It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Newton predicted the 'end of the world' will happen in 2060!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: quintessentone

Imagine trying to have a conversation with him. I bet it would have been frustrating.

For sure, but aren't all conversations with geniuses difficult, no matter if they consider you their equal or not, which BTW I think Newton may have had issues with considering anybody to be his intellectual equal (and maybe he was right for that time, who knows?)?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

He was deeply religious and he feared God as you said. He regarded the prophecies as events that haven't happened yet but will definitely happen in the future based on the apocalypse in the Bible. So far Newton has been proven wrong and most likely nothing will happen in 2060. Newton just like so many others were influenced by Christianity without understanding the kind of nonsense they believed.

edit on 7-3-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When 2012 didn't happen I lost all faith in any prediction I think they miss translated the Mayan one , Now I'm waiting on Edgar Casey's 2 volcano's to erupt .

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The 2060 prediction lines up with this ex-Google officers prediction about A.I.

youtu.be...

It's a 2 hour long conversation about where we are as humans in the age of machines and the immediate and long-term threats of A.I.

2027 - 2060 is going to be very weird, so it's best to enjoy life as it is while you can before it all changes forever.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

He was deeply religious and he feared God as you said. He regarded the prophecies as events that haven't happened yet but will definitely happen in the future based on the apocalypse in the Bible. So far Newton has been proven wrong and most likely nothing will happen in 2060. Newton just like so many others were influenced by Christianity without understanding the kind of nonsense they believed.

You speak as a person dominated by the flesh. The things pertaining to the spirit are foolishness in their eyes. This foolishness which you speak of is saving the believers, as we are told:

"For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.”  Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing."-1 Corinthians 1:18-21.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat

2027 - 2060 is going to be very weird, so it's best to enjoy life as it is while you can before it all changes forever.

Will there still be Bourbon and Cigars? Asking for a friend....

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

You speak as a person dominated by the flesh. The things pertaining to the spirit are foolishness in their eyes. This foolishness which you speak of is saving the believers, as we are told:

"For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.”  Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing."-1 Corinthians 1:18-21.

Is it foolish not to believe in some bronze age ideologies/religions and not to take seriously the 'word of God's as described in the 'holy books'.

I remember saying on another thread that using the Bible to argue about the Bible and Christianity results in circular arguments.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
When 2012 didn't happen I lost all faith in any prediction I think they miss translated the Mayan one , Now I'm waiting on Edgar Casey's 2 volcano's to erupt .

Do you remember how obsessed some people became with the 2012 'end of days' prophecy?!

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Is it foolish not to believe in some bronze age ideologies/religions and not to take seriously the 'word of God's as described in the 'holy books'.

I remember saying on another thread that using the Bible to argue about the Bible and Christianity results in circular arguments.

Just because you said it doesn't make it so.

God's word is a cleansing bath that sanctifies one before God. It is a mirror reflecting to you your true self. It is alive and exerts power and is sharper than a two-edged sword and is able to penetrate to the marrow, discerning thoughts and intentions of the heart. It is taking all thoughts into captivity and making them subject to the Christ. It gives to the inexperienced one knowledge, and to the one with thinking ability it makes him wise. God's word can give a young one wisdom greater than all the wisdom of the intellectuals of the world.

God's wisdom is so vastly different that what you consider wisdom. For the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, that is pure both in thought and action. It is peaceable. It is full of good fruit and love.

The intellectuals of the world have sent man to the moon but they have not solved the problems of corruption, war, hatred, violence, crime, destitution, poverty.

God's wisdom solves all of these things and is vastly superior to all human knowledge. For in all of God's word what we learn is to love God with all our heart mind and soul and strength. With our very being. And to love our neighbor as ourselves, because on all the words of the Law and the prophets hang these things. And against love there is no law formed.

God is the one teaching the nations and giving us counsel. Listen to him and live by his words and live.

Just as there are fundamental laws of the universe that cannot be ignored without consequence (you can't jump off a mountain top and expect not to fall to your death because of the law of gravity) so there are moral laws of the universe which man thinks in his ignorance he can ignore without suffering the consequences. The rejection of God and his word is the rejection of sanity. And you will pay the ultimate price. From dust you are and to dust you will return. But friends of God will live forever.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

God's word is a cleansing bath that sanctifies one before God. It is a mirror reflecting to you your true self. It is alive and exerts power and is sharper than a two-edged sword and is able to penetrate to the marrow, discerning thoughts and intentions of the heart. It is taking all thoughts into captivity and making them subject to the Christ. It gives to the inexperienced one knowledge, and to the one with thinking ability it makes him wise. God's word can give a young one wisdom greater than all the wisdom of the intellectuals of the world.

God's wisdom is so vastly different that what you consider wisdom. For the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, that is pure both in thought and action. It is peaceable. It is full of good fruit and love.

The intellectuals of the world have sent man to the moon but they have not solved the problems of corruption, war, hatred, violence, crime, destitution, poverty.

God's wisdom solves all of these things and is vastly superior to all human knowledge. For in all of God's word what we learn is to love God with all our heart mind and soul and strength. With our very being. And to love our neighbor as ourselves, because on all the words of the Law and the prophets hang these things. And against love there is no law formed.

God is the one teaching the nations and giving us counsel. Listen to him and live by his words and live.

