It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing legend Mike Tyson to face off against Jake Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I had to laugh my ass off at this

Jake Paul of Youtube has made a bit of a name for himself as a boxer, but this time he's bit off more than he can chew. Sure, he's 20 years younger, but this is Iron Mike. I know we have some folks here who do MMA and all that, but the question is, even at 57 years old, would YOU step in the ring with him ?

www.foxnews.com...

Mike Tyson, one of the greatest fighters to ever step into the boxing ring, will do so again this summer when he takes on one of the sport's most polarizing new faces in what will surely be the most anticipated sporting event of the year.

Jake Paul, a YouTube star-turned boxer, will take on the former heavyweight boxing champion on July 20 at the Dallas Cowboys' home, AT&T Stadium, in a match that will be streamed exclusively on Netflix.

edit on 7-3-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Omg WHY!

Well I guess I know.
They are trying anything to make Paul relevant in Boxing.
Plus the payday must be astronomical for Tyson

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe1982

I can just hear the contract being negotiated : Mike, don't kill him in 30 seconds and you'll get X millions.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe1982

Omg WHY!

Well I guess I know.
They are trying anything to make Paul relevant in Boxing.
Plus the payday must be astronomical for Tyson

YES ....WHY

Either way hope Mike takes him OUT ........even at 57

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just remember, "everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The man still scares me.

Have you seen his recent sparring video.

Paul can’t be that stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The man still scares me.

Have you seen his recent sparring video.

Paul can’t be that stupid.

Bread and circus for the masses; like the super bowl....

I'll watch it....
edit on 7-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If there was ever a time for Mike to have flashbacks and go off the rails during a fight, it'd be this one. Jake Paul is unsufferable.

By the way, this is a video of Mike training last year. Still scary as hell.

edit on 731Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:45:49 -0600America/Chicago33101pm2024-03-07T13:45:49-06:00k by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Haha exactly!

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

But there will probably be a no round 1 ko clause in the contract lol
And A 1 million dollar, per round carry bonus haha

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure you are right about that lol

This would be the time he should bite someones ear off hahaha

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think it will be a good fight.

Jake Paul is a pretty good boxer. He only catches crap because he started as a YouTuber. If all people knew about him was what he did in the ring, no one would criticize him.

But on the other hand, Tyson is still Tyson. And he's been training hard the 2 years or so since he unretired.

It should be fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I hope we see the Tyson, we see in the short training posts.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The production value of this "show" produced by Netflix should be great. The Problem Child vs. Iron Mike...
Many folks will sign up for Netflix just to see this fine pugilistic spectacular. Perhaps they can get Taylor to attend for even more media attention and sex appeal and get Pavlov's dog to perform some tricks.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If we saw that Tyson...Jake Paul would Ko''ed in seconds. I doubt that will happen. There is also the huge age difference and Tysons health. This will be an exhibition match for $$$$$ lauded as a real bout.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, I learnt something looking into this, because of the age difference. Until now, I thought it was George Froman who was the oldest boxer to hold a title.... nope it is now a chap called Bernard Hopkins! Well, well, well. I missed a few years of boxing since it was taken off TV.

Three years later, Hopkins defeated Jean Pascal for the WBC and lineal light heavyweight titles,[10] as well as regaining the Ring title. This made Hopkins the oldest boxer in history to win a world championship, at the age of 46, breaking George Foreman's record set in 1994. Hopkins later broke his own record by winning the IBF light heavyweight title from Tavoris Cloud in 2013, and again in 2014 when he won the WBA (Super) title from Beibut Shumenov,at ages 48 and 49, respectively

Bolded part mine.
Wiki Link about him
I'll have to watch this with my son as I don't have Netflix.
Rainbows
Jane
edit on pm33America/ChicagoThursday2024-03-07T15:38:45-06:0003America/Chicago03000000 by angelchemuel because: I forgot to add the link

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Personally hope that despite any contractual clauses Iron Mike goes rogue and absolutely decimates Fake Paul.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Gimme a BREAK! GO MIKE! I LOVE everything ABOUT Mike Tyson! The short temper, the strength, the boxing, the voice, the humor...he is just awesome!
edit on 7-3-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Have you seen the clip of tyson training for this from the Rohan podcast?!?! I would be s%&*ing myself if I was Jake...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join