It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4-dimensional multiverse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I propose there exists infinite slightly varying 3-Dimensional worlds of this moment you are experiencing.

As the observer, imagine a single point.

Alter your view so as to see a another dimension.

The point can now be represented as a line, which in theory is made up of infinite points extending along this new axis.

Alter your view so as to see another dimension.

The line can now be represented as a plane, which in theory is made up of infinite lines layed out along this new axis.

The plane can now be represented as a 3-D world, however theoretical, this is the view that we are consciously aware of and actively function inside of. In theory, it is made up of infinite planes lined up along this new axis.

The 3-D 'world' can now be represented as being made up of infinite 3-D 'worlds' existing side by side along this new axis.

I theorize that since we exist within a 3-Dimensional reality, and are aware of each dimension, then we must, as an observer, exist beyond.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

The first 3 dimensions exist along what you might call the x, y, and z axis. What is the fourth axis?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

X,Y and Z are representative of a 2D plane as in a graph. For 4D you could look into a Teseract a 4D hyper-cube.

I believe in math multiple dimensions are possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The 4-dimensional multiverse

I thought M theory said there are 11.
And Closed Unoriented Bosonic String Theory says 26.

Or am I not up to date on this?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan
I propose there exists infinite slightly varying 3-Dimensional worlds of this moment you are experiencing.

As the observer, imagine a single point.

Alter your view so as to see a another dimension.

As an "Observer" of a Dot, there is already more than a single Dimension without needing to alter anything. And because a human observer has TWO eyes we can "Triangulate" naturally, otherwise we would never have focus. Therefore we can confirm the 3 Dimensions just by a single observation of the simplest thing and the knowledge that as living beings we can move that view using the 4th Dimension, Time.

The least amount of anything that can exist in the Universe is THREE. THERE ARE NO ACTUAL SINGULARITIES except in Theory, which is not Reality.

And there are not "Infinite Planes", just the possibility of Infinite Viewpoints based on TIME, the 4th Dimension.

Did you just watch the movie "Interstellar"?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

X,Y and Z are representative of a 2D plane as in a graph. For 4D you could look into a Teseract a 4D hyper-cube.

X, Y and Z are abstract expressions of a measurable trajectory in real space. In this sense, a hypercube is still just a cube, no fourth axis. Bringing me back to my previous question.

a reply to: nerbot

I don't believe any human (including myself) is capable of describing the properties of 4th, 5th, etc. It boggles the mind merely studying ordinary reality as we know it today. Having prefaced, I dare say time is not a dimension, rather a measurement of frequency and not mass. Time can exist without 3 dimensional space, like on a piece of paper. It can also exist in one dimensional space like a memory. If it were a dimension, it would be the first because there's no left or right if there's no "now". Being is square one.

edit on 4-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: AllisVibration

X, Y and Z are abstract expressions of a measurable trajectory in real space. In this sense, a hypercube is still just a cube, no fourth axis. Bringing me back to my previous question.

I don't believe any human (including myself) is capable of describing the properties of 4th, 5th, etc. It boggles the mind merely studying ordinary reality as we know it today. I dare say time is not a dimension. It is a measurement of frequency and not mass. Time can exist without 3 dimensional space, like on a piece of paper. It can also exist in one dimensional space like a memory. If it were a dimension, it would be the first because there's no left or right if there's no "now".

Einstein's theories define time as a spatial dimension where 1 second is equivalent to 299,792,458 metres along the axis of time.

His theories, math, and experimental data, have shown that we were misunderstanding the nature of both space and time and were thinking that they were different things.

There are several attributes of dimensionality that we know of, but have no adequate explanation for, and it is my belief that understandings of why those attributes come about will be a major theoretical advance in physics.

edit on 2024-03-04T14:57:06-06:0002Mon, 04 Mar 2024 14:57:06 -060003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

When it was proposed to " imagine " a dot :
I took that as an invitation to a thought exercise, and not a ' draw a dot on a piece of paper ' exercise.

