It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Lincoln's funeral is the stuff of a horror movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hello ATS!

Quite by chance, I came across the story of the funeral of one of the most famous American presidents, Abraham Lincoln, who won the Civil War. It's strange that Hollywood passed up this story; it would have made a great horror film.

So.

Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) was the 16th President of the United States. Under him, the country experienced a split into North and South, the Civil War and the abolition of slavery, which was very painfully received in the southern states.

Lincoln himself was shot by a Southern sympathizer while still in office, an egregious event.
His life and work are very interesting, but I will not consider them here.

I'll tell you what struck me about the information about Lincoln's burial. I didn’t know this, simply because I was never interested in the topic, not expecting a catch in it. And today I accidentally found out and decided that you should also join in on this... I don’t know what to call it.

Really, the Americans seemed to like burying him and burying him and burying him...

Elements of tin, in my humble opinion, began to be present there immediately.

Lincoln and his wife, a lady from a wealthy family, but who had strong oddities (she was later treated in a mental hospital), had 4 sons. Of these sons, only the eldest lived to adulthood and died in 1926. The three remaining sons died small or young: in 1850, in 1862 and in 1871.
So here it is.

When Lincoln was first prepared for the funeral for three weeks, and then they said goodbye and were taken through 7 states to the burial place...
...along with him were the remains of his son, who had died 3 years earlier, in 1862, dug up for such a cause!
The child's name was Willie (William), and he died suddenly of typhus. He was 12 years old.

The first question I had was why?
The second question is why didn’t they dig up the first dead son at the same time?
In general, there were certain considerations... Thanks to which the child who died three years ago was dug up and transported throughout the country along with his deceased father. It is clear that they decided to put them together. But... the chosen form of implementation seems unusual to me, to put it mildly.

The son, who died in 1850, by the way, then, also in 1865, was buried with his father, but somehow they did it all more carefully. More modest...
The next son, who died in 1871, was also placed there:
But the son who died as an adult, and actually buried the whole family (the mother of the family constantly withdrew due to worries), rests separately. And I understand him.

Lincoln himself was first moved from place to place 14 times before the funeral itself.
They will put you in one public place, then in another. Now in one city, then in the next...
Everywhere crowds of people said goodbye to him, and this is not even counting the crowds that stood along the route of the train with the remains of the president.
Regarding the general location of his burial, there were long, grueling discussions with his widow, who was not herself in life.

She wanted him to be buried in Washington or Chicago. His political comrades wanted to bury him in Illinois, in Springfield, where his political career began.
In the end, she agreed to Springfield, but on the condition that Willie would be taken there (why only Willie, for that matter???)

A good location was chosen in Springfield (after receiving her consent), and a crypt was quickly built at a huge cost.
And now they have already built it, the train is already bringing Lincoln to his resting place... When suddenly something hits his wife’s head, and she remembers that Lincoln liked a certain rural cemetery in another place (near Springfield). And she categorically states that she is against burial in a place where a crypt has already been built.

They began to build a tomb in this other place, but the widow still could not calm down and began to threaten that she would change her mind about burying her husband there, and would demand Washington or Chicago...

In general, everyone was once again nervous. By the way, the first tomb was also completed, in case the lady changed her mind again.
They buried him in the second place, but everything was built in haste, so he was later moved to storage.

In 1871 the coffin was replaced. It was wooden - it became iron. And all this was moved to a new place.

In 1874 he was reburied there in an already permanent building. In a marble sarcophagus. At the same time, the iron coffin was changed again to a wooden one.

In 1876, they tried to steal his coffin to extort money. The sarcophagus was opened, the coffin was pulled out a little, but the structure turned out to be too heavy.

The coffin was put back into the sarcophagus, which was sealed.

Continued below...

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That same year, the tomb was flooded, and the caretakers moved the heavy coffin to a certain basement and disguised it there as firewood. Moreover, they didn’t immediately move it to a new place, but carried it here and there, choosing a better place. Apparently, for this purpose it was necessary to carry the coffin with you.

In 1877 they wanted to get him out of the basement, but they couldn’t. Due to radiculitis and the venerable age of enthusiasts.

In 1878, they decided to hire younger movers, pulled the coffin out of the basement and buried it in some underground corridors.

A couple of days later they dug it up to see if it was still there...

To be honest, it's kind of a madhouse...

In 1880, these people decided to create a secret society of guardians of Lincoln's remains. Which was still lying shallowly buried in the underground corridor in the cemetery.

In 1882, Lincoln's wife died and was buried there.

In 1887, they were both dug up and placed in a new brick crypt. But at the same time, the coffin with Lincoln was pulled out additionally and opened - for identification (???)

Then both coffins were filled with cement.

In 1900, they decided to restore the crypt. Lincoln was again pulled out and placed in a marble sarcophagus.

Then they decided to hide him more securely - in an iron cage and concrete. Why did they pull him out again in 1901? They pulled him out and decided to see if the president was still there? Therefore, they opened the coffin once again and looked - the president was in place.

Then they reconstructed the tomb again. Already in 1930-31, and again they pulled out poor Lincoln and looked to see if he was still there...

In general, in total he was pulled out 5 times to look, and, as I already said, he was dragged from place to place 17 times around the tomb. I may not have listed everything, but the general picture is clear.

You know, dear members of the ATS, I have always been interested in the tradition of the US colony of such a state as Poland. They endlessly dig up Kaczynski from the grave of their president, who died in a plane crash near Smolensk. In Poland there is even a proverb: “In any unclear situation, dig out Kaczynski.” But now I know the origins of this phenomenon))))

And I give Hollywood an idea for a script for filming a horror film, absolutely free.)))

