It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists blame auto makers for car theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cops and insurance agents can tell you that since the 1960s, there are typically 3 or 4 types of cars that were easier to steal than others, hence car thieves would target those models. In one instance, (in Chicago) thieves bragged about stealing 4 Jeep Grand Cherokees from a parking lot in 5 minutes, in broad daylight. Back then, no one would even have suggested that it was Jeep's fault for making the vehicles "easy to steal". The very thought would have been preposterous. Literally insane.

But now we live in the age of social media, woke attorney generals, and criminal coddling. So when a teenager steals a car, by following instructions they found on social media, it's the fault of the auto maker. KIA and Hyundai are being sued by New York, Chicago, and Baltimore, (and other cities). The poor innocent thieves are just too tempted by these "easy to steal" cars.

Listen to Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison blame the car makers. At the 6:10 mark, Ellison says "the cars are dramatically too easy to steal". and "they're a tempting, attractive nuisance to young people". Using this logic, I could say it's OK to break into my neighbors house because he had lots of stuff I wanted, and he didn't have an alarm system. He only had a deadbolt lock on his door. So, it's his fault. I was tempted.

I'll add that when these leftist pieces of garbage brag about how "crime is down" it's because cities like NY, Minneapolis, San Francisco, etc...aren't f***ing reporting it! Crime isn't going down

Why is there a huge amount of missing arrest data?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you were going to steal something would you choose an easy to access vehicle/house (no alarm/cctv/easy to break locks) or a difficult one?

Of course the perps should be caught and charged as thieves but nothing wrong with adding additional security, prevention is better than cure after all

As a joiner I know many a way to get into certain locks and if someone wants one fitting I always inform them of the weaknesses

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Nah. I got this.

Why stop there Leftists? Personally I’d take it a step further and place blame with Rockstar Games for glorifying Grand Theft Auto series as an endless source of entertainment for today’s youth.

Ya know the game where selling dr*gs and engaging in solicitiation, and robbing people is deemed acceptable and certainly encouraged, in addition of course to car-jacking and other socially nefarious past-times.

*Throws up Grove Street gang signs

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Honda Accents have a small hole under the driver's seat that you poke a stick in and pop the trunk.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I saw a video from the UAE where this guy left a laptop and an expensive camera on the hood of his car downtown all day and nobody touched it.
Turns out in a country that will chop off your hand for stealing, there is very little stealing

Who knew?

edit on 3 27 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Keith Ellison, another SOROS goon.
These people are truly degenerate.
This is the same line of illogic as blaming guns for crimes.
It’s the short skirt mentality.
Must have deserved it. 🤡
These fools all have to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I just heard comedian Ron White on talk radio...LOL. He was talking about visiting friends in a rural Texas area. Some outsiders came there to rob some businesses, and they ended up getting shot. He said "In Texas, we have guns, and if you come here and shoot at us, we'll shoot back at ya!"

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

They have destroyed entire cities, literally. All the while telling you how their Utopia is in progress. I think the outcome is going to be a total separation of the leftists and their supporters, from the civilized people. The sensible people will leave those cities to decay, while they move to conservative areas.
Let's see if the wealthy woke liberals will remain in those cities.
edit on 27-3-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
a reply to: Vermilion

They have destroyed entire cities, literally. All the while telling you how their Utopia is in progress. I think the outcome is going to be a total separation of the leftists and their supporters. The sensible people will leave those cities to decay, while they move to conservative areas.

It’s like we should pick some middle of nowhere place and let them do whatever they want without pushback just to let them see how it turns ugly very quickly.
Then I think that’s a bad idea.
These people are truly children and we have to treat them as such.
Can’t let them do that to themselves and they probably wouldn’t learn a thing anyway.
They haven’t learned from history repeating itself.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So, it is the carmakers fault that cars are getting stolen instead of the criminals?

That sounds like such a ridiculous way of thinking.

What's next? It is the fault of the people who can afford new cars because they are tempting criminals because they can afford to buy a new car? Of course, this only applies to conservatives, not to Liberal people who buy new cars.

Criminals pick on cars that are easier to steal, but if all the carmakers adopt more secure cars, the criminals will figure out how to steal all types of cars within six months and all cars will be stolen at the same rate. Computers can be hacked and there will be some wizzard at hacking that will design some technology to sell to help those who steal cars.

The easiest way to deter criminals from stealing cars is to throw the book at those who do it, long prison terms...this will deter them.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry I can't stand behind the carmakers on this one rfid has been the standard anti theft on cars for a long time now to not include it is insane at the very least insurance companies have a good case against them for not being straight forward about that

This is no different than a car from the 80s being able to be started with a screw driver brand new it's not ok to cut corners like that without telling people

new topics

top topics

join