It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ears ringing tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The ringing is gone now. Thanks to everyone for your advice and care of a fellow member.

If this continues to happen I'll see my doctor.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MauiWaui
a reply to: HighEQ

As far as I know, nothing has changed around me. But now you have me thinking, a few months ago at a city council meeting, the police department was awarded some money for a new communication system. I want to say their old system was motorola based and they couldn't get new transmitters or receivers, well they could but it was really expensive, like 12k per vehicle.

Maybe they turned on the new system and I'm "hearing" it?

You might be onto something, that's the type of thing that will do it. Tech. mostly but an electrical storm can cause it too.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't normally get ringing in my ears, but ocasionally will have a spell that lasts for a week or so. I finally figured it out; whenI broke my foot I took asprin, and every time I did my ears would ring.
That was years ago, and to this day if I take asprin my ears will ring for a few hours. Acetominaphen will cause it, too though not as bad.

Some prescription drugs will cause the same reaction, too.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's really interesting. I have been taking ibuprofin the last week for some workout related pain before bed. Just the 81mg low dose ones just to get comfortable before going to sleep.

This actually makes the most sense to me. I couldn't work out for a while due to a surgery and I just started getting back to my routine a week ago. Of course I was sore with my normal routine that I stopped doing for a few months of recovery.

I never even considered that. I'll stop taking that and just eat the soreness to see if this ringing stops.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I hear the street lights at night and sometimes it'll register as a car ticking over, a similar hum which causes the higher pitched ringing that's associated with tinnitus to be very noticeable. When mine gets worse it's often associated with migraines.

Experiencing it right now with a clickety clack of high pitched ticking, there's a certain ear muscle that can alter the pitch which is I guess similar to blurring your eyes on demand. One can always learn to use the muscles they've never had control of...

Chemistry, hydration, stress... I'm sure there's a lot more things that cause or trigger tinnitus, it's a really complex issue isn't it? I've had mine since I was 1 and I can't say I've ever not experienced it, ignored it sure but it's always there. It's never bothered me too much and I don't mind when it gets loud like that fax machine tone.

I've got some far out theories on it all tbh. It's possible all tinnitus is trauma related.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Doesn't everyone hear street lights? It's a buzz sound. A constant Z sound.

I also know what you mean when you say fax machine, I equate it to the old school internet connection sound but much higher pitch, it's hard to describe in words but it's like zzzeeeeoooozzzz white noise from an old school TV.

I'm glad we're talking about this because I'm learning a lot.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MauiWaui

They do to an extent I'd imagine.

That said in the UK the streetlights have been replaced with energy saving ones and they don't hum nearly as much. This isn't that faint hum your Television makes though it's more of a deep smooth rumbling of a car ticking over or a generator operating in a concrete room. The kind of hum you almost feel.

I assume it's the street lights. It might be in my head lol, that said I've went through a process of elimination and this audible sensation is only at night and location doesn't matter. The sun comes up soon and I bet it'll stop when it does although it could be said the noise is masked by the day to day activities of civilization.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

thanks... want to know what really sucks.

I got service connected for tinnitus, not hearing loss, because of that I dont qualify for the hearing aids that would help me with the tinnitus.

When I left the service, if you got 1 you didnt get the other period dot end of discussion.

Also the military gave me a bad back so I only occasionally get good sleep so its always a little alarm in my head.

still wouldnt trade any of that time for a healthy body, got to meet a ton of awesome people see the world, met my wife been together 18 years and ahve a 5 yr old son.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm thinking and researching this tonight.

The street lights haven't changed in the last week. The ringing did. Nugget1 probably figured it out for me, maybe my body reacts to aspirin of any type and makes my ears ring.

The low frequency humming I've only heard two times. Both times I've heard it, it's unsettling, like you have to sit down from disorientation. The first time I had general admission at a black eyed peas concert, I somehow ended up at the front, the bass was so incredible it took my breath away.

Sound is an interesting topic. I got into the studies and theories 3 hours ago, lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I first got hit with Tinnitus around 2015.

I Initially went deaf in my right ear. Then my sense of hearing returned, but not without a constant ringing.

The ringing then faded somewhat, but it would always return to hum at odd times, usually seemingly connected to my thoughts, usually in right, sometimes in left, for a few seconds, at varying frequencies.

There had also been a constant throbbing deep humming sound steady almost every night, especially in the cold months.

Actually it feels like I have a dog collar, and some b**** is tormenting me, pointing out coincidences and symbols and emotions and stuff like that.

But now it feels like I have almost got rid of her. I haven’t heard any hum jobs recently. I don’t want to speak too soon, cuz she may still have some chords left to pull. And when I plug my right ear, I may still detect a faint humming. It definitely sounds different than if I plug my left ear, and detect no humming.
edit on 16-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

I DM'ed you.

Please take a look. Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I saw an ear doctor for my tinnitus around 2015. He was also a sufferer of tinnitus. All he told me was learn to live with it, and don’t listen to anybody who says they have a cure.

But I feel like I am oh so close to curing it…

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Wow that’s weird. Tinnitus doesn’t usually just come and go so quickly. I will check your DM soon.

edit on 16-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure on the science behind it although my first thoughts are blood pressure related when it comes to chemically induced tinnitus, taking painkillers etc.

If things get worse or don't improve it might be worth getting a little check-up, the human body is amazingly interconnected and often enough this or that little issue points towards certain stressors or underlying issues. It's always better to be proactive than reactive especially with health.

The low frequency humming I've only heard two times. Both times I've heard it, it's unsettling, like you have to sit down from disorientation. The first time I had general admission at a black eyed peas concert, I somehow ended up at the front, the bass was so incredible it took my breath away.

Do you get migraines? Silent migraines are classic migraine symptoms but are lacking pain, the symptoms often feel like that and from my understanding migraines are mostly a blood flow issue.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

still wouldnt trade any of that time for a healthy body, got to meet a ton of awesome people see the world, met my wife been together 18 years and ahve a 5 yr old son.

You've found happiness and I love hearing about that despite the part that sucks.
I wish you and your femily well brother.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:32 AM
link   

No migranes. I just had my physical on February 12th and the black eyed peas concert was over a decade ago.

I think I may be sensitive to sound.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Concerts? I seen KISS at anaheim stadium in 1975. Been to a ton of
rock concerts but that one. Was the loudest thing I ever heard in
my life. To this day I can remember the headache I left with lasted
three days,

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ringing in the ears is the first sign of an upcoming cerebral infarction (stroke).
I advise you to take your health seriously, get examined by doctors, have a magnetic resonance imaging scan of the brain, preferably with the injection of a coloring liquid, of course.
And of course, keep an eye on your blood pressure. It must be maintained at normal levels with medication and constantly (morning and evening, especially in the morning) monitored.
If you start treatment on time, you can avoid serious consequences.
In general, everyone has tinnitus for life.

Good health to you!
edit on 16-3-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have tinnitus. Pretty darn loud.
I've had it since a concussion back around 2008 or so.
I'd love to hear 'quiet' again ....

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

You can also add to your list: for women, tinnitus can start with the menopause.
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join