It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Lincoln's funeral is the stuff of a horror movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

That's a lot of unnecessary work for a guy who only freed slaves (in states that bordered the Mason-Dixon Line) in an attempt to win a war. A guy who imprisoned one of his Captains for asking permission to allow former slaves to fight for the Union. A guy who said blacks and whites weren't allowed to interbreed or intermingle and blacks should never hold a political office. A guy who planned to repatriate all black people or send them to Indian territory and South America. The man who stopped the repatriation and resettlement got fire set to the barn he was in and died by a shot in the neck before he was tied to a carriage and tossed in a storage room at the Arsenal Penitentiary in DC.
edit on 6-3-2024 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Personally, all your arguments are incomprehensible to me. I just want to ask, would it be easier to make a glass window in the coffin instead of opening it so many times to make sure the president is there?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Personally, all your arguments are incomprehensible to me. I just want to ask, would it be easier to make a glass window in the coffin instead of opening it so many times to make sure the president is there?

If you knew his history, it wouldn't be incomprehensible. Just put him in the ground like others and leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't want to see any more Lincoln films lol

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
For me, the strangest thing about Lincoln's death was a dream he had and about a week later described to a group of White House guests as well as his wife and a body guard named Ward Hill Lamon...

One night, after going to sleep, Lincoln dreamed that he awakened to the sound of people crying. In the dream, He went from room to room trying to locate the sounds:

Finally Lincoln walked into the East Room of the White House where he saw a dead body, covered in a shroud, laying on a raised platform as though ready for burial. Before the corpse an honor guard stood at attention. Filling the room was a large group of mourners, some weeping, others gazing solemnly at the deceased.

In his dream Lincoln approached a soldier and asked who was this person laying in state at the White House. The soldier replied, “the President, he was killed by an assassin.” And with that a great cry arose from the mourners in the room and a startled Lincoln awoke from his sleep.

LINK

Three days later, on April 14, 1865, Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes booth. He died the next day.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"I live about half an hour from the train route that the Lincoln funeral train took and I have thought about staking out the tracks at night when the funeral train would have gone by, on the anniversary, to see if I could see the funeral train. But I never have"

Wow you lived that close to the Lincoln funeral train tracks and you have never stacked it out in 50 years?? I think I would have been there every single year looking for that ghost train

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I would also surmise that Without Mass Media Coverage back then the American People wanted to see with their Own Eyes that President Lincoln was Actually Dead by Viewing the Body in Person .

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Joe Biden's funeral will be much worse. I can see him coming back to life, sprouting a pair of horns and fangs, then feed on the funeral party.

Lincoln's does look pretty morbid however, like how Dr. Frankenstein sent people out to find him parts for his project.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Everytime someone has tried to institute change in the dollar someone dies.a reply to: RussianTroll

top topics

<< 1   >>

join