It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking poll reveals that 37% of Americans believe in creationism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
a reply to: Venkuish1

I'm speaking of faith being rewarded which reaffirms belief. It seems your scientific lens on life doesn't allow you to reconcile that, but that's not shocking either.

Are you waiting to be convinced? Why start a thread complaining about your own convictions?Wait....are you looking for a Bible study?

I think you want a Bible study. It's okay if you do!

Sry wasnt directed at me .
edit on 28-2-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

First of all, I wasn't addressing you, but aside from that, I'm just prodding the OP like the purpose of this thread.

Savvy?

Eta: Gotcha. No problem. I was like, "Satan club"? WTH lol It's fine.

edit on 28-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

NIH ? I bet they have papers about men getting pregnant and how awesome the Jabs are. Im sorry if I doubt all of what they have ever said now.

You can find the paper online and on several journals that publish scientific papers.

The National Institutes of Health never made any claim about men getting pregnant. You are confusing the what some trans activists claim with NIH.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Im guessing you need to be a little more educated on some things

IS Neil deGrasse Tyson a smart enough scientist to think simulation is a possibility?
www.youtube.com...

Or is he just wrong and it cant even be possible because you know for Fact how the universe works.

Prove its not a simulation.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:06 AM
link   

First of all, I wasn't addressing you, but aside from that, I'm just prodding the OP like the purpose of this thread.

Savvy?

Purpose of this thread is to emphasize how shocking is that a large number of adults in the US believe in creationism in the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   

IS Neil deGrasse Tyson a smart enough scientist to think simulation is a possibility?
www.youtube.com...

Or is he just wrong and it cant even be possible because you know for Fact how the universe works.

I don't need to prove a negative...

And this kind of simulation is a theoretical possibility and not a fact. This must be said.

You don't even get the basics right.

Do you want me to prove the universe wasn't created by a flying spaghetti monster? It's the same argument with the one you made.
edit on 28-2-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Savvy?

Had fun . I might be getting bitchy so gonna say good night

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Savvy?

No more attempts to justify your belief in creationism?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

www.youtube.com...

I don't need to prove a negative...

And this kind of simulation is a theoretical possibility and not a fact. This must be said.

You don't even get the basics right.

Do you want me to prove the universe wasn't created by a flying spaghetti monster? It's the same argument with the one you made.

But if simulation is a possibility then evolution can not be FACT. Fact is fact not well maybe if

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Savvy?

No more attempts to justify your belief in creationism?

I believe in simulation theory I have made that pretty clear. Whats to justify?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Savvy?

Purpose of this thread is to emphasize how shocking is that a large number of adults in the US believe in creationism in the 21st century.

You keep saying that but it's not shocking, sorry.
You're just bashing religion which isn't shocking either.

Can you tell I'm ready to be shocked? What's next on your Complain-o-Meter©, hit me with your best unproductive topic! Go!!

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I dont care who you are if you see your 5 year old grandson in a hospital bed with a fully bandaged head you start Praying to something

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

ncse.ngo...

A recent Suffolk University/USA Today poll investigated U.S. public opinion about human evolution. Asked "What comes closest to your belief about humans and evolution?" 29% of respondents preferred "Humans evolved into their present form without divine intervention," 24% preferred "Humans evolved into their present form, but God directed the process," and 37% preferred "Humans did not evolve. They were created in their present form by God," while 8% were undecided and 2% refused to answer.

The survey was conducted between October 17 and October 20 of 2023 and 1,000 registered voters were asked via live telephone interviews from all 50 States plus the District of Columbia.

Anyone can argue this is a small sample and not representative but I am quite confident that a much larger sample will reveal similar results. Another poll was conducted back in 2019 producing similar results: 40% of Americans believe in creationism.

news.gallup.com...

Creationism in relation to the origin of humans is the outdated and debunked religious view that humans are not products of the evolutionary process but they were created by a supernatural force through divine creation and this is contrary to all the evidence we have and by completely dismissing and disregarding facts and science altogether.

The survey revealed that from the 1,000 adult participants around 370 answered humans were created by God and there is no evolution while another almost 240 participants (24%) answered humans evolved but God directed the process.

My understanding is that schools are not doing what they suppose to be doing by teaching kids facts and basic science and by making sure kids are able to distinguish between reality and fiction.

From a statistics class I took, 32 people is the least polling needed to get a representative sample.

Back in college, I took a poll with 8 straight men, 8 gay men, 8 straight women, and 8 gay women.
This long after after the poll I cannot remember racial demographics.
But I can declare women's breasts are a universal attraction. The two in disagreement remarked they were frightened by them. Both gay men.

en.wikipedia.org...

To go to your specific point with this larger sample than my anecdote (which I think has to do more-so with breastfeeding rather than my own unscientific poll).

610 of 1000 think Humans are special.
So 61% of humans are narcissistic?

