It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC New Guidance Ends 5-Day COVID-19 Isolation Recovery Guideline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Edumakated
They are basically saying treat it like the flu... gee, I recall the "conspiracy theorist" saying the same thing four years ago.

From Wall Street Journal.

Covid in 2024: Treat it more like flu

"A case of Covid no longer means isolating for five days, according to the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Friday. It’s the latest sign of the virus’s normalization four years after it upended our lives.

You should now follow the same precautions with Covid as you take with the flu, according to new guidelines from the CDC. That means staying home until you’ve gone a day with no fever and symptoms start to improve. Take other precautions for the next five days, including wearing a mask and limiting close contact with others.

Those are the same steps the CDC recommends for other respiratory viruses."

4 years ago no one was vaccinated and hardly anyone had acquired immunity.

Things change.

How do people who never had it acquire immunity? 😃

How many people have never had covid?

I would say 100% of people never had covid.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How come so many Still fall for the propaganda?
I never got my kill shot. or Flu shot.
I got Flu in 23, for 3 day! not bad at all.
I dont get the flu normaly!

my ex girl friend was a school teacher and
would bring home all kinds of Plagues.
she hated me as I never got 90%.
and no I did not live healthy.
oh and yes She did get her Flu and kill shot.

Hay! sheep, wake up!
sigh. look at them run about!

edit on 3-3-2024 by Scratchpost because: they made me

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
a reply to: xuenchen
Lol, I didn't realise any countries were still treating it like it's worse than influenza.
How do you know it's not just a cold?
In the UK they stopped the bull# tests coz it cost too much when everyone with a cold is insisting it's COVID!

I stopped worrying about covid around April 2020, when I realised the only people who died were the same people flu kills...elderly, unwell, and fat people... I'm none of those so I caught it on purpose, and kinda ignored the propaganda after that.

...I've never had a flu vaccine either, prefer to trust my immune system, and it's worked for over half a century so far!🫣

Remember the 1918 "Spanish Flu" that killed an estimated 50 million people?

It had burnt itself out by 1920.

It also, quite literally, was the flu.

edit on 2024-03-03T18:52:36-06:0006Sun, 03 Mar 2024 18:52:36 -060003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Lol, I didn't realise any countries were still treating it like it's worse than influenza.
How do you know it's not just a cold?
In the UK they stopped the bull# tests coz it cost too much when everyone with a cold is insisting it's COVID!

I stopped worrying about covid around April 2020, when I realised the only people who died were the same people flu kills...elderly, unwell, and fat people... I'm none of those so I caught it on purpose, and kinda ignored the propaganda after that.

...I've never had a flu vaccine either, prefer to trust my immune system, and it's worked for over half a century so far!🫣

Remember the 1918 "Spanish Flu" that killed an estimated 50 million people?

It had burnt itself out by 1920.

It also, quite literally, was the flu.

That also could have been a WW1 bioweapon.

🤫

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

There is another interesting correlation to major pandemics.
Whenever novel electromagnetic fields are globally introduced trough technology there seem to be major pandemics shortly after...

I think the Spanish flu correlates with Sonar. Was it Elons starlink or 5G that did COVID... We'll never know.

There is an interesting read on those correlations with historical account where that correlation is observed. It's called "the invisible rainbow".

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
In 1918, most working class people lived in substandard, cold, damp, overcrowded accommodation. Their dietary intake was also pretty piss-poor, with even worse standards of hygiene.

If we lived in the same practical and social conditions as 1918, then the regular flu would kill many more than it does every year.

'Spanish flu' wasn't some scary killer version of flu, just our standards of living, and healthcare/hygiene were absolutely crap back then.

Flu only kills elderly/unwell/unhealthy/obese people these days...the exact same people who died from covid.
So, as I'm in none of them groups of people, I remain unvaccinated for covid or flu, I've caught both in my life and survived, so I ain't changing tactics any time soon!😁

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

In 1918, most working class people lived in substandard, cold, damp, overcrowded accommodation. Their dietary intake was also pretty piss-poor, with even worse standards of hygiene.

All of the founders of the USA lived in accommodations 100 years older than in the 1800's. The median age of residential buildings in New York today is 90 years, so most people now living in New York are living in much the same accommodation as back then.

Age of housing units in England in 2023, by tenure

If we lived in the same practical and social conditions as 1918, then the regular flu would kill many more than it does every year.

'Spanish flu' wasn't some scary killer version of flu, just our standards of living, and healthcare/hygiene were absolutely crap back then.

Flu is seasonal and has occurred roughly every year for thousands of years. The 1918 flu was a killer version of flu.

Flu only kills elderly/unwell/unhealthy/obese people these days...the exact same people who died from covid.
So, as I'm in none of them groups of people, I remain unvaccinated for covid or flu, I've caught both in my life and survived, so I ain't changing tactics any time soon!😁

In the 2018-2019 flu season in the US, 3,022 people under the age of 49 died of the flu:

2018-2019 Flu Season Burden Estimates - CDC

I imagine you aren't ever going to get older or get sick. Ignorance is strength!

edit on 2024-03-04T12:50:18-06:0012Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:50:18 -060003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In the 2018-2019 flu season in the US, 3,022 people under the age of 49 died of the flu:
The majority of whom, I assume had pre-existing medical conditions, same as covid, it RARELY kills healthy fit people...but as a covid Vax advocate I'm sure you are already aware of that lol👍

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The majority of whom, I assume had pre-existing medical conditions, same as covid, it RARELY kills healthy fit people...but as a covid Vax advocate I'm sure you are already aware of that lol👍

I know of a 35 year old resident of Milwaukee who was apparently quite fit and who jogged regularly and ran marathons, who died of COVID-19, quite early in the pandemic.

Sure, the majority of mortalities were those with pre-existing conditions or were geriatric. That is pretty much the case for EVERY infectious disease, particularly respiratory ones, and as an argument for doing nothing, is not particularly valid.

If you recall, healthy young people, like those on US navy vessels, or in other armed forces, died of COVID-19. The whole "it only affects" stuff is just wrong.

Navy Loses 17th Sailor to COVID-19

Nearly 100 Deaths, Half a Million Cases: The Toll from 3 Years of the Coronavirus Pandemic on the Military

edit on 2024-03-04T14:09:50-06:0002Mon, 04 Mar 2024 14:09:50 -060003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

They are basically saying treat it like the flu... gee, I recall the "conspiracy theorist" saying the same thing four years ago.

"A case of Covid no longer means isolating for five days, according to the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Friday. It’s the latest sign of the virus’s normalization four years after it upended our lives.

You should now follow the same precautions with Covid as you take with the flu, according to new guidelines from the CDC. That means staying home until you’ve gone a day with no fever and symptoms start to improve. Take other precautions for the next five days, including wearing a mask and limiting close contact with others.

Things change.

I caught it twice and I can attest, a cold keeps me down longer. I'll take a day off when I have a cold, but didn't skip a beat when I had covid. I'm not vaxed nor did I ever wear masks. Both are completely useless.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Things change.

I caught it twice and I can attest, a cold keeps me down longer. I'll take a day off when I have a cold, but didn't skip a beat when I had covid. I'm not vaxed nor did I ever wear masks. Both are completely useless.

Good for you. Have a sticker. It doesn't mean it wasn't serious for other people.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Things change.

Good for you. Have a sticker. It doesn't mean it wasn't serious for other people.

Of course it was serious for some. Fear and panic can shut your body down.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Things change.

Of course it was serious for some. Fear and panic can shut your body down.

And covid can kill you or cause long term health issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join