It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X quietly revived anti-misgendering policy that Musk dropped last year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Last April, Twitter quietly edited its abuse and harassment policy to no longer explicitly ban deadnaming (calling transgender people by a former name) or misgendering (purposely using non-preferred pronouns or gender labels).

… X, just as quietly reinstated a version of the old policy.

In a section labeled "Use of Prior Names and Pronouns," X's updated policy confirms that X will "reduce the visibility of posts that purposefully use different pronouns to address someone other than what that person uses for themselves…

X quietly revived anti-misgendering policy that Musk dropped last year

Free speech was fun while it lasted.

Hodge twins are calling out elon, we’ll see if he responds.

This comes on the heals of several attempts to shutter free speech Around the world and In the US. It might be his response to those Such as EU and Ireland.
edit on 29-2-2024 by pianopraze because: Fixing photo

edit on 29-2-2024 by pianopraze because: Added free speech for clarification.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Here's the thing about Twitter/X:

They have to get large market share to even have a hope of surviving, economically. If you go either far right or far left, you lose market share. You have to be somewhere in the middle to survive. That's why Twitter evolved to be the way it was before Elon took over. This is especially true if you are a multinational/international enterprise. You can't make your business decisions based only on what domestic US customers want.

He bought Twitter out, grabbed the steering wheel and immediately turned it sharply to the right. Predictably, that lost him market share. Now, he's trying to steer it back slightly towards the middle. It might be too little, too late. He might be rich enough to not care, but that won't keep X in business, and then he won't have his bully pulpit.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

They have to get large market share to even have a hope of surviving, economically. If you go either far right or far left, you lose market share. You have to be somewhere in the middle to survive. That's why Twitter evolved to be the way it was before Elon took over. This is especially true if you are a multinational/international enterprise. You can't make your business decisions based only on what domestic US customers want.

He bought Twitter out, grabbed the steering wheel and immediately turned it sharply to the right. Predictably, that lost him market share. Now, he's trying to steer it back slightly towards the middle. It might be too little, too late. He might be rich enough to not care, but that won't keep X in business, and then he won't have his bully pulpit.

If you think Elon is far right or right wing at all, you’re in for a huge shock. He’s left of center which from the reaches of the far left, appears to be far right.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Look no further than bolshevik Linda Yaccarino, the CEO of X. A handler of sorts fulfilling an obvious oedipus complex with dominatrix undertones.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   

That's why Twitter evolved to be the way it was before Elon took over...
He bought Twitter out, grabbed the steering wheel and immediately turned it sharply to the right.

Yes... if by hard right you mean started removing the human trafficking and child exploitation rings, stopped illegal collusion from governments to suppress speech, and stopped banning criticism of globalist scumbags... then it definitely went hard right.

Twitter evolved to be the way it was before Elon got there because ex intelligence was running wild on the back end censoring anything critical of their globalist puppet masters and the eugenicists that fund them.

The rest of your tripe is just pseudo-intellectual fluff to fill in around your mandated political opinion, not something you seriously pondered. In other words, it's fabrications that you think sound good with no evidence whatsoever to support them.

If it's advertisers that are keeping the platform balanced then authoritarians like you wouldn't need to cheer politicians trying to censor speech on them all the time. If advertisers were organically moving content away you wouldn't need a bunch of screeching incel harpies threatening the CEOs of companies unless they stop doing business with others based on political opinions. If X was in trouble because of advertising running away from the right then Biden and his cronies wouldn't be targeting Musk and trying to harm the company with arbitrary lawsuits. It's all just a facade to pretty up the fact that you like authoritarianism and support it so long as it's going how you want it.

If X was really in trouble all the loud mouths that said they were quitting wouldn't be sucking at the teat still over and over, day after day, for the millions and millions of views X can get them.

I think these policies are being revisited because a globalist scumbag being made CEO was Elon Musk thinking appeasement was somehow going to stop fascists from being fascists. Not really my problem, but I hate authoritarians making up crap to support their antisocial beliefs and your post fits the bill.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Look no further than bolshevik Linda Yaccarino, the CEO of X. A handler of sorts fulfilling an obvious oedipus complex with dominatrix undertones.

So that's the stuff you wank off to because you are obviously focused on it but you have a stern no tolerance policy against it with your online persona...

