Lots of high trees where I am, so it's iffy.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
7 dead and more than 700 injured so far.
Praying death total doesn't go to double figures.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Nobody is even going to mention the fact that China is thought to have tectonic weapons? Interesting that a massive earthquake hits right as China is ramping up its preparations for invasion.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingledingle

Unsubstiated rumor and falsified information.

Please cite your sources for this claim

If you really think THEY are supplying humans with this type of technology, please show your evidence.

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I lived in Japan for three years.
1983-1986.
We had lots of earthquakes.
Some big ones !!
I would imagine Taiwan is much the same.
Unnerving for those who have to live with it.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I know very little about Astrology

Me neither. I was thinking more along the lines of torsion fields, hyperdimensional physics, electric universe theory...

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingledingle
Nobody is even going to mention the fact that China is thought to have tectonic weapons? Interesting that a massive earthquake hits right as China is ramping up its preparations for invasion.
Tectonic weapons ???
I think I read the same comic .

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They said on the news this morning, that they had been expecting some quakes in Tawain, but that they were all supposed to be smaller.

I'm curious as to why they were expecting them. Just because they had been having some small ones, or something else?

After watching some videos, it is amazing how many buildings are leaning, but still mostly in one piece. That had to save a lot of lives.
edit on 3-4-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Only 9 reported dead so far with nearly 1,000 injuries. Compared to the 7.6 quake that hit there in 1999 and killed 2,400 people.
There are still over 100 people trapped in tunnels that collapsed. Every time I drive through a tunnel or over a bridge earthquakes enter my mind.

I was supprised that so many buildings were just leaning; I'm guessing Taiwan doesn't have the same problem with liquefaction that the US does.

<<   2 >>

join