It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman MIKE GALLAGHER R-WI Suddenly Decides to Resign - Possibly CHINA Related.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It could just be like Buck and others resigning, they are just tired of the Maga party.

“What I won't do is violate the Constitution and vote for impeachments that are not appropriate. What I won't do is promote a narrative about how the 2020 election was stolen when it wasn't stolen. I won't talk about how people who assaulted police officers and destroyed federal government property should not be prosecuted,” Buck explained. “Some of the people in the Freedom Caucus have an issue with me because I will not promote false narratives.”

Link

Instead of addressing the clown show that has become the GOP, instead people reach for even more crazy conspiracy to justify a sane conservative leaving.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That's exactly it. This is going to be one of the most useless Congressional periods in living memory, possibly in US history. They've done nothing. The 'investigation' of Hunter Biden revealed nothing. Their impeachment drive turned into a clown car. They have done nothing to address issues like Putin's aggression & mania. But, hey, Marjorie Taylor Green has appeared on a buttload of stairs outside Congress and ranted at the drop of a hat so very many times, so - publicity!

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg2

I'm old enough to remember the Hunter laptop being Russian disinfo and Joe not having anything to do with Hunters businesses in Ukraine, Russia and China.

But do go on in your ignorance.....

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The letter stated it had earmarks of Russian disinfo. According to Lev, the drive that miraculosly made it into the hands out of all the people in the world Rudy Guliani (also known to have presented the fake 1023) was obtained by the FSB,discovered during the fruitless search around Eastern Europe for a year at the behest of President Trump.

And of course you know that Comer does not have any evidence of any crime by Joe Biden and does not plan on calling an impeachment vote "anytime soon".
edit on 24-3-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And given that the impeachment drive has gotten exactly no-where due to a total lack of any crimes, what exactly is your point? I ask more in sorrow than in amusement by the way.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Lev, Cohen....do go on Frogs.......

Once again, what you think you know and what are facts are miles apart.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hmm.. Lev has started posted emails, etc he received during those years. You also noticed none of the people involved in that whole scheme has never stated he has lied. Kind of like how Meadows,Ornato and crew have never disputed Hutchinson's testimony. It appears you are miles apart from what you think you know and facts.

(post by JinMI removed for a manners violation)
(post by JinMI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: vance2
Yes I am afraid this is correct. These crazy Trump fans have already given Biden 4 more years. It's not even November and I am already trying to get out of my funk. I really don't want another Biden administration and the truth is, that's what we have. Sigh

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: WeMustCare

What if he's neither? The common thread among most of these Republicans that are leaving office early/not seeking reelection is that they don't like the direction the Party is taking.

Trump is not some Great Unifier. He has split the Party and it's going to sink him in November.

Haha, Biden sucks but it’s never Biden’s fault.

Everything is crap in the US but it’s not the current admin’s fault.

It’s all Trump Trump Trump.

So sick of the dumbness. It flows like the runs.

Soon, Biden's deterioration will reach a point where the media can't protect him. He made many mistakes on the campaign trail over the past 2 weeks. Mistakes that would have ended Trump's candidacy. Biden will have to be rushed off the stage due to a mental or a physical issue. THAT will not be able to be ignored.

Care, lemme do you a solid. Biden is FAKING dementia to escape his incoming prosecutions.
The state of the union address is all the proof you need.
Republicans think Democrats are stupid. Democrats think republicans are evil.
They both have it backwards.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: vance2
Yes I am afraid this is correct. These crazy Trump fans have already given Biden 4 more years. It's not even November and I am already trying to get out of my funk. I really don't want another Biden administration and the truth is, that's what we have. Sigh

originally posted by: Threadbarer

What if he's neither? The common thread among most of these Republicans that are leaving office early/not seeking reelection is that they don't like the direction the Party is taking.

Trump is not some Great Unifier. He has split the Party and it's going to sink him in November.

Haha, Biden sucks but it’s never Biden’s fault.

Everything is crap in the US but it’s not the current admin’s fault.

It’s all Trump Trump Trump.

So sick of the dumbness. It flows like the runs.

Soon, Biden's deterioration will reach a point where the media can't protect him. He made many mistakes on the campaign trail over the past 2 weeks. Mistakes that would have ended Trump's candidacy. Biden will have to be rushed off the stage due to a mental or a physical issue. THAT will not be able to be ignored.

Care, lemme do you a solid. Biden is FAKING dementia to escape his incoming prosecutions.
The state of the union address is all the proof you need.
Republicans think Democrats are stupid. Democrats think republicans are evil.
They both have it backwards.

