It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Demo of Dam Damns Salmon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When I was in Jockland up that way I sat on a rock next to a vertical waterfall about 20ft tall. Powerful flow. The salmon would jump about 5ft up into the falls and then swim straight right up and over it.

One landed in my lap. I took it up top and released it.

I have seen a video of common carp doing the same in Eastern Europe. Commons are like torpedoes with massive tail fins.

My biggest was from France at 45lb 6oz.

Long and lean pure muscle.

edit on 4-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
California now condemned to eternal dam-nation. šŸ„¶ļø

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
I did not know fish could get the bends that way. Learned something new.

When the local wildlife adapts to man-made changes, they do tend to have adverse reactions to the man-made changinges being undone.

This. The most successful species adapt to changes in their environment. Those include changes caused by other species, like humans. Some adapt, some don't. Some die, some thrive. This is nature. This unscientific progressive view of humans being separate from nature is asinine.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
I did not know fish could get the bends that way. Learned something new.

When the local wildlife adapts to man-made changes, they do tend to have adverse reactions to the man-made changinges being undone.

This. The most successful species adapt to changes in their environment. Those include changes caused by other species, like humans. Some adapt, some don't. Some die, some thrive. This is nature. This unscientific progressive view of humans being separate from nature is asinine.

Are you saying that if I decide to chuck my trash out the window of my car instead of collecting it for proper disposal because the environment and the local life will adapt? Sure that is completely true, just not really helpful for those affected.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My sig says everything I need to say about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join