It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Baltimore, ship brings down bridge, mass casualties

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

from the twits post,

using “remote towing” technology

only problem is the ship wasn't being towed, it was under it's own power.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: xuenchen

from the twits post,

using “remote towing” technology

The wild claim is: remote towing is invisible "on the scene" 💡😃

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

"using “remote towing” technology" - from article

They are using the term "remote towing" to describe hacking into the boat and controlling it from a remote location.

Some have been suggesting that almost from the beginning. Interesting.

edit on 5300820America/Chicagopm15 by 5thHead because: Hack a boat

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
New story so bazaar nobody will ever believe any theories ever again !!! ......... 😀

BOMBSHELL REPORT: ⚠️ Exclusive intel reveals that the attack on The Francis Scott Key Bridge was a TERRORIST ATTACK launched by the Chinese Communist Party on American soil, using “remote towing” technology on the “The DALI”.

DEVELOPING..

OK. What in tarnation is this? Who are these people ? They speak with confidence but who are they ? I'm not a Twitter person so I'm confuse.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: xuenchen
New story so bazaar nobody will ever believe any theories ever again !!! ......... 😀

BOMBSHELL REPORT: ⚠️ Exclusive intel reveals that the attack on The Francis Scott Key Bridge was a TERRORIST ATTACK launched by the Chinese Communist Party on American soil, using “remote towing” technology on the “The DALI”.

DEVELOPING..

OK. What in tarnation is this? Who are these people ? They speak with confidence but who are they ? I'm not a Twitter person so I'm confuse.

Chuck Callesto is just another Twitter traffic pimp, captain click bait

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

They are using the term "remote towing" to describe hacking into the boat and controlling it from a remote location.

could be, but one would think that they would be able to translate hacking a ship navigational controls and controlling it remotely better than saying remote towing.

then if you look at the original poster's page, i'm giving dollars to doughnuts it a made up bullsh@@ story either way.

from the original poster's page.

Square profile picture NFSC Speaks @NFSCSpeak New Federal State of China official X account. Whistleblower Movement founded by Miles Guo. Our mission is to take down the Chinese Communist Party.

twitter.com...
edit on 15-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

ETA: if you notice all the other statements make perfect sense in the translation as far as wording.
edit on 15-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Baltimore files legal claim against owner and operator of cargo ship that rammed bridge

Baltimore filed a legal claim on Monday against the owner and manager of the ship that crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge last month, causing it to collapse.

The Dali, a 213-million-pound ship carrying cargo containers, is owned by Grace Ocean Private Limited and managed by Synergy Marine PTE LTD.

Attorneys for Baltimore’s mayor and City Council accused both companies of providing the vessel with an “incompetent crew” that lacked proper skill and training, according to the claim obtained by CNN.

Considering that the Dali was being piloted by a Baltimore Harbor Master at the time of the accident, and also the fact that the ship suffered from a power outage at a precise and key moment, I can't see this lawsuit going very far.

Has anyone figured out what caused the power outage yet?

Has the possibility that this was a cyber attack been ruled out completely?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

The claim says the Dali left port despite indications that it had an inconsistent power supply.

Federal investigators will also look into whether the crew failed to report an earlier issue with the ship that delayed its departure, the official said on April 15.

Sounds like the argument is that the crew knew the ship was having power supply issues but didn't inform anyone and proceeded to leave port anyway. If that is the case, then I would say the crew is culpable.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Interesting.

An inconsistent power supply, isn't the same as a faulty, overused, broken down, or unmaintained power supply.

Hypothetically, a cyber attacker, or even a saboteur onboard the ship, could of attacked the power a number of times, as practice or to create an illusion of culpability via an "inconsistent" power supply.

I think Baltimore is going to have to prove more than, the power had gone out earlier on the ship and it wasn't reported to such and such authority.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If Baltimore can prove that the ship and its equipment were in poor condition and that the owners were aware of it and failed to execute proper repairs then might have a case

As for why power failed the explanation probably lies with something simple like breakdown in generator or short circuit from worn or damaged wiring

Occams razor demands that all simple explanations be dismissed before considering bizarre things like cyber attacks and such

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

As for why power failed the explanation probably lies with something simple like breakdown in generator or short circuit from worn or damaged wiring

I would argue that the exceptional timing and how it led to a bridge collapse, indicates more than just a simple power outage was at play, and that the event itself borders on the bizarre.

Occams razor demands that all simple explanations be dismissed before considering bizarre things like cyber attacks and such

With advances in technology and AI, I would say that a cyber attack is closer to being a simple explanation than it is to being a bizarre one.

Many years ago, the US took control of Iranian centrifuges, and some time later, Iran took control of a US drone and safety landed it. If a system is connected to a network, it can likely be hacked.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   

If what "Firerescue" writes proves to be the affirmative. How many would believe that explanation?

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

If what "Firerescue" writes proves to be the affirmative. How many would believe that explanation?

Kind regards,

Bally

Occums razor would lead us to deliberate sabotage. That is the most likely thing based on the hate of America from the liberals to the hate of America from the WEF and WHO leadership pushing for total control of all humans on Earth.

edit on 24000000153020244America/Chicago04am4 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: bally001

Kind regards,

Bally

Occums razor would lead us to deliberate sabotage. That is the most likely thing based on the hate of America from the liberals to the hate of America from the WEF and WHO leadership pushing for total control of all humans on Earth.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't much to add. I'll chew on this for a while. Meaning I need to think my response through.

My kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
I would argue that the exceptional timing and how it led to a bridge collapse, indicates more than just a simple power outage was at play, and that the event itself borders on the bizarre.

The timing is what makes me think this wasn't made on purpose to make the bridge collapse, as for that they would need:
1 - to consider that the ship was not going straight to the bridge support, so just cutting the power wouldn't mean a hit;
2 - to consider the strength of the river current, so they could calculate when to cut the power, to give enough time for the current to send the ship into the bridge support;
3 - to know (or suppose) that a hit would make the bridge collapse.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The most likely thing, for me, is the most widespread: incompetence.

No need to look for enemies, internal or external, when we all know human incompetence has been the source of many of the world's problems.

PS: It's Occam, not Occum.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: IndieA

The timing is what makes me think this wasn't made on purpose to make the bridge collapse, as for that they would need:
1 - to consider that the ship was not going straight to the bridge support, so just cutting the power wouldn't mean a hit;
2 - to consider the strength of the river current, so they could calculate when to cut the power, to give enough time for the current to send the ship into the bridge support;
3 - to know (or suppose) that a hit would make the bridge collapse.

All things that could be considered into the calculations of a powerful enough AI.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

AI is more a marketing tool than anything else, it couldn't get me a list of words with five letters in which the third letter was a specific one, like "e", and it couldn't solve a problem similar to the wolf, goat, cabbage problem (but easier) that I created.

To know the effect of the current, for example, it would need to know all the factors that influence it, like the water depth at that area and the speed of the water at that moment.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You are referring to very limited publicly available AI, while I am considering something much less well known, and something that may only exist in secret.

Using the right AI for the right applications has led to incredible new technological advancements, like the ability to translate brainwave data to verbal speech and text.

We would have to be naive to doubt that advanced AI hasn't already been developed, and is being used, for warfare and special warfare applications.

edit on 24-4-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AI is useless without the right data. If you look at what I said would be needed you will see that I was talking more about the data than about the means of processing it.

If someone with access to that hypothetic advanced AI wanted to destroy that bridge by hacking that specific ship it would have been much easier to take control of the rudder than to turn off the power at a very specific moment.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join