It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Face clothing company doubles down on wokeness campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They make good stuff.
Too bad I won't be buying it anymore.
Oh well.

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe they think their demographic would accept this extremely over-the-top nonsense.

People born who they are is not nonsense.

People are born with a penis or a vagina, 99.99% of the time.

Kinda easy to figure out who they are.

To not be able to comprehend that is nonsense.

I agree.

The brain tells you who you are.

Physical is just packaging.

Actually your own eyes tell you what you are. Your brain only offers confirmation or denial. Your brain is your biggest setback if you don't believe your own eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Guys in dresses promoting camping, outdoor gear.

What's next?

Vegans promoting Outback Steakhouse?

I didn't actually watch the ad, is this seriously because a transgender woman is promoting camping gear again? I thought there was more to why it's so egregious and antagonistic.

The problem with doing these type of ads is doing it to virtue signal. Why do the press release that you are using a noted transgender model unless you want acknowledgement for it?

I'm just saying, if I went woke I'd find a transgender woman that could pass for EVERYONE and not tell anyone we did it. And then put her in a commercial in a typical female position. Where she plays a mother and upholds a traditional nuclear family (Christian friendly) message. Even going over the top to mock woke values in the process... and then troll that in a follow up after people reacted.

Like create a controversy doing an anti-woke ad with a transgender woman.

That would be a more powerful message too.

You could get literally 'troll' the most reactive from each side with that multi-stage stunt.
edit on 25-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I didn't own anything Northface and I sure will never own anything now and I'll be sure to tell the few people I know who have northface what they are all about 🤮

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I thought the advert was cute.

Life is so much better when you can laugh at things.

So happy I don't have a flagpole up my ass.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
And neither do you....

Thank God I left California in 84 tired of your likes and people who rejected us coming back from the war that should never have happened.

Sink California and take libtards with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

There is also the added bonus of being able to laugh at those that are so very easily triggered by this kind of thing especially those who will bite their noses off the spite their faces. Lol.

Anyway, I would take the 20% discount in heart-beat if it would make an ounce of difference, I still couldn't fit anything North Face into my budget. I have bought their bags for my son, because their stuff, travel bags in particular will withstand anything and everything. It's a long term investment. And they operate on principled sustainability and sourcing.

What is not to love - unless you're just fishing around to find things to hate that is.

edit on 25-3-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm wondering if their new CEO is thinking that creating targeted ads towards the LBGTQ plus community and their supporters will turn North Face's sagging sales around.

finance.yahoo.com...

Targeting the male and LGBTQ plus demographics seems to be what the new CEO thinks will turn this around because the younger generations are showing higher percentages of being within that LGBTQ plus demographic. Although they include themselves within the #StopHateForProfit campaign, it almost seems to me profit is the real end goal for any business and North Face is just trying different strategies for that end goal.

Patagonia is North Face's competitor, but their message is "The Earth is our only shareholder".

We’re in business to save our home planet. Founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, Patagonia Works (“Patagonia”) is a certified B Corporation based in Ventura, California. A founding member of 1% for the Planet, the company is recognized internationally for its product quality and environmental activism. Its unique ownership structure reflects that Earth is its only shareholder: Profits not reinvested back into the business are paid as dividends to protect the planet.

www.patagoniaworks.com...

I suppose North Face's attempt at marketing themselves as a 'save the planet' type company didn't work, so another strategy is needed for...PROFIT.
edit on q00000004331America/Chicago3636America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

I fully support inclusion and find social interactions among kids to be more valuable than the 3 Rs. The kids are fine.

Globally, U.S. educational ranking continues to fall behind

Worst things schools have ever done is judge students by testing.

I remember when it was implemented. We are not China.

China -- highest rate of teen suicides.

My longtime friend runs a rehab in Philly for adolescent’s with mental issues, personality disorders, bipolar, etc…. He said it’s full of f up transgender kids that want or wanted to commit suicide. He told me the personality disorders such as depression in trans kids are the worst he’s ever experienced. He’s been doing this almost 40 years.

Since you want to push that agenda in schools and on your kid, why do you think anyone would think you give one # about teen suicides when you promote one of the highest reasons for suicide amongst teens?
Is that the “progress” you’re talking about?

I’ll stay in the dark ages thank you. I don’t think you’ve thought this whole “progress” thing out very well.

Accepting that kids are who they are — is not pushing an agenda.

It’s accepting them and providing them with what each needs as an individual case.

Mine is high functioning Autistic non-binary.

