It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think a new BTS forum could be started?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hi there. I couldn't help but notice that there is a very large variety of BTS forums, however I couldn't help but notice that there was one missing. Do you think maybe a General Horror Forum could be initiated? Sci-fi fantasy and Comics have a forum already, but horror doesn't really have any place to really fit in. I was thinking it would be nice to have a generalized horror forum where movies, books, and even music of the dark macabre could find a place to dwell. This genre seems to be getting very overlooked lately in general, even though it has a large following. Thanks a bunch for hearing me out.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
But... but ... that´s horrible...

Actually that´s a good idea, deadlynightshade.
A good test area for new mods to practice perhaps?

I´m in.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
deadlynightshade,

I'm a new mod here and don't know what all goes into a new subforum's creation.
Posting here will get opinions from members and whichever mod visits this forum.

Have you thought about making this a suggestion, for the ATS staff to consider. There is a "suggestion" button at the top of the ATS pages, on the left side.
You might want to include a link to this thread in your suggestion.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Have you thought about making this a suggestion, for the ATS staff to consider. There is a "suggestion" button at the top of the ATS pages, on the left side.
You might want to include a link to this thread in your suggestion.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Hi, thank you for replying. I figured I would be heard a little louder if I posted both places. I posted here to see what other members thought of the idea as well as posted it as a suggestion to the moderators, but thank you for the help!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
But... but ... that´s horrible...

Actually that´s a good idea, deadlynightshade.
A good test area for new mods to practice perhaps?

I´m in.

*grins* Thank you for the support Hellmutt. I hope others find it to be as good of an idea as us.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey, i think it's a great idea, too. I"m huge Stephen King and Clive Barker fan. Plus all those new horror flicks...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
Hey, i think it's a great idea, too. I"m huge Stephen King and Clive Barker fan. Plus all those new horror flicks...

Thanks for the support! I'm huge into horror, all media forms of it. You may find a thread I posted under BTS- Literature interesting as well. I look forward to your input.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Opening up a "General Horror Forum" could also have the side-effect of attracting weirdos and lunatics to the board...

EDIT: I better add a [/sarcasm] here to avoid any misunderstanding. I DO support your idea.

[edit on 2005/4/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Opening up a "General Horror Forum" could also have the side-effect of attracting weirdos and lunatics to the board...

EDIT: I better add a [/sarcasm] here to avoid any misunderstanding. I DO support your idea.

[edit on 2005/4/15 by Hellmutt]

But Hellmutt there are already a bunch of weirdos and lunatics on this board!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea as well! After all, fantasy and sci-fi are both represented on BTS, so why not horror. Most fans of the two former genres are also fans of the latter.

Even if it doesn't become a brand new forum, perhaps adding it to the existing fantasy/sci-fi forum would be good.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is actually a better argument to remove Fantasy/SciFi (which only has 48 topics) than add more sub forums.

So fill these existing forums with Horror genre topics where approporiate:

General Entertainment Discussion, Video Games, Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Literature.

Then once each is brimming with horror topics, resubmit the call for a new subforum.

But be forwarned, it won't be easy. SciFi fans can easily turn on the ShatLight and have the SciFi forum swarming with trekkies like Tribbles on quadrotriticale grain.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
SciFi fans can easily turn on the ShatLight

Why did you make me click on that ?!?!?!?!?

Dude, it's frightening out there...

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
deadlynightshade,

After seeing your avatar, I was sure you were only into disney movies
J/K

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I thought about the idea of having a member problems board, but that might get out of hand with different problems we might have from wackos, but the member section is where members get to know eachother and talk about stuff.....hmmm...how about a board promoting the worship of me?

Can RATS have is own site? we could talk about really top secret stuff and new conspiracies?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Having subforums that are really specific adds clutter, useless clutter. Everything that would get posted in a horror forum would get moved to the other ones you mentioned, music, movies, books, fantasy, etc. They all fit very well there, so why change it? We have no avant-garde forum, not romantic comdey forum. No need for a Horror one.

Although, horror >> romantic comedies.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good idea.. I mean, youve got a cooking forum, that hasnt had a new post in over a month..WTF? Dump that and make this a new one. GOOD IDEA..and remember..I'M NEVER WRONG!!-----spliff- out

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Having subforums that are really specific adds clutter, useless clutter. Everything that would get posted in a horror forum would get moved to the other ones you mentioned, music, movies, books, fantasy, etc. They all fit very well there, so why change it? We have no avant-garde forum, not romantic comdey forum. No need for a Horror one.

Although, horror >> romantic comedies.

Hush up and get to work Mod-Boy! Horror films are their own catagory. No other genre of film has that big of a following. You guys got a cooking forum. Now theres a waste of time. When I want discussion, I come here. When I want recipe ideas, I go to the food channel. Just dump the threads in that waste of space and change the icon to Freddy Krueger or something..chop chop!!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, first off, I'm inclined to think more people cook than like horror flicks.

The idea was, however, for a horror forum. Literature, film, and so on. I still see no reason for it. The fact that no one is taking advantage of the cooking forum (myself included. for now anyway) doesn't mean that we need more specific forums.

Horror Film. Might that fit in the Movie Forum?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
deadlynightshade,

After seeing your avatar, I was sure you were only into disney movies
J/K

*grins* Actually, I own quite a bit of Disney- you would be surprised. Then again, I am also a strong advocate of the original "Grimm's Fairy Tales" as well. I think that people are a little too politically correct and sensitive for these tales and require Disney to sugar coat things for them to make them feel better. No one wants to hear that there was no fairy godmother and that the wicked stepmother and sisters had their eyes plucked out by birds. *shrugs*

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This is actually a better argument to remove Fantasy/SciFi (which only has 48 topics) than add more sub forums.

So fill these existing forums with Horror genre topics where approporiate:

General Entertainment Discussion, Video Games, Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Literature.

Then once each is brimming with horror topics, resubmit the call for a new subforum.

But be forwarned, it won't be easy. SciFi fans can easily turn on the ShatLight and have the SciFi forum swarming with trekkies like Tribbles on quadrotriticale grain.

Well thank you for the input. I'm still new at this site and thought that instead of stepping on other people's toes by flooding their forums such as the Sci-Fi/Fantasy subforum with topics that would be received in a less than friendly fashion, that I would see about a subforum for horror. I will just post my interests in the already exsisting forums. Thanks again for the response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join