It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Pi day everyone!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. Sounds like a politician's cream dream don't it. 😀

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow, but when i was in Highschool in the 80s, it was probably lower. a reply to: SchrodingersRat

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Around Chicago, "Pi" day is celebrated with big sales on PIZZA!

Yum: www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

3.14159265358979323846… FOREVER !

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The furthest I care to remember is 3.1416
3.14 works just fine for my trade though.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Did you recite all of that from memory?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Around Chicago, "Pi" day is celebrated with big sales on PIZZA!

Yum: www.nbcchicago.com...

Ironically, it's today!! guammba 😀

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

No I just Imagined it . Oh , and how about giving some Love for the Mandelbrot Set Too !

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thank you. Just got a piece from the wife.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Why was this thread moved to General Chit Chat ffs?!?

The OP was indicative of a larger issue re: education in our schools today and DEI.

Is that "General Chit Chat"?

C'mon man!

Go see who moved it and you’ll have your answer.

I did. We discussed it. It's back where it belongs.

I love this place!

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Yesterday, at the 7/11, the 20 something y/o cashier dude didn't know what Pi is. Pizzas are $3.14 there today. He thought it was for 7/11's birthday. He gave me a blank look when I said "it has nothing to do with pi? you know three point one four?

Sad.

Amazing, but sad.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Thank you. Just got a piece from the wife.

OK....now you're just bragging.

Did she feed you too?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   

My old platoon sergeant told me math is wrong because pie r round, not squared ...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Could've copied and pasted from a search. If you did that from memory it's impressive. Like I said, 3.14 is good enough for my applications.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WannabeeAuCourant

Could've copied and pasted from a search. If you did that from memory it's impressive. Like I said, 3.14 is good enough for my applications.

I am Good at Math , it was Drilled into me at an early Age .

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My company ordered 5 large pies for everyone to enjoy.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   
For most winding rivers of the Earth, if you take the total distance of a river and divide into it the distance the end is from the source, the average number seems to be 3.14, the average sinuosity of a river.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Here is the simple but unpalatable truth. Approximately 63% of the population doesn't know the commonly used numerical value of Pi. The 63rd percentile of the population corresponds to an IQ of 105. Essentially what this means is that you need an IQ of around 105 or greater to operate with mathematics often enough and skillfully enough to remember what the concept of Pi means and what its approximate numerical value is--assuming you were taught that information in the first place.

This has nothing to do with whether or not kids take DEI classes; you simply have to have an above average IQ to be good at math.

This is a really long way of saying education isn't failing because of DEI, but instead average intelligence is falling.

Source for literally everything you're claiming and how you're pinning Pi to a specific IQ. Nonsense. You don't need a 106 IQ or a job using Pi to remember it.

Remember, COVID vax fan, correlation isn't causation.

Education is failing. DEI isn't just something taught in the schools, it's used to excuse the horrible performance of a -very Democrat controlled- education system pushed from the top down. They had to begin teaching it too, because if kids aren't indoctrinated into these beliefs then they may blame their lack of education on the people paid to provide it rather than imaginary boogiemen lurking in "systemic" oppression.

It's infested with an ideology of excuses for everything. DEI policy and education in schools is just a bandaid to cover for how bad ultra-liberal control of urban centers has been for the disadvantaged. Essentially you're blaming it on the kids and support letting them graduate without the education that our tax dollars pay for.

Just one more in a series of excuses over the decades. Now it's so bad that the brilliant new solution is to stop policing the already devastated poor neighborhoods, stop prosecuting violent crimes, and then blame everything that goes wrong on imaginary racists in other states.

If you really believe what you're saying then you must be a real brainiac, steeped deeply in academic fart-huffing. I think you should all go live in the poorest sections of cities and see how that's working out from the ground level. Then imagine you were born there. Instead of an education and a safe community, you got excuses while the party of the people sent trillions of dollars into the ether for more wars. This is while flooding already stressed low income housing/education with millions of people displaced by those banker wars. Democrats have been all in on war and corporate profiteering for over two decades.

The entire DNC platform is just smoke and mirrors now. Neocons wrapped in a PRIDE flag, that's why they have filled the military and corporate boards up with DEI... they're all in on war and corporate profiteering. That's why they have the authoritarian need to control every media outlet and constantly violate the 1st amendment by proxy. Too many threads to pull on their lies about how great things are going for the little people

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

ahhhh so it was about the math. I honestly thought it was about pies of pizza as I got two large pizzas at 7 eleven for $3.14 each. Taco bell also had 3.14 mexican pizzas that day. Suffice to say, we had pizza for dinner.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join