Born that way. He is who he is.

no, HE is who his care takers tell him he is. Kids learn from their caretakers. If they are flakes who tell them silly things, that's what they will be. If you teach them to be good kids, and respectful, and hard working, they will be that. Like sponges. If they soak up toilet water, well, you know.

You are flat out wrong. Have no clue what you’re talking about.

He was diagnosed at age 2.

And he is a good kid.

at age 2 he knew he wanted to switch genders? Sorry, that's bullsh!t, and even the slow kids know it. Lie to someone else to make you not feel guilty for screwing the kids mind up.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm just saying, if I went woke I'd find a transgender woman that could pass for EVERYONE and not tell anyone we did it.

They’ve tried that before.
They don’t pass.
It’s degenerate.
They will never be a woman.
North face has been been woke for years.
Go woke go broke.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

That drag queen's gown/tent could be useful for clearing the way of brush for a hiking group, simply add solar powered rotating blades to the bottom on the skirt and voila. Why doesn't North Face think more progressive in the gay/drag man's outdoor gear, makes you wonder hmm?

edit on q00000051331America/Chicago4040America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IceHappy
And neither do you....

Thank God I left California in 84 tired of your likes and people who rejected us coming back from the war that should never have happened.

Sink California and take libtards with it.

I was in Arizona the last 40 years — just so ya know.

But will be forever grateful I was born and raised in a progressive area of SOCA.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
I'm wondering if their new CEO is thinking that creating targeted ads towards the LBGTQ plus community and their supporters will turn North Face's sagging sales around.

finance.yahoo.com...

The advertisement in the OP is from 2022 and as someone previously pointed out and you've reiterated, it hasn't led to any improvement in sales, quite the opposite. They, I am fairly sure, knew the risks and have decided to continue running those kind of risks. Some things are more important than more profit I could supposr but you do need profit and they couldn't have done that without being fairly assured of the security of their market position.

And Patagonia may be competing but on certain lines, North Face just have it nailed so all others can do is copy.

edit on 25-3-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

originally posted by: quintessentone

finance.yahoo.com...

The advertisement in the OP is from 2022 and as someone previously pointed out and you've reiterated, it hasn't led to any improvement in sales, quite the opposite. They, I am fairly sure, knew the risks and have decided to continue running those kind of risks. Some things are more important than more profit I could supposr but you do need profit and they couldn't have done that without being fairly assured of the security of their market position.

And Patagonia may be competing but on certain lines, North Face just have it nailed so all others can do is copy.

Are the demographics of LGBTQ plus growing among the upcoming generations? Looking at population statistics/demographics certainly shows it's a growing demographic, but I also read where North Face's biggest product buyers are men, hence the ad targets men...gay men to be exact. If their profits rise then the CEO is a brilliant strategist, IMO, however this strategy may be one that is played out over a period of time.
edit on q00000022331America/Chicago3434America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I expect the actual demographics stay the same it's just the general open-ness that is increasing. Gay men, more generally gay couples = two male incomes - means they often have greater spending power than a hetero-sexual or even lesbian couple - so of course they are targeted specifically. It makes sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Guys in dresses promoting camping, outdoor gear.

What's next?

Vegans promoting Outback Steakhouse?

Next ……. Even more grown dudes promoting intimacy with children.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They make good stuff.
Too bad I won't be buying it anymore.
Oh well.

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe they think their demographic would accept this extremely over-the-top nonsense.

People born who they are is not nonsense.

People are born with a penis or a vagina, 99.99% of the time.

Kinda easy to figure out who they are.

To not be able to comprehend that is nonsense.

I agree.

The brain tells you who you are.

Physical is just packaging.

Out of everything you’ve ever warbled here at ATS, this is the most definitive.

Not in a good way, but at least this the ultimate, concise capture of your world view.

Thanks ….. I guess ?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

They’ve tried that before.
They don’t pass.
It’s degenerate.

Well, here's some more degeneracy for you.

Can I try to fool you and others?

If it's obvious.

Below are 4 LGBT couples, 3 L and 1 T.

So, in the spirit of Sesame Street difference identification indoctrination:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just don't belong.

Which one doesn't fit?

edit on 25-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I still wear a North Face vest that I bought in 1970 and wore every winter since then... Still looks like new.

I'll take American made quality over being triggered by an ad on TV any day.

edit on 25-3-2024 by lilzazz because: you mad bro?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

To each their own. I'm sure there are people who think the Liberty Insurance commercials are "clever".

I am laughing. I'm laughing at the idiots who blindly follow the woke narrative.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Rock on.

I know North Face has good stuff, it's just out of my price range.

All my gear is old military surplus and it's still in good form so I'm not complaining.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join