When contemplating a dot, or anything : might we be triangulating in any way ?

Left-brain / right-brain ?

Logical, mathematical, artistic, colour, other options ?

Also : could you please explain :

The least amount of anything that can exist in the Universe is THREE.

I don't get it, as my mind seeks exceptions, and thinks about a unique piece of art.

As a WAG : might you mean the object, the tool of perception, and the awareness of the perceived ?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

... Time can exist without 3 dimensional space, like on a piece of paper. It can also exist in one dimensional space like a memory. If it were a dimension, it would be the first because there's no left or right if there's no "now". Being is square one.

It's very nice to see you thinking like this TC !

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

On the atomic level, even a single particle still occupies space along three axes unless it is one tenth of planck thick and several planck's around or in other words, perfectly flat. This is what a "dot" would look like. Possibly a disc with a dot core.

edit on 4-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin

When it was proposed to " imagine " a dot :
I took that as an invitation to a thought exercise, and not a ' draw a dot on a piece of paper ' exercise.

When contemplating a dot, or anything : might we be triangulating in any way ?

Left-brain / right-brain ?

And yet you made a presupposition with the words "as the observer". This implies the ability to use the imagined reality of "vision" from any unique perspective, which isn't limited to just your imagination but is determined by an audience at will depending on their own unique perspective which in my case are many.

And regarding my statement about "the least amount of anything in the universe is three"...

Origin, Viewpoint, Space. Or a myriad of other triangles depending on scenario. Even the tiniest atom is constructed from a Proton and two Electrons. "A Point".

Let's take your original premise of the singular "point".. There has to be other things that need to exist for "it" to exist.

We need a "Space" for it, "Contrast" to define it in Space, and a "Viewpoint" to create it from, whether imaginary or realistic that's three things.

So much for "In The Beginning...." eh?

--------------------

I have a Spacial mind that thinks in Geometrical ways, and I believe there are never any limits to how far we can go in any direction EXCEPT with the Time we are given on this ball of dirt. I was never academic in any way, but as life gets on, I enjoy learning all the time regarding the physical and metaphysical in, on ,and out of this world. I find it fun.

But yes, I disconbobulate myself sometimes too with how much and how far we can think. That's why I just signed up for a course with The Hong Kong University Of Science And Technology in "Quantum Mechanics and Atoms" lol. Having a tutor to reign in an imagination when needs be is a useful tool to avoid insanity. But you cannot be Sane unless you touch a little Insanity first to know where the boundries lie. Same for all opposites really, there has to be the Triangle of the two extremes and the viewpoint where we rest.

I'm sorry if I made your O.P. a little shadowed, but I commend you on your desire to pursue knowledge like me.

Chat GPT is a great resource for conversations regarding Life, The Universe and Everything. Try the free version, it can be fun and can lead down many rabbit holes. Wormholes too if you like.

Life = Momentum + Potential x Spacetime.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's the shortstory i once wrote, i think you'll like it.

It was just me, nothing else, infinite me and infinte nothingness. I was bored because time didn't seem to exist, so I decided to do a little thought experiment.

I knew I was, but what was I?

Things were always the same I couldn't move beyond that, until at least I decided to take notes....

Little did I know, this will be the beginning of everything.

What am I?
I'm everything, and everything is in me, infinitely small compared to the infinite wastness of nothing.

Heureka!!

I'm a point on a blank...

Upon looking at my self-portrait, I realized we now are two, and our exchange of what we are is beautifully limited.
I always only see myself from the same angle, I can never tell myself how I look from the back at the same time as he tells me.

You're a black point ... NO you're a wite point.

A back and forth until I realize I'm black and white. A connection is created, a line is drawn. But behold, that perfectly balanced line, is balancing on a point.

A new me emerges, another point not black, not white, but both and more.
Why can he communicate faster than me?

He tells me, we're both wrong. That in fact, I am a triangle, and we'd have to set foot into the unknown.

