It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media bashing Boeing again.777 200 wheel came off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And now people can lose their minds over a 17.5 year old 737-800 that had a cargo door partially open on landing for Alaska.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
And now people can lose their minds over a 17.5 year old 737-800 that had a cargo door partially open on landing for Alaska.

I read about that this morning but at the time there was very little detail. I'm guessing it happened during or after landing. The flight crew was't even aware.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

All indications are that it was. There was no door warning, and the aircraft pressurized, so it was closed during flight. They replaced a spring after it landed.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And now, a United Airbus A320 loses hydraulics and diverts to LAX on the way to MEX. It's been a rough week for UA in the press.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

And yet the fact that it’s an Airbus gets ignored.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Though no one gives credit to Boeing for the b52.

It is a case of whether maintenance contractors are doing a proper job.

I imagine in the service field for technicians in the aviation industry, is probably the same as trying to find a great mechanic to work on your car.

There’s good and there’s crap ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All i said is that wheels falling off planes does not look good for them Zaphod58.

I'm not screaming "BOEING" repeatedly anything.

I suppose the media are doing so beacuse wheels falling off raises it an eyebrow or two given recent events.

Scores of people use planes as a means of transportation every day that dont necessarily "know crap about aviation".

As far as im aware flying is the safest form of travel even if it does not feel intuitively true.

That being said, wheels falling off, simply does not inspire confidence, or any other part of the plane for that matter.

edit on 9-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join