It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Humpback Sex Photographed for First Time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is apparently the first filming of Humpback sex...as well as a very rare siting of a Humpback's penis outside of urination.
Homosexual activity in Humpbacks has also never been photographed before, but has been previously photographed in Orcas and Dolphins.

This capture really shows us how little we actually know about our whale friends...and how much more there is for us all to learn.

GAY WHALES HAVING SEX:

Humpback whales have been observed having sex for the first time, with this landmark moment having an interesting twist – the two whales were male.

Despite decades of research on humpback whales, sightings of the male’s penis have been rare. Copulation by the species had not been documented by people – until now, when two photographers captured images of a sexual encounter between two whales off the coast of Hawaii.

Both of the whales were male, which makes the photos, taken by Lyle Krannichfeld and Brandi Romano, the first evidence of homosexual behavior in humpback whales as well as the first sighting of sex in the species. Homosexual behavior is common in the animal kingdom and has been spotted among dolphins and orca whales, but never previously between humpback whales.

Stephanie Stack, a whale researcher at the Pacific Whale Foundation and lead author of the new paper, said that the sexual behavior of humpback whales had “remained mostly a mystery until now”.

www.ksn.com...
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 1-3-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

My week is complete now.

This is exactly what we needed to kick off March of 2024.

Thank you for your service.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

My week is complete now.

This discovery is really making waves in Cetology circles.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Just saw the title, but I'm getting tired of the Fani Willis case.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: dothedew

My week is complete now.

This discovery is really making waves in Cetology circles.

It looks like those whales were making some waves out in the ocean too!

Sorry, I'm on a roll today lolol

It definitely is one hell of a find though; these instances tend to rile up certain communities and lead to further discoveries and understandings of habitats and behavior

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
According to the way it was described in the actual paper, it is looking more like a predatory whale was raping a sicker smaller whale who was sick and may actually have been trying to get away from the larger rapist. pretty typical prison behavior if you ask me.

Full paper
The observations reported here were made opportunistically on January 19, 2022. A private vessel (8 m in length and outfitted with twin Yamaha 150 hp outboard engines) encountered a group of two humpback whales approximately 2 km west of the Molokini crater off the island of Maui, Hawaiʻi (Figure 1). The whales slowly approached the boat, at and just below the surface. The whales were visible from the boat, perhaps 3–5 m below the surface. Whale A was in the lead, followed by Whale B. When the two whales approached the boat, it was observed that Whale A appeared to have an unusual brown coloration of the body, which drew interest in documenting these animals. Photographic observations were made by holding Sony and Olympus cameras underwater from the rear swim step and over the side of the boat. Photographs were taken at a depth of approximately 0–0.25 m. The vessel was in neutral, with the engines shut off. The two whales were observed to be interacting with each other and slowly circled the boat several times. The whale's behavior was observed for approximately 30 min. Whale A was visibly emaciated and covered in whale lice (Cyamus boopis), a species of ectoparasite that lives on the skin of humpback whales and can proliferate on whales that are injured and have reduced mobility, leading to the perceived skin discoloration as described earlier (Osmond & Kaufman, 1998). Whale A was swimming slowly in circles around the boat, approximately six times, pursued by Whale B. Whale A was displaying slow and low energy movements. It was slowly attempting to swim away from Whale B but was not making any sudden or powerful movements and did not dive out of sight at any point during the encounter. It is possible that Whale A approaching and circling the boat was an attempt to block or seek refuge from Whale B. However, if so, Whale A was moving too slowly to be effective at evading the other animal. Both whales remained within approximately 5 m of the surface for the duration of the encounter. Whale B had its penis extruded during the entirety of the encounter. Whale B repeatedly approached from the rear of Whale A and penetrated the second whale, appearing to hold Whale A in place with its pectoral fins. The penetrations were shallow, visually judged to be a few centimeters in depth. Each penetration was

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's fun to swim at the. . . Y. . MCA

It's fun to swim at the . . . Y. . MCA. . . . .

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Their anal plugs are yellow submarines...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's fun to swim at the. . . Y. . MCA

It's fun to swim at the . . . Y. . MCA. . . . .

Very Shamusing!

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
it is looking more like a predatory whale was raping a sicker smaller whale who was sick and may actually have been trying to get away from the larger rapist.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.
Small sick whale getting bullied and raped by bigger healthy whale.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

According to the way it was described in the actual paper, it is looking more like a predatory whale was raping a sicker smaller whale who was sick and may actually have been trying to get away from the larger rapist. pretty typical prison behavior if you ask me.

Very interesting.
These gay rapist whale bast*rds need to be tracked down and harpooned by seamen...(but they'd probably like that).
edit on 1-3-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just one more thing in my head I’ll never un-see. Thanks for that! 😵‍💫

edit on 1-3-2024 by trustyaright because: new

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Something tells me I’m going to enjoy your posts. Call it a hunch. Hello DB!

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Very interesting.
These gay rapist whale bast*rds need to be tracked down and harpooned by seamen...(but they'd probably like that).

Ummm...apparently the sickly one was already harpooned by semen...

Or was that...lampooned...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

OK.

Just what the Hell have you been Googling?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

OK.

lol

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ok now I'm Not saying this ......but have read and seen this info out there for Years

10 animal species that show how being gay is natural - LINK

Homosexual Animals Facts - LINK

Why Is Same-Sex Sexual Behavior So Common in Animals? - LINK

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

OK.

The story just popped up while I was looking up 'Ukrainian Nazi Cannibals'.
Damndest thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And that, Your Honour, is the Defendant's case...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So THAT'S where they get their name!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join