It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEI and the NIH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.wsj.com...

Posted for your consideration.

All I can say is that this article leaves me in no wonder that so many Americans have lost faith and trust in so many institutions and industries. God forbid you fall ill and need a doctor or find yourself or a loved one in the hospital.

And of course, there's the fracturing of society to be considered.

Then there's the very real fact that these policies end up hurting everyone, including the minorities the Leftists seek remedies for. Will they ever learn?

Honestly, considering their blatant disregard for all people's welfare, this DEI movement is beginning to resemble a "burn the house down" agenda.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

Then if you ask the "scientific community", all of their research and everything they do is completely unbiased and true.

Even though they, according to the article, don't get hired as a researcher in certain instances unless they do in fact have a significant racial bias.

Given the biological discrepancies in racial makeup that have been documented before the introduction of institutionalized clown worlding, I wonder how many research findings and discoveries have been washed out and tainted/altered in the name of "muh equity".....

Just some food for thought.
edit on 13-3-2024 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

My thoughts are that the average person does not understand what dei and affirmative action are. The bleeding heart people who are very well meaning do not get me wrong, well meaning nice people think it means equality for all but what it really means is discrimination.

TPTB purposely make it seem like they are trying to be fair and equitable and use language to mislead the dumb masses into buying it.

Think about it, if we cut the flowery language and explain it to a layperson as if you might have cancer, your doctor is not the best oncologist but he does have a certain skin color or certain political bent or belief in an ideology so that is why he got the job, even though other candidates are better qualified yet controversial. To a dying person does any of that matter? No. They want the best care possible, not well sorry you died but we feel good! Same way with the people hired based on these metrics. Do you really think anybody feels good knowing they got their job for paying lip service to an ideology or having a certain skin color but really someone else should have gotten it because they were more qualified?
edit on 13-3-2024 by Shoshanna because: Can't spell

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can't help but think about the television show, MASH.

Doctor's have historically been "out there." They are smart and necessary, and certain allowances were made because they save lives; which is more important than a compliant personality. At least it used to be.

edit on 3/13/2024 by Dapaga because: needed an "a"

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Do you really think anybody feels good knowing they got their job for paying lip service to an ideology or having a certain skin color but really someone else should have gotten it because they were more qualified?

Yes; the ones who got the job. Look no furtherthan our VP for proof.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The next administration needs to put an end to all of this. Its crazy what businesses are dealing with and you cant say anything about it or against it or you are attacked or possibly put your own job in jeopardy. Companies now have people on staff that their main job focus is DEI and there are software packages out there for purchasing that can filter out non minority owned businesses in order for you to find minority owned businesses to work with.

I personally have never cared who owned a store or a business. I just want to know who has what I need at the price I want to pay. Thats it. I could give two #s who owns a company but now with all this going on, now I do care. The sad thing for the DEI people is that I care the other way. They are hurting their own movement. I will purposely avoid companies that are openly trying to steer people to products and services like this. Not because I am racist, but because I dont like them trying to discriminate against other businesses.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's exactly that , IMO, to crumble/destroy the US from within. That's the purpose, and why it's only pushed in 1st world nations: to bring down all 1st world nations.
Why? In order to 'come to the rescue' with their psychopatic 'great reset' that will only benefit the corrupt 1%.

I personally have not seen this DEI agenda being pushed in any 2nd or 3rd world countries.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"It's easier to drag somebody down than it is to lift somebody up"
-some scholar

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ethnicity is important when investigating proper diet and medicine use. Ethnic diversities need to be considered for health and nutrition, and especially use of many medicines. If all of the people are trained by the same nutrition standards and improper research for an ethnic group, then there can be problems with the diet and medicine use.

Black people will have a better evaluation of side effects of medicines deemed safe and effective for white people. Even the Mediteranian diet can be wrong for far northern European people. Each ethnic group will have differences because of historic ancestral eating habits leading to differences in physiology. Fish from warm seas has more histamine than fish from cold seas because of it's environment, that might hurt some people if they eat it. Same goes for medicines, a White person evaluating evidence might have a false belief that that evidence applies to all races and ethnicities. I am a Finn, and I sure cannot eat all the foods that Italians eat....same goes for medicines, medical research should be evaluated by the proper thinking people for that group of people.

We are different, our metabolism varies even within the White population...one size does not fit all

I am not so pleased with the actions of the DEI though, because color does not necessarily have anything to do with this subject. Even black people from Africa can have different epigenetic traits which make it complex in evaluating medicines side effects and effectiveness.

So, I just usually stay out of this subject, I cannot evaluate proper diet for someone who is different than me and I understand that the medicines I cannot proprly detox and can harm me are perfectly safe for another ancestral group of people.

Doctors used to be better years ago at predicting if someone was going to be intolerant to a medicine, but in the last twenty years or more, they have been taught more to believe in the pharma companies and people at the top saying everyone has to eat healthier...bias because they don't consider things properly. I personally would rather have a far northern European doctor than a doctor who is not familiar with health of people from that area of the world. Can a black doctor comprehend the differences between a white northern European or Native American when that doctor can not experience those symptoms...same with the role being reversed. A black doctor might better prescribe medicines for black people and listen to their side effects better than a white doctor will...because he grew up with that group. A doctor from Italy who grew up with their diet cannot evaluate a Swedes problems either as well as a Swedish doctor could. Especially with side effects of meds.

I think this line of thinking they are trying to promote is good, but people cannot fathom things some time that they cannot experience themselves. Our evaluation of things is based on beliefs we hold. I cannot comprehend the diet of hispanic people because I cannot metabolize it like they can...it can give me problems. Take this up a level to doctors treating patients.....how can a doctor comprehend something that they cannot or never have experienced?

As long as this NIH does not get "Woke" it won't be a problem, but it seems like this Woke crap has gotten way messed up these days. Train more doctors with diverse ethnicity to treat people similar to them. There are a lot of smart black people, they can be trained to help take care of people they can relate to better and they have something more in common with their ancestral eating habits through living with them and experiencing the same possible side effects they are seeing.

I would rather have a yooper doctor than a person who is not from around here, in five generations epigenetic changes can vary a lot too, metabolism evolves to the environment.

Well, if my response is off topic, it is probably all off topic. I read the article...which is not appropriately explained well....and I think I know what they might be talking about...but who knows, those people at the top are good at acquiring money, not helping people.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"Train more doctors with diverse ethnicity to treat people similar to them."

That would be great if they did that. But they don't. They refuse to assign doctors by race or ethnicity, unless of course, if the patient is,black. So, there's a better than even chance the white patient is assigned a doctor or nurse who hates white people.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You're DEI future awaits you, bwhahaha!

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"It's easier to drag somebody down than it is to lift somebody up"
-some scholar

"It is easier to keep the masses distracted, then to explain your actions."

-some politician.

top topics

join