It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Face clothing company doubles down on wokeness campaign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Ah, entertainers.

Always with the dramatic flair.

ETA: I suppose this kind of thing doesn't phase me because back in the 90's I was a frequent participant and attender of alternative and punk shows, and drag queens were very common on the party circut. They were also wonderful bathroom bouncers, because they'd be in the ladies room laughing telling stories and touching up their makeup and when the prep guys tried busting in to harass the girls because they were under the impression the community was a sexual free for all, the Queens would beat them into submission and protect the girls.

I've also hear some wonderufl vocal performances from the block parties and one day I was doing some thrifting within the perimeter and I could have sworn Bette Midler was singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" outside and when I stepped out of the door there was a gorgeous Queen (very tasteful, not as flamboyant as the media spectacles we see these days) wearing a tasteful gown with a beautiful wig finsihing up her performance.

She was really wonderful, great voice and exceedingly humble about her talent.

It helps to get to know people beyond their performance personas.
edit on 3/25/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

I'll take American made quality over being triggered by an ad on TV any day.

The OP isn't about being triggered by a commercial, nor is it about the quality of the company's products. It's about a company who is pandering to the woke mob by virtue signalling. They have launched a marketing campaign saying that hiking, kayaking, and camping are privileges that are unfairly available to white people. They are offering a 20% discount to customers who take their online white guilt, I mean "equity" course.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

The left is certainly preoccupied with segregating people based on superficial characters such as skin color.

And it's working quite well.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I thought the advert was cute.

Life is so much better when you can laugh at things.

So happy I don't have a flagpole up my ass.

That drag queen's gown/tent could be useful for clearing the way of brush for a hiking group, simply add solar powered rotating blades to the bottom on the skirt and voila. Why doesn't North Face think more progressive in the gay/drag man's outdoor gear, makes you wonder hmm?

How about this dress that Lizzo wore at the VMA Awards.

I think it was previously used as a rain tarp at Wrigley Field, but what do I know?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Thank you, I knew there had to be more to the level of outrage. The focus was on the transgender so I missed that outrage was an amalgam of SEVERAL woke values. Hence, doubling down.

The North Face, whose parent company is VF Corporation, launched a racial equity course that states how White people never experience hardship due to the color of their skin and that Black people are barred from outdoor activities because of systemic racism and oppression.

So you get a 20% discount to let them try to indoctrinate you? Do you they make you pay attention and take the quiz to claim the reward? Or do you just have to watch something?

Can you rip on it and take the discount while saying, "Oh whatever North Face, why not just ask why there are no white people at Crab Hut? You failed!"

I can see the outrage though.

Another portion of the training instructs participants on how to handle accusations of being “too woke” on social media, telling them to file formal complaints to their bosses and “respond to the comment with calm authority, in line with your [organization’s] policy and guidelines on hate speech and racism.”

Well these woke shouldn't be too hard to take down. If they are programming a spineless appeal to authority characteristic it's not going to get very far. May result in a society of thin-skinned snowflakes that melt instantly during confrontation.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can be reported to the applicable safe-space authorities and get you in trouble.

I get the outrage, but I don't experience it. White oppressed black in this society. It's literally part of the history. And there is a history of non-white oppression in this country. And in every other society that existed concurrently.

They go about it wrong by making it too black and white. Pun intended.

But I am all for calling out every instance of majority rule atrocity. Race and ideology are arbitrary (but ever-present) to who has majority command to oppress and ultimately who gets oppressed.

White privilege to me should read majority privilege. And in the USA that was really waspy for a bit

They just are pushed by group think and HR influence to absolutely point out the specific applicability of this phenomenon in US society. And miss that they just replaced the underlying tendency with itself.

I'm white, well Italian. And my Grandmother, a lovely Catholic woman, died not liking Puerto Ricans because they parked too many cars on their lawns. It was just how things were for arbitrary majorities.
edit on 25-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It helps to get to know people beyond their performance personas.