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sounds like he was a real public hero to have so many people attend his funeral.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

There is a theory that Lincoln was killed because he, together with the Russian Emperor Alexander 2, wanted to create a global bank as a counterweight to the Rothschild Fed. In principle, JFK was also killed for this.
edit on 6-3-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of Lincoln and have read a lot about him. I've been to Gettysburg a number of times and stood in the spot where he gave the Gettysburg Address. I've also been to Fords Theatre where he was shot as well as the Peterson House across the street where he died. Fords Theatre has a Lincoln museum that is really good and I've been to that a number of times as well.

I think you are judging his funeral and burial by today's standards. You forget that what took place was back in 1865. He was much loved by the American people in the North and there was no television in which to broadcast his funeral. Those caretakers of Lincolns remains also did not anticipate that thieves would want to steal his remains so it took a few times to 'get it right' in regards to making his burial a secure one. So his funeral was a long one, with lots of 'viewings' in different cities, and it took a while to get an appropriate way to bury Lincoln. No one of his caliber had ever died in America before, except perhaps Washington.

In regards to digging up his son, that makes sense. The family would have wanted the minor child to be buried with the adult. And the disagreement over where to bury Lincoln also makes sense. Lincolns wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, had mental illness and the people who were trying to honor and bury Lincoln had to deal with her. Normally the wife would have all say in the matter but she wasn't stable and therefore they tried to be kind to her but at the same time they had to get things done correctly. That took some work.

Two things that you didn't write about Lincoln that are really interesting ....

ONE .... his autopsy took place upstairs in the White House. One of my books here says which room but I can't remember at the moment. During the autopsy they removed Lincolns brain and put it in a basin next to him. It is said that they did not return the brain to the body. That the brain is in archives in a Navy warehouse somewhere undisclosed, and that it's basically lost. This has not been confirmed. This is what was reported at the time.

TWO .... his funeral train, the engine and all the cars, is now a GHOST TRAIN. Yes ... every year on the anniversary of the funeral train taking it's route, a silent ghost train follows that route. People along the route have seen the ghost train, manned by skeletons, and even seen the Lincoln casket in the train. I have another book here that gives the route and the times that the funeral train went through each town. The ghost train goes through the towns and down the tracks at the same time. There is even a lead ghost train car that goes ahead of the train, by a few minutes, that is a ghost train too. In real life the funeral train had a lead car that was a few minutes ahead of it to make sure the tracks were okay for the train to travel on.

I live about half an hour from the train route that the Lincoln funeral train took and I have thought about staking out the tracks at night when the funeral train would have gone by, on the anniversary, to see if I could see the funeral train. But I never have.

I first read about the ghostly funeral train when I was a kid - 50 years ago. It was a part of American lore ... but I haven't heard anyone talking about it in this generation. They are all on their cell phones and into other things.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

No.

He was killed because of a Southern sympathizer who wanted him dead and because Lincolns body guard at Fords Theatre didn't do his job and protect the president. It was war. The South hated him.

And Lincoln had deep deep depression where it was difficult even for him to go from the White House to the building next door that was the war headquarters. Depression takes all ambition out of you. There is no way he even remotely cared about international banking. He just wanted to make it through the day.

A murdering Southern sympathizer and depression mean no international banking conspiracy.
It's just that simple.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What no secondary plot from way out there to throw in for, maybe, other reasons?

I find the title of the thread as interesting. It sounds too familiar with useage of the American-style of the language.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Sounds like they gave him the full Floyd funeral.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

There is a theory that Lincoln was killed because he, together with the Russian Emperor Alexander 2, wanted to create a global bank as a counterweight to the Rothschild Fed. In principle, JFK was also killed for this.

There where a few reasons JFK was on the deep state naughty list, monetary policy was one of them. Another theory of the stakes of monetary policy includes the sinking of the Titanic with who went down. I don't know much about the motives behind the Lincoln assignation. When going from a war to a post war economy, will be some heated discussions.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It’s obvious Lincoln is an immortal vampire.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The US CIA was chartered in 1947 and they may be keeping his last message from 1924 classified.
Lots of rocking horse people and flying monkeys out there.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: kwaka

Not a global bank. They wanted to prevent one. They were seeing the fingers of bankers in wars real well by the Czar Alexander the 2nds lifetime.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skinnerbot
The US CIA was chartered in 1947 and they may be keeping his last message from 1924 classified.
Lots of rocking horse people and flying monkeys out there.

You can make bank on your observations because if it will hurt the Deep State Cabal, they will murder their own mother to gain more power.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Very interesting, Troll! To be honest, I find the American way of 'honoring' our dead to be quite gruesome when compared to most other cultures, both past and present. Continually moving bodies around seems a little over the top, though-yet it still happens.

If they made it into a movie I wouldn't want to see it.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) was the 16th President of the United States.

Wasn't he also a Vampire hunter?

Those were great books!

And of course, Abe was a great President.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Continually moving bodies around seems a little over the top,

Don't forget it was 1865. There wasn't TV or the internet for people to view and mourn with. And Lincoln was LOVED in the North. The long funeral train ride from DC to his burial place is something that I would expect for that time period and for the person Lincoln was. The USA never had anyone like him before, except perhaps Washington.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Pet Sematary 😎

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Pet Sematary 😎

We all live in unreality. In Russia, Lenin’s body is generally taken out and revived every six months))))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   

They endlessly dig up Kaczynski from the grave of their president, who died in a plane crash near Smolensk.

The video evidence suggests otherwise.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Right. Another reason to dig up Kaczynski’s body)))))

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join