I don't thrust him, but I want to know what I am.
The first step off that line is threatening.
Once the fear of the unknown is mastered, I search for that triangle all around my newfound center.
The revolutions start evolving the angles.

I almost got dizzy from all the perspectives, going round and round.
ultimately, I found the most effective exchange amongst all points.
And behold, there was something more, the triangle I became in perfect balance, balances on a point.

Is that point also me?

Why can he exchange information quicker than me?

He tells me about up, down and that he is just me from another dimension.

I don't belive him and seek back and forth for that dimension, but nothing to be found.
There is no known unknown left to look for,
the tensions grow until a big relieving bang creates space.

My triangle suddenly wasn't such anymore.
I knew what to do and the next stable me was a tetrahedron.

When I started to explore the possibilities of my newfound space, I came across the option to observe my changes in their ordered succession.
Moving points around other points will ultimately lead to circles and waves in one dimension and helices in another.

So I discovered another me, one that would never need a structure to exchange information, but has all the information flowing all the time.

Ultimately I needed a structure to be experienced. It was only by creating this structured equilibrium of myself, all my other forms became apparent.

One day a helix hit the center of a tetrahedron and from there on out everything was up to your imagination...

Like light through a prism....

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

3 is indeed the least you need for something to be experienced...

Anything below can't be experienced, but does it therefore not exist?

We've come a long way, just to get back to the tree falling in the woods, with no one around to hear it...

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I tend to agree, but see it differently...

I believe we see all these other "Worlds" everyday.

We, are the different realities, the so called "Infinite worlds".

My reality is different than your reality. We share a lot when we share the same place. But my experience and your experience differ.

Which COULD lead one to ponder the thought that all the people I interact act with daily are different versions of me

Could all my interactions with you..yes, even you be me arguing with myself? Have I finally lost it?

Between this thread, and the explosion in Detroit thread,

I now want a few water pipe rips, and to get lost contemplating Plato's Cave again

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
We've come a long way, just to get back to the tree falling in the woods, with no one around to hear it...

YOU would have to be there to know nobody heard it...Paradox..lol

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Imagine having a convo about contemplating a dot ! LoL !

I also feel that there are many different potential perspectives of pondering ze dot, that are not dimensions, but more like angles, or filters.

I made a boo-boo, and thought it was meant that there needed to be three, of each particular thing. My bad.

I understand how a physical point needs dimensionality, as you and TzarChasm described so well.

I figure an imaginary dot is free from such limitations, as I can also contemplate an ocean-liner, within the imagination.

From a mindset of non-duality : seems like those triumvirs ( mind-governors ), melt-away.

Good for you to have found an interesting course of study !
Not easy considering how bombarded we are.

For me : I don't feel like I'm interested in learning, anything in particular.
It just feels like temporary curiosity.

This is perfection, so what would be a desire that doesn't accept it ?

But that's a philosophical viewpoint that works, and yet I still take dietary supplements ... LoL !

I don't see myself as any kind of seeker, and yet, like you, I went and knocked-on a door just yesterday.
There was nobody there ...

Please don't let that course turn you into one of the many know-it-all-know-nothings that gatekeep in various subjects around here.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the succinct description.

Perhaps the only perfect point would be a theoretical point ?

Yet I understand how the point of a geometry-set compass is " adequate " for graphing equations.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Maybe the residents are on a walk about?

Try again later?

Maybe they'll get back to you when they get a chance to.

^_^

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
NVM

edit on 6-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Thanks for your encouragement.

It appears to be the kind of " shoppe " that isn't constantly open.
They do have a phone number painted on the store-front.

I'm not much of a seeker tho, so the gumption to knock may not return any time soon.

Dese guyz :

International Gnostic Association for Anthropological Studies is a non-profit org, dedicated to spreading VM Samael Aun Weor's message.

International Gnostic Association for Anthropological Studies

top topics

<<   2 >>

join