It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IVF Kills Twice As Many Unborn Babies Then Abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization - kills between 1.5 to 1.8 million unborn babies a year. Yet pro lifers support it. Abortion kills 985,000 unborn babies a year. Pro lifers are against it. This doesn't make sense. The carnage for IVF, which is forbidden to Catholics by the Catholic church, is through the roof.

A person can't say they are pro life if they support IVF. For every live baby that comes out of IVF, a handful of siblings are dead.

More Human Embryos Destroyed Through IVF Than Abortion Every Year

IVF clinics do not report the exact number of embryos that are killed in their care, but clinics normally extract between 10 and 15 eggs for one treatment. According to the IVF clinic chain Illume Fertility, if the clinic extracts 12 eggs, about 80% — nine or 10 eggs — will be viable and about 80% of viable eggs will successfully fertilize to create embryos — making about seven or eight embryos per patient.

The CDC estimates that more than 238,000 patients attempted IVF in 2021. If clinics created between seven and eight embryos for every patient, that would yield about 1.6 million to 1.9 million over a year. Despite these high numbers, fewer than 100,000 embryos were brought to term, which suggests that somewhere between 1.5 million and 1.8 million embryos created through IVF were never born.

Alternatively, the abortion industry claimed about 985,000 lives from July 2022 through June 2023 — suggesting that the IVF industry could be ending nearly twice as many human lives every year.

The substantial majority of embryos were either intentionally killed or died at some point in the IVF process.

CNN - Trump Supports IVF

Politico - Republicans Support IVF

edit on 3/14/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization - kills between 1.5 to 1.8 million unborn babies a year. Yet pro lifers support it. Abortion kills 985,000 unborn babies a year. Pro lifers are against it. This doesn't make sense. The carnage for IVF, which is forbidden to Catholics by the Catholic church, is through the roof.

A person can't say they are pro life if they support IVF. For every live baby that comes out of IVF, a handful of siblings are dead.

I think it is safe to say those who support 100% zero abortions are also against IVF. I'm also convinced that no one really knows what the whole process is with IVF to make an educated decision one way or the other. You also speak in actuals and your article speaks in approximate guesses.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"A person can't say they are pro life if they support IVF."

Sure they can. Look up "hypocrite".

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry but people are just idiots who claim there is no difference between killing a growing baby and killing some cells. And anyways we aren't talking about killing here. We are talking about killing something vs. something dying in the hands of God which had a CHANCE to grow. If I were dictator of the US, I would allow abortions (if I had to make the compromise and allow ANY AT ALL that is) to the point the baby was grown enough that is had developed a brain which was able to send and receive signals. But there will never be a perfect answer because there are no lines outlining life vs. no life. That's why they LOVE it and make it a HUGE DEAL amongst people, 90% of whom wouldnt even PROBABLY HAVE an opinion if it weren't used as a political weapon.
edit on 14-3-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A person can't say they are pro life if they support IVF.

Sure they can. I know plenty of pro-life people who support the death penalty, civilian casualties in war and sending otherwise innocent, would-be refugees back to their country to be murdered. Not to mention how so many pro-life people also support Medicaid and Medicare cuts, and other cuts to our social safety net programs, that save lives.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Catch22 in 2 directions ♾️

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Difference being, grown Humans had their chances. Unborn deserve a chance. 😀

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, it's all about guilt versus innocence for you, not the sanctity of life.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It will ALWAYS come to one question though as far as the MAIN question goes though of ABORTIONS or NO ABORTIONS. And that will always be, "are girls really too immature to even make this a question which REQUIRES an answer, can they ever just grow up and take responsibility for conception, or will they always treat abortion as one of a long list of contraception methods as in 1. The pill, 2. A condom, 3. Hormone ring, 4. Murder the baby, 5. Diaphragm, etc. Sorry, but the fact that they have every way on earth to NOT conceive but think they'll just kill it when nothing needs to die at all, baby, embryo, clump of cells, whatever. Abortion should be a choice for people who were grown up enough to be HAVING sex but who are one of those tiny percentages of people who took responsibility but conception occurred. Don't think for a SECOND that 99% of all abortions would be stopped if we only took that rare number who tried.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, it's all about guilt versus innocence for you, not the sanctity of life.

You misunderstand on purpose when confronted. You jump leaps and bounds to conclusions never imagined. 😃

It's your failing exit strategy. 🤓

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

And sorry, but it IS INDEED the girl's responsibility because we can't live life taking responsibility for others and it is going to take place ENTIRELY within their bodies so it may not seem like it is equal for the sexes, that's simply how it works. Sorry. At the same time, actually GETTING an abortion SHOULD be required to have both partners consent. But we are ages away from that.
edit on 14-3-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You misunderstand on purpose when confronted.

Nah. I just skip the BS and go straight to the root. For you, a fertilized egg is innocent. But a convicted criminal, or a person who found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time isn't, and is therefore eligible to be condemned to death. The sanctity of life has nothing to do with it.

edit on 1920242024k01America/Chicago2024-03-14T16:01:19-05:0004pm2024-03-14T16:01:19-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In vitro the fertilization is forced in a lab, no uterus needed.

Is just a blob of cells waiting to be implanted if they ever get implanted, soo they never actually grow enough to become a fetus.

Soo technically is not the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What I wanna know is, since frozen embryos are children in Alabama now, will they start opening frozen day care centers and long term care centers for parents who work or want to take a cruise or something, without the children? People should be able to just drop off and deep freeze their children while they take some time for themselves, or work.

edit on 5120242024k16America/Chicago2024-03-14T16:16:51-05:0004pm2024-03-14T16:16:51-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What I wanna know it, since frozen embryos are children in Alabama now, will they start opening frozen day care centers and long term care centers for parents who work or want to take a cruise or something, without the children? People should be able to just drop off and deep freeze their children while they take some time for themselves, or work.

as long as it doesn't get mixed in with the ice cream ♾️💥

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

A person can't say they are pro life if they support IVF.

Sure they can. I know plenty of pro-life people who support the death penalty, civilian casualties in war and sending otherwise innocent, would-be refugees back to their country to be murdered. Not to mention how so many pro-life people also support Medicaid and Medicare cuts, and other cuts to our social safety net programs, that save lives.

Nice generalization of about 10 topics that have nothing to do with IVF.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm wondering what the long term considerations and consequences IVF will bring in the future.
I can imagine it will become a popular way to begin the pregnancy process. And then the moral and ethical debate will really begin. And it might notnbe that far off in the future.

I have to dig a little, what exactly makes IVF killing babies, as in the same way pro lifers view abortion as killing babies.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Tell me which is better: I pass a man drowning in a freezing lake. Should I do nothing? He won't live without my assistance. If I do decide to help, and he dies, is that the same as not helping at all? There's your argument. Christians support the attempt at creating life more than an attempt at ending one. Big mystery huh? I cant believe this needs to be explained to an adult, though you were like 12 it would make more sense. Additionally, show me your source for "pro lifers support it." I have a sneaking suspicion you just made that up.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Another insipid argument. If the embryo murdered someone in cold blood, I'm quite sure Christians would support justice. Let me know when that happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
IVF also makes families who otherwise couldn’t become one.

Abortions happen when a couple or single people don’t want kids. It would be a shame to see a kid grow up with parents who didn’t want them.

IVF is sought by people who not only want them, but have the means to spend a lot on getting them. Probably going to be a good family. But of course a lot of people want the government to step in where there is no heartbeat and say these people are murderers. More regulation, because right now the biggest threat to the country is people who are well off and want a family. Not the economy or other things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join