It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Referendum Shows Which Politicians Are Clueless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This video shows the mood of the moment.

Into this mood the Irish government thought they could drastically change family values with a simple vote.

The referendums proposing changes to the constitutional definition of family and on the issue of care were comprehensively defeated on Saturday, with the latter rejected by a record margin.
. . . More than 67 per cent of voters opposed the family amendment, while almost 74 per cent rejected the proposed changes to care – the highest ever No vote in an Irish referendum.
www.irishtimes.com...

Chief Varadkar was confidently completely wrong.

The Irish Freedom Party say -

It's a clear statement that we've had enough of weirdo Transsexual indoctrination of our kids, mass immigration into our country, and Uniparty instruction.

It's concerning how lost and out of touch many of the Irish politicians seem to be. I recall a few years back some British politicians were calling for drug testing in the workplace. A senior policeman said 'Yes! It's a very good idea, we'll start with the workplace known as the Houses of Parliament.' The idea was very quickly dropped. Could it be the ridiculously out of touch politicians are suffering from delusions brought on by substance abuse? Or are they really just naturally that way?

I'm hoping an Irish ATS member is going to tell us where this may be going.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This will be about the Muslim immigrants with multiple wife's.The new Irish family unit.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

i'm fairly certain that all politicians world wide are clueless.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Varadkar was trying to shape Ireland in his own image but the Irish people are a people of tradition and family values who won't by pushed into change for the sake of change.

Good for them for voting against these changes , now they have to stop their government filling their island with migrants which is another hot topic over there.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i'm fairly certain that all politicians world wide are clueless.

"They" were employed to forward and support an agenda which is why they got the job in the first place perhaps.

Actually doing the thinking beyond their masters and mistresses was never part of the plan because they had no idea that the majority of people are fed up with being herded CAN have a voice of their own and valid opinions based on more than instructions or predicted reactions. A voice and stance which "they" have no idea how to react to.

Tony Blair was the first one I noticed with this problem when he would just stand there with a fixed grin when being confronted with the reality that he wasn't talking to Muppets.

The politicians to trust best are those who remain convivial and pay attention to the words of their employers, The People. They are also prepared to engage in discussion because they are open to influence unlike the agendamongers.
edit on 10/3/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Ireland is lost.

new topics

top topics

join