Gottit.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I feel so bad for people that feel their freedom of speech is clipped because they are not allowed to express their low moral standards trough their limited nasty vocabulary...

Piss poor manners, # them and their discrimination... They'd be running around trowing a 'n-word' in every black face they encounter.... OMG ATS is against free speach... Duh... Get over your hateful ideologies and come to terms that the world is changing and there is nothing you can do, but fall of the bandwagon. The funniest ones are those that keep running along to insult everyone still on it...

They smile wave and watch you slowly disappear over the horizon...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

there is nothing you can do, but fall of the bandwagon

You mean "jump on the bandwagon."

Geez. If you're gonna preach Marxist groupthink then at least get your mantras right.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Society has an ever-changing coherence! if you've become incoherent to it, due to lack off adaption or choice, don't blame society for that, it's weak...

survival of the fittest was never about throwing punches to stop change, but adaptation to it...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Isn't that only good maners to address someone as they choose? Be like saying call me Ryan . I don't think it's earth shattering or in someway restricts what you can say. If you say you want to be referred to as she fine I just talk about you and say she. The only problem I can see is if you didn't know and said he by mistake. That's fine unless you continue to do so after they asked you not to.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You can think whatever you want, Chief.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”
― George Orwell, 1984

I have been object to PC culture since the 90’s.

Now it has morphed into something much more decrepit, and worming it’s way towards total control.

It’s the control that is the problem.

The politicians wrap the control in pretty packages… "for the children" "for the whales" "for the trans"…

It’s not about any of those things - it’s about control.

So be trans

Be tradition

But screw the control

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Privately owned website has T&Cs about behaviour shocker.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Isn't that only good maners to address someone as they choose? Be like saying call me Ryan .

If we wanted to learn what you CHOOSE to be called then we wouldn't be using pronouns in the first place.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Society has an ever-changing coherence! if you've become incoherent to it, due to lack off adaption or choice, don't blame society for that, it's weak...

survival of the fittest was never about throwing punches to stop change, but adaptation to it...

not that I expect you to grasp duality and all, but when this shifts back the other direction, and it will, hold on to that.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Terpene

not that I expect you to grasp duality and all, but when this shifts back the other direction, and it will, hold on to that.

Exactly

I’m already against the control of speech the other way also.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Unlike you I've been off the train of societal acceptance a long time ago. It's funny that those that fell off recently due to their own inability to adapt, think they are entitled to have a place in society...
I'm fine on the sidelines seeing the easily fooled being fooled. Those that have always hid behind the peer pressure are the first to whine when they feel peer pressure.

It's sweet you care about me, but those superficial things don't bother me. I see whx they bother those that have little to no experience facing peer pressure...

Societal change is not really subject to the political dichotomy, it's the ability of the majority to accept something as equal with equal dignity to themselfs. Something that was considered beneath them until then, it's not like that awareness will go away.

Admittedly those that are more conservative minded do slow down the process but it's not something that would get reverted...

If you want to understand how this will go down, you just have to look at slavery or gay rights... You can't argue intolerance towards other human beings, no matter your political ideology. You can keep trying, but be warned you're just making yourself more irrelevant to where society is headed. Exactly like those who'd advocate for slavery or supressing gays back in the days. In the face of history I wouldn't want to be that person, but you do you...
edit on 1-3-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 59demon

If you think Elon is far right or right wing at all, you’re in for a huge shock. He’s left of center which from the reaches of the far left, appears to be far right.

when will people realize its never about ideology when it comes to business in most cases, its about either money or liability risk, if people feel excluded they will leave and that's less customers to profit from and you never know if it might lead to lawsuits one day. im guessing trans and others were leaving in droves still because musks attempt to turn twitter into a conservative platform, so management reversed course and backed away from such policies.

musk is all about profit, so whatever political party benefits him and his ambitions is where he will lean, because reality has hard limits you gotta follow to maintain influence and be successful. sorry, but Republican right wing ideology isn't profitable or popular especially among younger people.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Trans leaving the platform... Lol...

You know what percentage they make up, X couldn't care less about trans...

It's the decent peoples who aren't very fond of self-righteous phobes spewing their hateful crap all over the place... No one is...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Elon is definately not right but he's not radical left either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join