It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Has Startlingly High Number of Viral Lab Leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think they are just trying to kill us all. Seriously.

USA Has Startlingly High Number of Viral Lab Leaks

America suffers a 'startlingly high' number of lab leak incidents at its top virus labs every year, data shows — amid calls for centers to slash the number of experiments carried out on diseases that could spark pandemics. Official data reveals more than 600 releases of 'controlled' pathogens - which may include anthrax, tuberculosis and Ebola - were recorded in the US over the eight years to 2022, equivalent to 70 to 100 releases every year.

Many of the incidents were caused by scientists spilling the contents of test tubes, not wearing safety equipment correctly and suffering bites and scratches from infected animals.nnIn some cases, diseases were released from labs because of equipment failures or via poor practices, such as emptying blood from infected monkeys down plug holes.

Experts said the concerning figures, which were gathered by the Federal Select Agents Program (FSAP), were a warning of the dangers posed by experiments on these viruses. Dr Richard Ebright, a microbiologist at Rutgers University in New Jersey, said the data showed the 'startlingly high frequency' of lab accidents in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I worked in many pharmaceutical labs in mt time and believe me sometimes I worked with people who kept putting others in danger. Hired not by merit

Humans can't be trusted. Yes some can be but you'd only find out after years of working together.
It makes me very fearful ro think how easy it is for one person to either leak something deliberate or by accident or by sheer not caring about protocols.

In Russia they found an old fridge with gawd knows what in there, often not marked properly.

I am a health and safety stickler and I have seen things that would bend your bones.

It's not a question of if, but when a dangerous virus will get out.
Humans can't keep them forever safe, all deadly viruses should be destroyed. Imo.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
butwhatabout all the high education standards and degrees??? ☢️☣️

😉

join