It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Sotomayor Says She is Traumatized By Supreme Court Losses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Constitution is the Constitution. There shouldn't be 'losses' and 'wins' to your political side. It should be just reading the Constitution. However, when Justice Sotomayor is out ruled, she calls them losses. And she says the losses traumatize her. Yes .. she used that word. She is traumatized working on the Supreme Court. Kinda sounds like she can't handle the job and should resign. Heck, she should resign for her comments that 'race matters' when ruling, that's really bad ... but at any rate, she shouldn't be in the SCOTUS, IMHO.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has described being on the highest court in the land as living in frustration, saying that every loss the liberal justices face “traumatises” her.

As one of the three liberal justices on the court, Justice Sotomayor and her colleagues can typically anticipate they will be outnumbered when deciding cases.

“Every loss truly traumatises me in my stomach and in my heart,” Justice Sotomayor said on Monday while speaking with students at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The Constitution is the Constitution. There shouldn't be 'losses' and 'wins' to your political side. It should be just reading the Constitution. However, when Justice Sotomayor is out ruled, she calls them losses. And she says the losses traumatize her. Yes .. she used that word. She is traumatized working on the Supreme Court. Kinda sounds like she can't handle the job and should resign. Heck, she should resign for her comments that 'race matters' when ruling, that's really bad ... but at any rate, she shouldn't be in the SCOTUS, IMHO.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has described being on the highest court in the land as living in frustration, saying that every loss the liberal justices face “traumatises” her.

As one of the three liberal justices on the court, Justice Sotomayor and her colleagues can typically anticipate they will be outnumbered when deciding cases.

“Every loss truly traumatises me in my stomach and in my heart,” Justice Sotomayor said on Monday while speaking with students at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law.

I think she is just trying to sway the kids...make them feel bad for her. Otherwise, if the kids use logic, they would agree with the rulings against her.

Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good to know we have such a grounded human being sitting on the highest court in the country. /S

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Good, she can step down. We don't need physically or mentally unfit judges out there.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Looks like they might try to pack the Court.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sotomayor thought for sure she would get to be part of a Limo-Lib Supreme Court that was going to legislate from the bench. Oh Well. 🔲🔺🔻

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Looks like they might try to pack the Court.

with a 9-0 ruling, they would have to add 10 judges to getthe majority in this case.

I think even the zombies out there would see it for what it is. (Although most of them would agree with it because of feelz)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Good to know we have such a grounded human being sitting on the highest court in the country. /S

"Court watchers" say the 2025 to 2029 U.S. President is likely to be the one who picks Sotomayor's replacement. She's deteriorating faster, like Sandra Day O'Conner did.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Keith Obermeyer tweeted out today that the Supreme Court should be dissolved.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Libs are still angry at the ghost of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for not stepping down when Obama was king.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

" If You Cannot Stand The Heat , Get Out Of The Kitchen " ...........*)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oh boy, the liberal idiot really does want Dictator Trump in 10 months, doesn't he!

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
She is not a constitutionalist, just a progressive. When she was picked she hit every box but the important one, being a smart exceptional judge. It was 9 to 0 in favor of Trump, so what is she talking about, it is actually 6 to 4 so one shift to the left and it is 5 to 5. If it was 6 to 4 with liberals 6 they would be screaming life is good, SC is great...

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That guy is still around? Really? He's always been a stink'n mess.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Here we go with the 6-year-old having a tissy fit again and again and again.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
She is not a constitutionalist, just a progressive. When she was picked she hit every box but the important one, being a smart exceptional judge. It was 9 to 0 in favor of Trump, so what is she talking about, it is actually 6 to 4 so one shift to the left and it is 5 to 5. If it was 6 to 4 with liberals 6 they would be screaming life is good, SC is great...

Justice Thomas be like ..........." Girl , Time to get Real " ........

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Keith Obersturmführer 😃

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Whatever he means by that....

Like:

1. No more Supreme Court?
2. Get rid of the sitting justices and put ones in who vote for our feelz?

Either way, he doesn't get the fact that the court is set up the way it is so the jutices are less likely to be swayed by money or politics.

Which i guess i uderstand how he feels in a way...it must suck to be a sucker.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Traumatized? yikes.

I bet she couldn't make it a week in our lives within the real world then if something so insignificant - in the grand scheme of things - takes her down!

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

He is one of the most hurt feelz Librats out there.
His screeching and crying makes me nauseous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join