It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Compelling Loch Ness Monster Pictures Defy Explanation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I saw a flying saucer -- way back about 1964 before drones.

I saw one saucer, midday, here in Delaware a few years back. Flew right overhead. Saw a cigar shaped one about 25 years ago in Madison Alabama. Midday then too. Just hovered and then flew off.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For me, this whole Loch Ness legend goes well beyond simple, pat, smug explanations. It goes back over a thousand years. And the legends of a creature inhabiting the loch extends to other such lochs in both Scotland and Ireland. The accouts go well back in time long before a tourist industry and the camera.

I am fascinated by the old Kelpie legends. I am fascinated by the post-1933 accounts, land sightings and the handful of diver sightings. The creature seems to change form to a small degree between accounts. Tim Dinsdale was said to believe we were dealing with a shapeshifter, later in his life. And then there's the many photographs, the most famous of which suddenly was an admitted hoax. Everybody brushed their hands of the legend (for the most part) with that admission. Really? Just one claim of a hoax and that's it? Over a thousand years of accounts and off of one claim its all done? Surely we are a smarter race than that, right?

Maybe. And maybe not.

What about the science?

Ahh, the religion of science. If a high priest of science says something than it must be. Fact is, science, in its purest form is but a measuring stick; an ever changing understanding, progressive and expanding pool of method and knowledge; of things that can be grasped, touched, measured. I like it, but only to a point. I'll reserve my belief in its conclusions based on my intuition and instinct.

Why?

In the old days people were as concerned with what they didn't see (the unseen hand) as with what they could see. People were far more open to the unseen realm and its power to cross into our realm. I am talking of a spiritual realm. Bear with me here. The loch legends suggest something that may have been underlined from the ever changing accounts of what's been seen. Loch Ness has also been a place with much historical occult activity and perhaps a side effect of that, energy.

There was a lady who had lived on the shores of Loch Ness her whole life. I believe she had 16 sightings over her lifetime. I do not recall her name. Strange so many sightings for her. She was in essence, a witch based on my recollection of her write-up upon her death. Perhaps given that occult aspect, 16 sightings may make some semblance of sense. Thereafter her death, her home which was posted for sale, was said to be a hotbed of paranormal activity. Who knows. But to me it adds to the suggestion that not all things are equal with Loch Ness, and therefore, not easily buttoned-up.
edit on 3 21 2024 by AtomicBulldog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicBulldog

Science likes some evidence. Not seeing any in your post?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Annee
I saw a flying saucer -- way back about 1964 before drones.

I saw one saucer, midday, here in Delaware a few years back. Flew right overhead. Saw a cigar shaped one about 25 years ago in Madison Alabama. Midday then too. Just hovered and then flew off.

Hey! A subject we can discuss without "fighting"

So, you're a believer too. Good to know.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yo.

Not seen a triangle but....(My old incarnation as Oldcarpy before I changed jobs and computer hence now Oldcarpy2)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spooky!

Gaah...won't link!

Was my first post "My weird experience(s)"

Can't find it now.

edit on 21-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Science likes some evidence. Not seeing any in your post?

You eyes do not see any, because I didn't offer any. Quite simply, I stated my view.

As for what the religion of science "likes", I am in awe of how easily it is duped and used to sway the opinion of those that have placed all of their trust in it, to the point of blind faith, ironically.
edit on 3 21 2024 by AtomicBulldog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Errr, did you miss where I said I believe?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

This link might work.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yaaay...bless your heart. That's the one.

Very weird.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Very weird.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thanks.

I have no explanation for that. Synchronicity maybe.

It really happened and I just have no explanation.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Very weird.

Fire breathing dragon?

Myths have to come from something. Something someone experienced.

I personally have not heard before of what you have described.

But I deny nothing as we really know so little.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

No, they were like,....fiery logs?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Good one.

I might steal it

You should.

I mean, why should you be different?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No, they were like,....fiery logs?

Yes. Very strange.

Never heard of anything like that before.

You're logical. I was just musing how some people have vivid imaginations.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Fire breathing dragon?

Not all dragons are fire breathing dragons.

Check my avatar.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Fire breathing dragon?

Not all dragons are fire breathing dragons.

Check my avatar.

But . . . fiery log.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Where was that out of interest?

As far as I'm aware mate there hasn't been any documented evidence of lava tubes in Scotland.

So if you found some that would be a massive find.

Scotland is full of extinct volcanos especially the highlands www.walkhighlands.co.uk...

Our teacher way back then Andy was jobsmacked when we dumped the piece of pumice stone in front of her and they soon had a grate on the way we used to enter it was a old well the hill is the cats back as it is called locally .

That area is my old stomping ground when I was a kid but I have lived further up and there are massive caves / tunnels and dumbs all over the place

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I know that mate.

Edinburgh Castle being built on an extinct Volcano for a start.

And there are extensive cave systems like the Ailwee Cave, Fingal's Cave, and Smoo Cave.

But none of these are lava tubes.

Else where are they?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Steinermath333
As a kid and even now, i think it would be cool if at least some of these lake monsters turned out to be real, previously unknown animals, but its just not happening. Havent there been studies on Loch Ness that there is not even enough fish to sustain a large predator, let along a breeding population? Take out the hoaxes, misidentified boat wakes and waves, and natural explanations like swimming deer, beaver, otter and whats left?

Nessie looks like a water Brontosaurus (from what people think she looks like), she might feed on plants and such.

Unlikely the loch is very murky water so after 6 feet it gets very dark and plants wouldn't survive. And there isn't enough fish to support a large creature. So unless that thing climbs out the water to feed it wouldn't survive long. There just isn't a viable food supply for a large creature and worse the lake has areas devoid of oxygen as you go deeper. So this creature would have to have lungs. However if it had lungs it should be spotted all the time as it surfaces to breathe.
edit on 3/22/24 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join