Yes! I tell my kids and grandkids.

"People are their heart" -- you look to the inside.

At 77 -- I've personally witnessed many years of an evolving society.

My prejudice experience comes from having a polio disabled mom form the 50's epidemic. People were not kind/helpful/accommodating/understanding/etc. -- they had to be forced to be by the Disability Act of 1990 (38 years after my mom was disabled).

All Acts/laws that gave rights to people -- had to be forced.

Pretty sad really.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
edit on 25-3-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It is sad that it has to happen that way, like the democrats voting against abolishing slavery, civil rights, citizenship rights and voting rights. Good thing we had the Republican party you hate so much to fight for those rights and pass the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

It is sad that it has to happen that way, like the democrats voting against abolishing slavery, civil rights, citizenship rights and voting rights. Good thing we had the Republican party you hate so much to fight for those rights and pass the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, right?

The flip in the 2 parties from that era has been discussed on ATS many times.

Keep up.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The flip in the 2 parties from that era has been discussed on ATS many times.

Keep up.

I’ve read some of that topic on here, meh. It’s nothing but opinions anyway. Have they really changed though? They’re still keeping poc on the plantation with endless broken promises and pandering just like they did back in the day. Minorities are nothing but pawns to the democrats, they don’t care about them. Look at how there using the Latinos coming into the country. Do you really think they give a # about them? Nope. They’re going to offer them slave wages for menial jobs in exchange for votes/power. Democrats haven’t changed. Try and keep up.
edit on 26-3-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: quintessentone

I thought the advert was cute.

Life is so much better when you can laugh at things.

So happy I don't have a flagpole up my ass.

That drag queen's gown/tent could be useful for clearing the way of brush for a hiking group, simply add solar powered rotating blades to the bottom on the skirt and voila. Why doesn't North Face think more progressive in the gay/drag man's outdoor gear, makes you wonder hmm?

How about this dress that Lizzo wore at the VMA Awards.

I think it was previously used as a rain tarp at Wrigley Field, but what do I know?

Indeed that dress would make an ideal tarp. What about this dress when spread out can double as a parabolic cooker?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A company develops a marketing strategy to a segment of society, that the rightwing abhors and the hate doors open wide.

No one is being forced to buy anything. Triggered because of a marketing ploy in a capitalist nation......pathetic!!

edit on 26-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
A company develops a marketing strategy to a segment of society, that the rightwing abhors and the hate doors open wide.

No one is being forced to buy anything. Triggered because of a marketing ploy in a capitalist nation......pathetic!!

No one’s forcing you to get it🙄

Brainwashing and some good ol’ white guilt good for society. A easy sell to the gullible that can’t think for themselves.👍

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Brainwashing and some good ol’ white guilt good for society. A easy sell to the gullible that can’t think for themselves.👍

Gullible....

Brainwashing?....Have you gotten your trump bible yet? or your gold adidas? trumpy bear? NFT cards?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Gullible....

Brainwashing?....Have you gotten your trump bible yet? or your gold adidas? trumpy bear? NFT cards?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmm not wanting to be brainwashed to say I have white guilt has to do with Trump how?

So you’re saying anyone that doesn’t vote for Trump is a brainwashed sheep and is okay with this nonsense? Glad you agree

I’m not republican nor did I vote for Trump (or Biden) last round sparky. Try harder with your assumptions, especially if you’re going to base your whole post on one. 🙄😏

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: ColeYounger2

What the hell does that ad have to do with outdoor gear?

I find flamboyantly gay people to be downright obnoxious. It’s way over the top.

This sucks because I have like 30 pieces of North Face clothing. I don’t want to be assaulted or associated with that crap.

You're fine. The majority of casual society you meet in the office and streets and grocery have no idea this is happening and will forget 30 minutes after you tell them because apparel politics is for the Twitterverse to fight over and everyone else to roll their eyes and move on with their productive adult day. Your gear is still perfectly functional so there's that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join