It will be up to the next DOJ to decide if Biden is too far gone for prosecution. And the Supreme Court will have a say this Summer if Biden can be prosecuted for the crimes he committed while President...ie. Opening the border so murderers could enter.

FYI: A 101 year-old man was prosecuted for murder a few years ago. He was wheeled in and barely knew much...but the victims families wanted him to pay a price for what he enabled. I'm all for that, even if Biden is wearing Depends and is mentally shot.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   
March 25, 2024

By resigning after April 7th, Gallagher is assuring his seat will go unfilled for the remainder of the year. With Speaker Mike Johnson working with Democrats, it's Marjorie Taylor Greene who is using her brain to prevent losing a Republican House Seat for the rest of 2024...

Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has urged House Speaker Mike Johnson to either pressure outgoing Wisconsin GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher to leave office ahead of schedule or move to expel him so as to allow a special election to determine his replacement.

Gallagher on Friday announced that he would resign on April 19 and leave the GOP with a one-vote majority in the lower chamber. His timetable, however, would see him leave past the Wisconsin deadline for a mandatory special election, The Hill reported. Greene, for her part, suggested Johnson ought to force the issue and remove Gallagher so the GOP could regain the soon-to-be-lost seat.

"Speaker Johnson should be forcing Mike Gallagher to leave early so that his district can hold a special election, and any strong Republican Speaker of the House would expel a member for leaving our razor-thin majority in such a delicate, delicate state. We cannot allow — we cannot allow this," she said during a Sunday appearance on Fox News. "Speaker Johnson has also failed our majority because he is allowing Mike Gallagher to leave Congress after the deadline date where his district cannot hold a special election and elect a new representative for the rest of this entire Congress."
More at: justthenews.com...

At this point, it's obvious MTGreene would make a far better Speaker than Mike Johnson!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

At this point, it's obvious MTGreene would make a far better Speaker than Mike Johnson!

Do you think if he stopped playing with his namesake for 15 minutes, he could actually legislate?

Seems like he'd rather pull everyone else's than do his job.

edit on 3/25/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Republicans are getting bought off by at least one high roller Donor. The idea is to get Democrat control of The House before the elections. Democrats have some real juicy legislations planned that's practically irreversible. Big poison pill Bills to pass in case Democrats lose The Whitehouse. Your wildest imagination is mild compared to what they want. ☠️💣☣️

The United States is right now in the most dangerous position it's ever been in. 🥶️

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And Gallagher is being given the opportunity to change his resignation date from April 19th to BEFORE April 2nd, or to face being EXPELLED from the U.S. Congress. (A very bad entry on the Resume!)

Source: www.meidastouch.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Democrats mission is to make sure Republicans can never win again....and their mission is almost over. Money is everything.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
The Democrats mission is to make sure Republicans can never win again....and their mission is almost over. Money is everything.

No matter what it takes?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I have think that's becoming pretty obvious.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Friday, March 22, 2024

I think it's pretty rare for a member of Congress to decide in the middle of a term to throw in the towel, without giving a good reason why, is it not?

Congressman MIKE GALLAGHER(R-Wi) is resigning his position, effective April 19th.

What's interesting (to me) is that he chaired the "Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party"...

Politico reported Gallagher’s forthcoming resignation Friday afternoon, and the congressman later confirmed he planned to exit the lower chamber on April 19.

I’ve worked closely with House Republican leadership on this timeline and look forward to seeing Speaker Mike Johnson appoint a new chair to carry out the important mission of the Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party,” he wrote in a post on X.
More at: www.breitbart.com...

The pressure from certain members of Congress, Government, Former Officials, and Businesses, to get China out of American society's inner workings (i.e. Tik Tok, Buying Farmland, China Police Stations, etc.), is building quickly this year.

Is it possible Congressman Gallagher was getting too close to uncovering something, causing Communist Chinese officials, or maybe corrupt U.S. officials, to threaten his family? (The Biden family received $$$ and jewels from China, in return for ???)

Or maybe Gallagher himself had some illegal deals with China that were going to be exposed, causing him to resign?

Does anyone here on ATS know more about Mike Gallagher and/or the Chinese Communist investigation(s) he was in charge of?

-WeMustCare

3.31.2024 Easter Sunday

Former/Next President Donald Trump is hard on Mike Gallagher for not stepping down before April 2nd...for waiting until April 19th, when it's too late to fill his empty seat for the year.

"Never Forget our COWARDS and WEAKLKINGS, says candidate Donald J. Trump.

Source: gettr.com...

He wants us to remember WHY they will be told "no", when they want something from the next Administration..be it a favor, or forgiveness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join