I think that number is low.

But here is where I will push back.

Prove it:

Creationism in relation to the origin of humans is the outdated and debunked religious view that humans are not products of the evolutionary process but they were created by a supernatural force through divine creation and this is contrary to all the evidence we have and by completely dismissing and disregarding facts and science altogether.

You actually cannot, which is why your study talks in statistics rather than reality.

I don't want to disagree with you, but you have nothing to support your claim.

By the by, is it up to the schools or the parents to "distinguish between reality and fiction."

Perhaps a combination there in?

You seem to be confused...

I am stating a fact not making a claim.
Evolution is a fact. This directly implies creationism is false.

All the evidence we have show clearly no intelligent design but evolution via natural selection.

Perhaps the schools haven't done a good job and you are asking me to prove facts? We all know where the problem is.

Creationism has no leg to stand on and never had. No evidence and no proof of any of the claims made in favour of it.

You don't really seem to know there the burden of proof is just like all other creationists and flat earthers.

Yeah, nah. Devolution is the phase we are in, all part of the creation. All created things have a finite life and the creator alone is forever and beyond.

Evolution is a shadow of the creators hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think people who do every thing they can to disprove a god are mostly immoral people who are afraid they might be judged .

But like I said eventually were all saying "well god if you are really up there I need you". So nobody is really 100% convinced there isnt one no matter what they tell ya

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I think people who do every thing they can to disprove a god are mostly immoral people who are afraid they might be judged .

But like I said eventually were all saying "well god if you are really up there I need you". So nobody is really 100% convinced there isnt one no matter what they tell ya

I don't see anyone trying to disprove God. I see people saying they see no evidence.

We aren't all saying " well God if you are really up there I need you".

You don't speak for anyone but yourself. Thank God !

(post by MykeNukem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I don't see anyone trying to disprove God. I see people saying they see no evidence.

I said eventually

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Nobody tried to disprove God.

Most importantly the burden of proof is on those who make the claims about God and creationism via supernatural intervention.

You need strong evidence and proof for these claims. You only have religious belief in the absence of any evidence.
edit on 28-2-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The other guy has said it many times that creationism is debunked . Like I said probably just immoral people wanting to do immoral things with no repercussions.

Which BTW I dont think there are going to be any

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

ncse.ngo...

A recent Suffolk University/USA Today poll investigated U.S. public opinion about human evolution. Asked "What comes closest to your belief about humans and evolution?" 29% of respondents preferred "Humans evolved into their present form without divine intervention," 24% preferred "Humans evolved into their present form, but God directed the process," and 37% preferred "Humans did not evolve. They were created in their present form by God," while 8% were undecided and 2% refused to answer.

The survey was conducted between October 17 and October 20 of 2023 and 1,000 registered voters were asked via live telephone interviews from all 50 States plus the District of Columbia.

Anyone can argue this is a small sample and not representative but I am quite confident that a much larger sample will reveal similar results. Another poll was conducted back in 2019 producing similar results: 40% of Americans believe in creationism.

news.gallup.com...

The survey revealed that from the 1,000 adult participants around 370 answered humans were created by God and there is no evolution while another almost 240 participants (24%) answered humans evolved but God directed the process.

My understanding is that schools are not doing what they suppose to be doing by teaching kids facts and basic science and by making sure kids are able to distinguish between reality and fiction.

From a statistics class I took, 32 people is the least polling needed to get a representative sample.

Back in college, I took a poll with 8 straight men, 8 gay men, 8 straight women, and 8 gay women.
This long after after the poll I cannot remember racial demographics.
But I can declare women's breasts are a universal attraction. The two in disagreement remarked they were frightened by them. Both gay men.

en.wikipedia.org...

To go to your specific point with this larger sample than my anecdote (which I think has to do more-so with breastfeeding rather than my own unscientific poll).

610 of 1000 think Humans are special.
So 61% of humans are narcissistic?

I think that number is low.

But here is where I will push back.

Prove it:

You actually cannot, which is why your study talks in statistics rather than reality.

I don't want to disagree with you, but you have nothing to support your claim.

By the by, is it up to the schools or the parents to "distinguish between reality and fiction."

Perhaps a combination there in?

You seem to be confused...

I am stating a fact not making a claim.
Evolution is a fact. This directly implies creationism is false.

All the evidence we have show clearly no intelligent design but evolution via natural selection.

Perhaps the schools haven't done a good job and you are asking me to prove facts? We all know where the problem is.

Creationism has no leg to stand on and never had. No evidence and no proof of any of the claims made in favour of it.

You don't really seem to know there the burden of proof is just like all other creationists and flat earthers.

Yeah, nah. Devolution is the phase we are in, all part of the creation. All created things have a finite life and the creator alone is forever and beyond.

Evolution is a shadow of the creators hand.

There are just assertions without any evidence to support them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join