It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X quietly revived anti-misgendering policy that Musk dropped last year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

If they want to I say let em it works both ways. I man should speak his mind or have an opinion good and bad

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: namehere

Trans leaving the platform... Lol...

You know what percentage they make up, X couldn't care less about trans...

It's the decent peoples who aren't very fond of self-righteous phobes spewing their hateful crap all over the place... No one is...

I've been to sites on the internet where humans(?) spew their hate speech like bots at the slightest prvocation, drowning out any intellegent discourse on this greater issue at play.

It must be hard being triggered so severely that one word hateful rhetoric is so virulent within than community, spending one's days and nights endlessly and repetitively attacking the "undesireables" without the insight to realize they fall into the same catagory themselves because of their own reactionary behaviors.

At least in Polite and CIvil Society, discussions are possible.

I'd rather live in a world where internet folks were better able to express their opinions on things and modern issues than going on targeted hunts like some of the more nefarious hate groups out there, and that goes for both sides.

Nothing is worse than having a conversation interrupted by a hateful, spiteful and rabid hater.

If folks want to allow that kind fo thing under the gusise of "Free Speech" there are plenty of private platforms where they are free to do so to their hearts content without ramifications, moderation or censorship.

Free speech does not mean freedoms from reprocussions, and apparently Musk's level of tolerance on his platform reached it's limit because folks like this and the chaos and bad blood they create makes for such a toxic environment, folks will drop a site that shows no interest in their peace of mind rather than continue to put up with hate speech and unbridled harassment from folks who don't agree with their own right to free expression.

And This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

VIdeo Related :

edit on 3/1/24 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling amended, minor error

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Nothing is worse than having a conversation interrupted by a hateful, spiteful and rabid hater.

You know the saying, don't argue with idiots they'll drag you down to their level and beat you there...
Idiots having an idiot conversation is sometimes without the participants knowing hateful, spiteful and rabid.

Funny thing they'll only realize if you step down and make comments with the same rhetorics but from the opposite POV how hateful it actually is...

But alas, being idiots is not helping in that necessary skill of self reflection so they are always only seing the other side...
edit on 2-3-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Opossum19

Like I said, no one will stop anyone to spew their low brow crap on the street corner.

It's a private market and the medium is not yours. It's like tv quota, you'll cancel a show that drives viewers away...

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I used to send a young group of White Supremacists online into fits of rage and misogynistic fury back in the old Yahoo Chat days when they took over a Punk, Ska, and Thrash room by countering their persistent rhetoric that Africans and African Americans never contributed anything of value with one simple statement.

"George Washington Carver invented peanut butter."

Man, they went absolutely into a rabid fit of rage and started cussing me out to no end, insulting me at every turn and demanding I shut up because I was nothing more than a "stupid girl" who didn't know her History.

Meanwhile, I thought it hilarious that these younglings of the so called "Master Race" could be such snowflakes.

I don't regret my involvement, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Of course, I was young back then and have a broader understanding of things, and while it's important to acknowelege the achievements of your ancestors and genetic relations to some degree, not being respectful of the challenges, contributions and technologies of other Class, Races, Creeds, Cultures, etc....isn't the sign of Superiorority, it's a sign of Willfull Ignorance.

Oh well, maybe they'll grow up one day.

I certainly hope so.

edit on 3/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling, grammar edits for clarity

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Those who cling to ideologies that proclaim them superior all have an inferiority complex...

They're easier to trigger than a cat with a laser. This can equally happen with Antifa...

Left, right, doesn't really matter extremist all suffer the same mental condition.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yep.

I seem to recall a psychology book by either Freud or Jung talking about the German Inferiority Complex in relation to the misgiving of the Third Reich, but I can't find any reference or record of it's existence anymore online anyway.

I checked it out from the local library years ago during my History studies on the subject.

It's sad really, how our psychology is used against us by TPTB.

The only solution is to be aware of our faults and shortcomings, and make an effort to makes ourselves stronger and less likely to be controlled by tricks of the trade, but it's not always as easy as it seems.

Patience, practice, time and attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join