Just as there are fundamental laws of the universe that cannot be ignored without consequence (you can't jump off a mountain top and expect not to fall to your death because of the law of gravity) so there are moral laws of the universe which man thinks in his ignorance he can ignore without suffering the consequences. The rejection of God and his word is the rejection of sanity. And you will pay the ultimate price. From dust you are and to dust you will return. But friends of God will live forever.

You do understand what a circular argument is I suppose. So why are you using the Bible to argue about the Bible and Christianity?

The intellectuals of the world have sent man to the moon but they are not supposed to figure out the problem of corruption, war, poverty, and the rest of the problems you mentioned. Nor they are able to do so even if they wanted it to happen. You need to take into account human nature.

The universe doesn't care that much what we do. Either corrupt or not, good or bad, we are just a species that will extinct in the future and we will probably leave no much trace and when and if others come around they will probably find nothing as if we never existed.

We are a species of no importance despite all the attempts from the system to convince us we are at the center of the universe and we are do special and unique.

Newton was wrong in his beliefs. But if he was around he would have been an ATS member (most probably) and interested in UFOs and Aliens/Alien Abductions.
edit on 7-3-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You do understand what a circular argument is I suppose. So why are using the Bible to argue about the Bible and Christianity?

The intellectuals of the world have sent man to the moon but they are not supposed to figure out the problem of corruption, war, poverty, and the rest of the problems you mentioned. Nor they are able to do so even if they wanted it to happen. You need to take into account human nature.

The universe doesn't care that much what we do. Either corrupt or not, good or bad, we are just a species that will extinct in the future and we will probably leave no much trace and when and if others come around they will probably find nothing as if we never existed.

God's word takes into account human nature. Jehovah himself said that man thinks only bad thoughts from his youth up because of sin:

“Never again will I curse the ground on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up."-Genesis 8:21.

It shows us the curse of sin and shows us the liberation of that sin is in the ransom of Jesus Christ. Because God knows this about the fallen nature of man we are told to take comfort because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things:

"By this we will know that we originate with the truth, and we will assure our hearts before him regarding whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things."-1 John 3:19-20.

The Bible is the inspired word of God. It is trustworthy. And because it was moved by his holy spirit, he speaks to us by means of his word. His holy spirit is at work when you read it. Even now his holy spirit is at operation when you read these words. It is God speaking to you for he says:

"“‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope. And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.’"-Jeremiah 29:11-12.

Allow yourself to hear the words of God, listen to him speak. If not now, when you are at rest and pondering over these things.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Great post!!

Thanks for the info and the effort in putting it together.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Send up a flare on that date and remind us all of this thread.

Should be fun for you guys.

With my lifestyle, there is absolutely no way I'll still be here to see it. But that's OK. Because between now and my final day, I'll be laughing, hanging with good people and practicing all manner of fun debauchery.

It's like my Mom always said - we all only get one walk through the garden.

One.

Make it count.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

My wife will be sleeping in a tank top tonight.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Great post!!

Thanks for the info and the effort in putting it together.

That's just copy pasting passages from the Bible. Nothing special to be honest.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Send up a flare on that date and remind us all of this thread.

Should be fun for you guys.

With my lifestyle, there is absolutely no way I'll still be here to see it. But that's OK. Because between now and my final day, I'll be laughing, hanging with good people and practicing all manner of fun debauchery.

It's like my Mom always said - we all only get one walk through the garden.

One.

Make it count.

The chances are effectively zero the second coming will happen in 2060. There is no much evidence Jesus existed in the first place but all prophecies by their nature are doomed and they always fail to predict whatever they have claimed will happen in the future.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Is it really? I mean do you think the Bible is the literal word of God?

Maybe it was created by humans?

You know the world was created in six days according to the Bible. Is this true?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And I predict two boobs hanging out.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   

God's word takes into account human nature. Jehovah himself said that man thinks only bad thoughts from his youth up because of sin:

“Never again will I curse the ground on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up."-Genesis 8:21.

It shows us the curse of sin and shows us the liberation of that sin is in the ransom of Jesus Christ. Because God knows this about the fallen nature of man we are told to take comfort because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things:

... Allow yourself to hear the words of God, listen to him speak

What if you are just leading people to their own death with your bias? You must realize Judaism itself rejects the concept of original sin! The scripture clearly states from youth (naur) not from birth (yeled). It does not even mention sin. A child is born with an empty mind that can hold no concept of sin. Its only when we enter our teens that we seek sensational desires (apple). Jesus himself said "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.".

Don't you think its strange that Jesus never taught original sin. That teaching comes from 5th century theologian Augustine of Hippo. That did not comprehend Greek, so misunderstood the nuances of Greek when Paul stated its the mortality that we inherit from Adam not sin.

Its not Jesus death, but his path, that results in salvation. A path we all must walk. The last of those that walked the path of Jesus were probably the Beguines and Beghards that were condemned by the Council of Vienne as heretics. Some of the greatest Christian spiritualist (Marguerite Porete etc) came from those communities.

Be one of the few, not 144000, that make it through the narrow gate. 144000 is symbolic of something that only the cleansed need to know.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Jehovah would not allow a people to bear his name if he did not have confidence in them that they would speak was is truthful about him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join